Obama's Faith

Oct 30, 2006
Posted this in another thread, but is probably better in its own topic.

It is only a matter of time before someone else posted it... so I thought i would take the wind out of your sails. And I will even post your quote for you: Obama discusses his "muslim faith."

But, to be certain, be sure not to look at the context.

Posted this in another thread, but is probably better in its own topic.

It is only a matter of time before someone else posted it... so I thought i would take the wind out of your sails. And I will even post your quote for you: Obama discusses his "muslim faith."

But, to be certain, be sure not to look at the context.

Nice edit job. I guess watching the entire interview is out of the question.

Nice edit job. I guess watching the entire interview is out of the question.

No tech, not at all.

It’s a good thing George Steohanopoulos stepped in and corrected him! In order to get the full context of the discussion, you can go to http://abcnews.go.com/thisweek . Under the column titled “This Weekâ€￾, look for the video titled “Watch: Obama Answers Your Questions: the Economy, Palin and Party. After watching a 30 second commercial, find the video titled “Obama: McCain Has Suggested I Am Muslim." The discussion begins at the -4:10 mark.

I tried, and failed to get a direct link to the video.

Have fun.

Barack Obama is a Muslim like Bill Clinton is a Christian. These are Godless individuals whose spirituality, to them, is a means for personal advancement. It has nothing to do with personal convictions or beliefs. Barack Obama believes in himself and himself alone. I have reason to believe the same holds true for McCain as well.

Electing someone who could even remotely be associated with Islam, a religion that makes it goal the elimination of our way of life, is outrageous.

Barack Obama is a Muslim like Bill Clinton is a Christian. These are Godless individuals whose spirituality, to them, is a means for personal advancement. It has nothing to do with personal convictions or beliefs. Barack Obama believes in himself and himself alone. I have reason to believe the same holds true for McCain as well.

Electing someone who could even remotely be associated with Islam, a religion that makes it goal the elimination of our way of life, is outrageous.

Don't forget....he's very black too.....

I saw the interview and here is the context. They were talking about the accusations by bloggers that Obama was Muslim. Obama, got a little long winded in one of his answers and lost his train of thought and said "my Muslim faith" when he meant to say my Christain faith.

Personally, I think religion should be left out of politics as our founding fathers intended.

Twelve years of a republican congress and eight years of a republican president and our morals have not changed one iota. But we became poorer, homeless, banctrupt, less accountable for our actions and unemployed for the extreme right's pipe dream.

You don't know how angry that statement made me.

I live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

My brother & I grew up in the shadows of the WTC and were among the first to the top during it's opening days.

If you really want to live in a place were everything you communicate is reviewed and people are afraid of each other, may I suggest you move to the USSR?

Funny.....sure sounds like the Media's Presidential/Political review process to me.

Well, there you have it. The who cares what the media does?

Our founding fathers gave us freedom of the press, freedom of speech and the freedom to pursue happiness.

We can choose to ignore the former two in order to achieve the latter.

The most patriotic thing you and I can do is filter 99% of what the media says, 99% of campaign ads and realize that past candidate's performance is no indication of future performance and research each candidates' campaign platform.

As Richard Reeves wrote, " The Presidency is an act of faith by the American people".

The most patriotic thing you and I can do is . . . realize that past candidate's performance is no indication of future performance . . . .

This is a joke right??? Am I misreading this? I STRONGLY believe that a candidate's past performance is an indication of future performance! And beyond that, you consider it "the most patriotic thing" to essentially ignore candidates' past performance? Without questioning your patriotism, I will offer that you and I differ wildly on what we consider patriotic.

Well, there you have it. The who cares what the media does?

I think you need to rethink this......actually it is "What can the media

find in someones closet to derail their intentions".

And this is the American way you are so proud of?

It matters very dearly what a candidates past associations are,what their personal affiliations

were,who paid their way and so on......are they muslim,err I mean Christian.....

I'm telling you brother, I don't pay attention to the media hype or the candidates' spin machine. I look at how they use their judgement in every crises that crops up between now and election day and determine how I feel about the way they handled it.

How did Obama handle his preacher's comments?

How did McCain handle is Chief Economist's comments?

I read their campaign websites critically. I listen to what they say at the conventions critically and I listen to what they say during the debates critically. That is all I have to go on.

Only feeble minded people get worked up about what "the media" is saying and accept the B.S. that is being spoon fed to them. And only cowards will promote unfiltered B.S.