Obama found in contempt of court!

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
A federal judge Wednesday blasted the Obama administration for "determined disregard" of his order to lift a ban on offshore oil and gas drilling last year, giving fresh ammunition to the oil industry and its allies on Capitol Hill who want the Interior Department to speed approvals of new offshore drilling projects.

The ruling by Judge Martin Feldman of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana means the Interior Department could have to reimburse Hornbeck Offshore Services LLC, a Louisiana drilling company, for the costs of litigation that the firm brought last year challenging the legality of the drilling moratorium.

The drilling halt was first ordered last May after the April 20 Deepwater Horizon rig explosion, in which 11 workers died, and the resulting oil spill. Judge Feldman struck down the initial ban in June, and the Interior Department quickly ordered a second one.

In his ruling, Judge Feldman said Hornbeck was owed the money because the government's conduct amounted to contempt of court.

obama_jail1.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
He's already in contempt of his constituency. It was just a matter of time before it spread.

Reactions: 2 people
He's already in contempt of his constituency. It was just a matter of time before it spread.

I did a search and I cannot find anything referencing a contempt citation issued by the judge. I found info indicating he was p!ssed. But no actual order of contempt. But hey, why let facts get in the way.

I wonder f I can try what other have done by pointing out someone else's contempt for the law. Like when a sitting president sold arms to a enemy country in direct violation of Congress in exchange for hostages. The conservatives were just up in arms over that so much so that they wanted to impeach their own sitting president. Yea right.

If Obama violated the law, then prove it and kick him out of office. Be sure you hold your own guys to the same standard though, you would not want to appear hypocritical would you?

Reactions: 1 person
I did a search and I cannot find anything referencing a contempt citation issued by the judge. I found info indicating he was p!ssed. But no actual order of contempt. But hey, why let facts get in the way.

I wonder f I can try what other have done by pointing out someone else's contempt for the law. Like when a sitting president sold arms to a enemy country in direct violation of Congress in exchange for hostages. The conservatives were just up in arms over that so much so that they wanted to impeach their own sitting president. Yea right.

If Obama violated the law, then prove it and kick him out of office. Be sure you hold your own guys to the same standard though, you would not want to appear hypocritical would you?
FYI, if you ignore a court order, you are in contempt. Maybe you should ask our resident wanna be attorney techie. He should know, but then again...probably not. B)

Reactions: 4 people
Only 240,000 idiots posting links on this subject.

Maybe there is hope for America.

Bloomberg

“President Obama claims to have lifted the Gulf moratorium, yet not a single deepwater permit has been issued in nine months,” Jim Adams, the association’s president, said in a release after the ruling. “As a result, thousands of workers are out of jobs, Americans are paying more for gasoline and heating oil, and our nation is becoming even more dependent on unstable nations for our energy needs.”

Reading is FUNdamental... DOH!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: 3 people
Google "Obama found in contempt of court"

About 240,000 results (0.32 seconds)... DOH!

B)

Google "Aliens on earth"

9.6 million results in .15 seconds. What's your point?
"Such dismissive conduct, viewed in tandem with the reimposition of a second blanket and substantively identical moratorium and in light of the national importance of this case, provide this Court with clear and convincing evidence of the government’s contempt of this Court’s preliminary injunction order."

This is not contempt of court. If it was, he would have held the admin in contempt which he did not.

Reactions: 1 person
Google "Aliens on earth"

9.6 million results in .15 seconds. What's your point?

This is not contempt of court. If it was, he would have held the admin in contempt which he did not.
Looks like the judge says otherwise.

Reactions: 5 people
Obama is everywhere.

Committing all sorts of illegal acts.

He must be superhuman.

In the 'minds' of subhumans who try so hard to find any crime.

Reactions: 2 people