Obama’s redistributionism

Tug McGroin

Senior
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
On a recent campaign stop in northeast Ohio, Obama fielded a few questions from a plumber. Want to hear a redistributionist explain his policy?

Obama Tells Over-Taxed Plumber That He Wants More Taxes to Redistribute Wealth

Plumber to Obama: “Your new tax plan is going to tax me more. Isn’t it?â€

Obama: “It’s not that I want to punish your success, I just want to make sure that everybody that is behind you, that they have a chance for success too. I think that when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.â€
It really doesn’t get any clearer than this, although a close look at Obama’s tax policy makes it almost as obvious. He doesn’t want to penalize your success! He just wants to take a big chunk of it and give it away to people he likes better.

Given Barack Obama’s relentless populism this cycle, the Wall Street Journal analysis (see graph "Obama's Tax Increases) of his tax cuts should surprise no one. They find that Obama relies less on actual cuts in tax rates and more in specific “refundablesâ€, grants that filers receive whether they have a tax liability or not. Instead of reducing taxes, Obama makes his redistributionism explicit:

One of Barack Obama’s most potent campaign claims is that he’ll cut taxes for no less than 95% of “working families.†He’s even promising to cut taxes enough that the government’s tax share of GDP will be no more than 18.2% — which is lower than it is today.

It’s a clever pitch, because it lets him pose as a middle-class tax cutter while disguising that he’s also proposing one of the largest tax increases ever on the other 5%. But how does he conjure this miracle, especially since more than a third of all Americans already pay no income taxes at all? There are several sleights of hand, but the most creative is to redefine the meaning of “tax cut.â€

For the Obama Democrats, a tax cut is no longer letting you keep more of what you earn. In their lexicon, a tax cut includes tens of billions of dollars in government handouts that are disguised by the phrase “tax credit.†Mr. Obama is proposing to create or expand no fewer than seven such credits for individuals.

The last thing this economy needs is a flight of capital. We need that money invested in America to create jobs, not hidden away from an aggressively redistributionist federal government. We should be reducing taxes, but not giving more money to people who don’t pay any at all.

You keep "tub thumping" about........"We need that money, invested in America, to create jobs" (aka the Bush tax Cuts), but the so called new jobs never materialized.."in America" !

They materialized "out side of America"(Outsourced)
Your position lacks credibility !!

To put it simply, Nobama's campaign is about "Wealth Envy" !

Take from the people who have earned it and give it to the people who won't get off their ### and get it ! :shock:

New Nobama platform......................" An Xbox in every house " !

You're 100% right. Warren Buffett should be paying a lower percentage of tax than I do.

Gosh darn why should elitists like John and Cindy McCain pay higher taxes, after all while more and more americans keep losing their homes and move into their cars they can all rest assured that the McCains with their 8 properties are creating new jobs in the form of household help <_<

Seems to me that wealth redistribution has been going on in this country for quite some time. The middle class seems to be getting poorer and the rich seem to be getting richer (at least from things I have read). When the rich start to pay their fair share, perhaps things will turn around.

Seems to me that wealth redistribution has been going on in this country for quite some time. The middle class seems to be getting poorer and the rich seem to be getting richer (at least from things I have read). When the rich start to pay their fair share, perhaps things will turn around.

You forgot to add that the Earth is flat and the moon is made of cheese.

On a recent campaign stop in northeast Ohio, Obama fielded a few questions from a plumber. Want to hear a redistributionist explain his policy?

It really doesn’t get any clearer than this, although a close look at Obama’s tax policy makes it almost as obvious. He doesn’t want to penalize your success! He just wants to take a big chunk of it and give it away to people he likes better.

Given Barack Obama’s relentless populism this cycle, the Wall Street Journal analysis (see graph "Obama's Tax Increases) of his tax cuts should surprise no one. They find that Obama relies less on actual cuts in tax rates and more in specific “refundablesâ€, grants that filers receive whether they have a tax liability or not. Instead of reducing taxes, Obama makes his redistributionism explicit:

One of Barack Obama’s most potent campaign claims is that he’ll cut taxes for no less than 95% of “working families.†He’s even promising to cut taxes enough that the government’s tax share of GDP will be no more than 18.2% — which is lower than it is today.

It’s a clever pitch, because it lets him pose as a middle-class tax cutter while disguising that he’s also proposing one of the largest tax increases ever on the other 5%. But how does he conjure this miracle, especially since more than a third of all Americans already pay no income taxes at all? There are several sleights of hand, but the most creative is to redefine the meaning of “tax cut.â€

For the Obama Democrats, a tax cut is no longer letting you keep more of what you earn. In their lexicon, a tax cut includes tens of billions of dollars in government handouts that are disguised by the phrase “tax credit.†Mr. Obama is proposing to create or expand no fewer than seven such credits for individuals.

The last thing this economy needs is a flight of capital. We need that money invested in America to create jobs, not hidden away from an aggressively redistributionist federal government. We should be reducing taxes, but not giving more money to people who don’t pay any at all.

Desperate liars...will make up ANY kind of propaganda to work their forked tongue.

I guess you are in that crowd making over $250,000 a year. THAT crowd sure wasn't too worried about taxes when the cash was flowing their way. Twisted lies just drives MORE voters to Obama!!!!

Keep up the good work, the Obama camp should put you on the payroll!

Desperate liars...will make up ANY kind of propaganda to work their forked tongue.

I guess you are in that crowd making over $250,000 a year. THAT crowd sure wasn't too worried about taxes when the cash was flowing their way. Twisted lies just drives MORE voters to Obama!!!!

Keep up the good work, the Obama camp should put you on the payroll!

Hate to break the news to ya' NXNW.....................but the majority of people making over $250,000 a year, are small business owners and when Nobama decries " You will give me your money and like it ! ", what do you think will happen ?

We'll , if I'm one of these small business owners, the first thing I do is make sure that my income stays the same, I mean it IS my company that I built from the ground up, and I will use 1 of 2 methods, maybe even both.

1. Impose wage cuts on my employees !
2. Fire said employees !

So much for Nobama and his " Jobs for everyone" ! :shock:

Hate to break the news to ya' NXNW.....................but the majority of people making over $250,000 a year, are small business owners and when Nobama decries " You will give me your money and like it ! ", what do you think will happen ?

We'll , if I'm one of these small business owners, the first thing I do is make sure that my income stays the same, I mean it IS my company that I built from the ground up, and I will use 1 of 2 methods, maybe even both.

1. Impose wage cuts on my employees !
2. Fire said employees !

So much for Nobama and his " Jobs for everyone" ! :shock:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah, but YOU forgot that just Yesterday Barack proposed that small business owners..who ADD employees will get a tax Incentive.

Very good plan I think.
Call it "carrot and stick " approach if you like, but it's "EONS" better than what McSame has proposed, and "Multi-EONS" better than what "W" has done.

Ps,

Speaking of...."W",................"W" is coming to a theater near you this Friday. :blink: :blink:

Wanna' bet a lot of GOPers pay to see it ??? :up: :up: :up:

Rob from the rich and give to the poor? Sounds good to me. They've been robbing us of our labor for decades.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah, but YOU forgot that just Yesterday Barack proposed that small business owners..who ADD employees will get a tax Incentive.

Very good plan I think.
Call it "carrot and stick " approach if you like, but it's "EONS" better than what McSame has proposed, and "Multi-EONS" better than what "W" has done.

Ps,

Speaking of...."W",................"W" is coming to a theater near you this Friday. :blink: :blink:

Wanna' bet a lot of GOPers pay to see it ??? :up: :up: :up:

Nah...........I think I'll spend my money on this one ! http://www.americancarol.com/

A little more truth to it ! :shock:

Nah...........I think I'll spend my money on this one ! http://www.americancarol.com/

A little more truth to it ! :shock:

Here's some truth for ya...from TOP Republicans...

"
Matthew Dowd, a prominent political consultant and chief strategist for George W. Bush's reelection campaign eviscerated John McCain on Tuesday for his choice of Sarah Palin as vice president. Dowd proclaimed that, in his heart of hearts, McCain knew he put the country at risk with his VP choice and that he would "have to live" with that fact for the rest of his career. "They didn't let John McCain pick the person he wanted to pick as VP," Dowd declared during the Time Warner Summit panel. "When Sarah Palin got picked instead of Joe Lieberman, which I fundamentally believed would have given John McCain the best opportunity in this race... as soon as he picked Palin, that whole ready versus not ready argument was not credible." Saying that Palin was a "net negative" on the ticket, he went on: "McCain knows, in his gut, that he put somebody unqualified on the ballot. He knows that in his gut, and when this race is over that is something he will have to live with... He put somebody unqualified on that ballot and he put the country at risk, he knows that." The other panelists were surprised, a bit, by Dowd's bluntness. Not least because McCain's well-known campaign motto is "country first." "No, I don't agree," said Mark McKinnon, a former McCain aide, after chiding Dowd for claiming particular insight into McCain's soul. "Well," responded Dowd, "that's even more disturbing than my thought" -- the implication being that it would be truly frightening if McCain didn't know how bad Palin truly was. Time columnist Joe Klein summed up what seemed to be the panel's Palin consensus. "It was a gimmick," he said of the pick. "It was one of the most disastrous decisions I have seen in a presidential campaign since I've begun covering them." Later in the session, Hilary Rosen, the Huffington Post's Washington editor at large, noted that the Palin pick had been successful in energizing the Republican base -- and McCain himself. But Dowd wasn't biting. "To me it is like Halloween," he said. "You get energized by eating all that candy at night but then you feel sick the next day."

(lifted from Politico)

Personally....I am grateful that Senator McCain picked Ms. Dimwit, he handed the election to Obama! :up:

You keep "tub thumping" about........"We need that money, invested in America, to create jobs" (aka the Bush tax Cuts), but the so called new jobs never materialized.."in America" !

They materialized "out side of America"(Outsourced)
Your position lacks credibility !!

Amen brother!!! We were told 8 years ago (in peacetime) that these tax cuts would "create jobs". Then we went to war...and didn't have money to pay for it. We didn't have money to buy troops body armor. We didn't have money to fortify their Humvees. But we didn't want to raise taxes because now, more than ever, we needed that "job creation". Meanwhile, over the next 7 years, we've had zero job growth...and a slew of job losses. I don't know how long we are supposed to give these tax cuts for all those jobs to be created.

I tend to agree with Obama...rebuild the infrastructure and create jobs where people can actually build it and they get paid and they pay taxes and they buy things. Here is a better description of a jobs program than I could ever do It starts at the 1:50 in the video.

Well it seems that American business can't screw enough people out of their labor, so in the interest of humans being able to feed themselves... why not ?

You know, Rob from the rich and give to the poor ? With one exception,let's take it from the billionaires and millionaire ceo's that stole it from working class people.