Obama on Leno

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
I think it’s a great idea for President Obama to go on The Tonight Show. I wish President Bush would have done it as well. The irony of course is that President Obama is proving himself to be the empty suit, inexperienced, clueless, promise-breaker that Republicans painted him as during the 2008 campaign. To prove this continually confirmed allegation incorrect, the President will go on pop TV to show he’s more than a pop star. Now, will he talk about the rush-to-vote stimulus bill that doesn’t stimulate the economy for a year or two (if at all), and how that rush-to-vote broke his campaign promise not to rush, how it caused the AIG bonus loophole to go unnoticed by even the Dem Senator who put it in? Will the Pop-President talk about the Iranian satellite flying overhead, about his timeline to resolve the Iranian nuclear issue? Will he talk about how he’s spent (as of yesterday) 3 trillion dollars in 60 days, and explain why that hasn’t stopped the economy from freefall?

OR, will he talk about life in the White House, the food, give some empty rhetoric about the economy (â€￾I get itâ€￾ as he sucks down endless supply of caviar and Kobe beef)?

I do have one question though:
Why go on Leno instead of addressing the nation like non-pop-Presidents?

I do not like the idea of any head of state, or potential head of state going on a talk show. I did not like it when Clinton was on playing the sax. I did not like McCain on the Letterman show ...etc. It is unprofessional, and IMO unseemly. They are heads of state and civil servants not celebrities and it's about time we start treating them as such.

I do not like the idea of any head of state, or potential head of state going on a talk show. I did not like it when Clinton was on playing the sax. I did not like McCain on the Letterman show ...etc. It is unprofessional, and IMO unseemly. They are heads of state and civil servants not celebrities and it's about time we start treating them as such.

Amen!

ps me no pretty today? :unsure:

This is great for the US. I can see it now, Barack sitting across the table in talks with Achmidinawackjob and Achmidinawackjob says " hey I saw you on Leno, you pretty funny guy,not so serious like other presidents. Now let's talked about what we want to do to Isreal. Can I borrow some plutonium?"

Will the Pop-President talk about the Iranian satellite flying overhead, about his timeline to resolve the Iranian nuclear issue? Will he talk about how he’s spent (as of yesterday) 3 trillion dollars in 60 days, and explain why that hasn’t stopped the economy from freefall?

OR, will he talk about life in the White House, the food, give some empty rhetoric about the economy (â€￾I get itâ€￾ as he sucks down endless supply of caviar and Kobe beef)?

Maybe he'll defend Duke as his pick on his bracket? That he even filled one out seems to be the "outrage du jour" amongst the right wing.

actually he picked UNC not Duke and for the record makes no difference if he filled one or not

Leno should ask if he's got some ash trays yet in the white house...lol

Maybe he'll defend Duke as his pick on his bracket? That he even filled one out seems to be the "outrage du jour" amongst the right wing.

Unfortunately, spending a few minutes filling out your bracket is not on the pre-approved list of non-work activites. Clearing shrub from a Texas ranch, however, is appropriate.

The Leno thing is odd to me.

actually he picked UNC not Duke and for the record makes no difference if he filled one or not

Leno should ask if he's got some ash trays yet in the white house...lol

Oops... Sorry 'bout that; I was listening to Grant Hill talk about Duke's chances when I was posting.

He shoulda gone with Wake as his "realistic" pick, and Portland State as his "Cinderella story" pick.

And you're right that it makes no difference that he filled one out; that's what makes some of the people expressing outrage sound so foolish.

Oops... Sorry 'bout that; I was listening to Grant Hill talk about Duke's chances when I was posting.

He shoulda gone with Wake as his "realistic" pick, and Portland State as his "Cinderella story" pick.

And you're right that it makes no difference that he filled one out; that's what makes some of the people expressing outrage sound so foolish.
You mean like the outrage shown by Obama and his adminstration for AIG' bonus' at the same time responsible for allowing them to happen at the same time? That kind of ridiculous outrage? :blink:

Way to go Obama! :down:

President Obama Jokes About Being a Bad Bowler: 'It's Like the Special Olympics'
The first appearance by a sitting president on "The Tonight Show" may well end up being the last.

President Obama, in his taping with Jay Leno Thursday afternoon, attempted to yuk it up with the funnyman, and ended up insulting the disabled.

Towards the end of his approximately 40-minute appearance, the president talked about how he's gotten better at bowling and has been practicing in the White House bowling alley.

He bowled a 129, the president said.

"That's very good, Mr. President," Leno said sarcastically.

It's "like the Special Olympics or something," the president said.

You mean like the outrage shown by Obama and his adminstration for AIG' bonus' at the same time responsible for allowing them to happen at the same time? That kind of ridiculous outrage? :blink:

While I agree that AIG is a train wreck, did you happen to hear what he said at a town hall the other night? I'm (poorly) paraphrasing, but he basically said that both sides needed to stop finger pointing in order to move forward, and that if they needed someone to blame to do so, then they could blame him.

I know your response will be "he *is* to blame," so save the bandwidth. What I think is interesting is his response; when did you ever hear Bush say something like that?