Obama's secret assassins

Anybody notice this:

Judge Overrules Censors in Guantánamo 9/11 Hearing

During the censored portion, according to the transcript, David Nevin, a defense lawyer, was discussing whether arguments over a motion “will turn out to be closed or secret” regarding the preservation of evidence “at a detention facility,” an issue he said was “a critical matter to Mr. Mohammed” and “central to the case as far as he is concerned.”
The lawyers then became aware that a red light had gone on, indicating that the courtroom had been closed. But the button in the courtroom had not been hit by the only previously known censor, a security officer who sits near the judge, Col. James Pohl of the Army.
Mr. Nevin was apparently referring to the Central Intelligence Agency’s secret prisons in countries like Romania and Thailand where the agency once held the Sept. 11 defendants; the defense plans to argue that its clients should be spared execution because the C.I.A. tortured them. But Mr. Nevin did not mention such details, and his motion “to preserve evidence at any existing detention facility” was unclassified, Colonel Pohl said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/31/us/politics/transcript-of-guantanamo-hearing-points-to-outside-censors.html?_r=0

That compound in Benghazi was a CIA lockup also.....remember the chick who was banging Petraeus? She let that out of the bag during a speech.

Broadwell confirmed the reports on Fox News that the CIA annex asked for a special unit, the Commander in Chief’s In Extremis Force, to come and assist it. She also said that the force could indeed have reinforced the consulate, and that Petraeus knew all of this, but was not allowed to talk to the press because of his position in the CIA.

“The challenge has been the fog of war, and the greater challenge is that it’s political hunting season, and so this whole thing has been turned into a very political sort of arena, if you will,” she said. “The fact that came out today is that the ground forces there at the CIA annex, which is different from the consulate, were requesting reinforcements.
“They were requesting the – it’s called the C-in-C’s In Extremis Force – a group of Delta Force operators, our very, most talented guys we have in the military. They could have come and reinforced the consulate and the CIA annex. Now, I don’t know if a lot of you have heard this but the CIA annex had actually taken a couple of Libyan militia members prisoner, and they think that the attack on the consulate was an attempt to get these prisoners back. It’s still being vetted.
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/11/12/paula-broadwell-revealed-secret-benghazi-prison-video/

So let me get this straight. Obama has a secret list that you and the Guardian know about and he has a clandestine net work that you and the Guardian know about and there are secret laws that you and the Guardian know about.

First the obvious question. If they are secret how do you and the Guardian know about it? Given your previous two threads that you started with bogus sources and information I am not sure I even want to waste my time looking at this story.

Do you have any sources that are a bit more credible than the Guardian such as may be FOX new or something?

Reactions: 2 people
Obama argues his assassination program is a “state secret”

At this point, I didn’t believe it was possible, but the Obama administration has just reached an all-new low in its abysmal civil liberties record. In response to the lawsuit filed by Anwar Awlaki’s father asking a court to enjoin the President from assassinating his son, a U.S. citizen, without any due process, the administration late last night, according to The Washington Post, filed a brief asking the court to dismiss the lawsuit without hearing the merits of the claims. That’s not surprising: both the Bush and Obama administrations have repeatedly insisted that their secret conduct is legal but nonetheless urge courts not to even rule on its legality. But what’s most notable here is that one of the arguments the Obama DOJ raises to demand dismissal of this lawsuit is “state secrets”: in other words, not only does the President have the right to sentence Americans to death with no due process or charges of any kind, but his decisions as to who will be killed and why he wants them dead are “state secrets,” and thus no court may adjudicate their legality.

If the President has the power to order American citizens killed with no due process, and to do so in such complete secrecy that no courts can even review his decisions, then what doesn’t he have the power to do?

And now, in this case, Obama uses this secrecy and immunity weapon not to shield Bush lawlessness from judicial review, but his own.
http://www.salon.com/2010/09/25/secrecy_7/

http://www.mediaroots.org/mr-original-obama-evokes-state-secrets.php

Anybody notice this:
Wow, nice find about the CIA prisons in Eastern Europe!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/01/AR2005110101644.html

"CIA Holds Terror Suspects in Secret Prisons

By Dana Priest
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, November 2, 2005
The CIA has been hiding and interrogating some of its most important al Qaeda captives at a Soviet-era compound in Eastern Europe, according to U.S. and foreign officials familiar with the arrangement.

The secret facility is part of a covert prison system set up by the CIA nearly four years ago that at various times has included sites in eight countries, including Thailand, Afghanistan and several democracies in Eastern Europe, as well as a small center at the Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba, according to current and former intelligence officials and diplomats from three continents.

The hidden global internment network is a central element in the CIA's unconventional war on terrorism. It depends on the cooperation of foreign intelligence services, and on keeping even basic information about the system secret from the public, foreign officials and nearly all members of Congress charged with overseeing the CIA's covert actions.

The existence and locations of the facilities -- referred to as "black sites" in classified White House, CIA, Justice Department and congressional documents -- are known to only a handful of officials in the United States and, usually, only to the president and a few top intelligence officers in each host country.

The CIA and the White House, citing national security concerns and the value of the program, have dissuaded Congress from demanding that the agency answer questions in open testimony about the conditions under which captives are held. Virtually nothing is known about who is kept in the facilities, what interrogation methods are employed with them, or how decisions are made about whether they should be detained or for how long."

There have been secret CIA prisons for a long time. (Look at the date of the article)

Now you are arguing that Obama is a hawk, keeping terrorists imprisoned around the world as if that is a bad thing.

Then next you will be arguing about how he is a pacifist and weak and wants to take your guns while he sends a death panel to your granny's house after spying on and targeting her with a drone. Did I miss anything?

It matters not what he does. You will find something offensive about it.

OK, let me pretend to be a liberal here !

"FEAR MONGER!"

Ha Ha ha!

Acually, this liberal has this tune playing playing in my head and Im sure Im not the only one:

http://www.musictory.com/music/The+Kinks/Destroyer

or if you like to read:

met a girl called lola and i took her back to my place
feelin' guilty, feelin' scared, hidden cameras everywhere
stop! hold on. stay in control

girl, i want, you here with me
but i'm really not as cool as i'd like to be
'cause there's a red, under my bed
and there's a little yellow man in my head
and there's a true, blue, inside of me
that keeps stoppin' me, touchin' ya, watchin' ya, lovin' ya

paranoia, need destroyer. paranoia, they destroy ya'

well i fell asleep, then i woke feelin' kinda' queer
lola looked at me and said ooh you look so weird
she said man, there's really something wrong with you
one day you're gonna' self-destruct
you're up, get down, i'll come work you out
you get a good thing goin' then you blow yourself out

silly boy ya' self-destroyer. silly boy ya' self-destroyer

silly boy you got so much to live for
so much to aim for, so much to try for
you blow it all with, paranoia
you're so insecure you, self-destroyer

(and it goes like this, here it goes) paranoia, they destroy ya
(here it goes again) paranoia, they destroy ya

dr. dr. help her please i know you'll understand
there's a time device inside of me i'm a self-destructin' man
there's a red, under my bed
and there's a little green man in my head
and said you're not goin' crazy, you're just a bit sad
'cause there's a man in ya, knawin' ya, tearin' ya, in to to

silly boy ya' self-destroyer. paranoia, they destroy ya'

self-destroyer, wreck your health
destroy friends, destroy yourself
the time device of, self-destruction
lies, confusion, start eruption

(yea, it goes like this, here it goes) paranoia, they destroy ya
(here's to paranoia) paranoia, they destroy ya
(hey hey, here it goes) paranoia, they destroy ya
(and it goes like this)

paranoia, they destroy ya
(and it goes like this)

What I find amazing is that our friends on the right have a concern for their Muslim brothers.

I think all the 'bad interrogation' still going on in 'other' CIA prisons in secret.

Somebody shut Petraeus' squeeze up pretty quick.

Its not concerns for our Muslim brothers, just something called transparency.

Should my first post here be about politics? I suppose. Hi everyone!

All I'll say is that it's hard to expect a president to eliminate America's enemies when you simultaneously condemn the extent to which he eliminates them. People want to be safe from terror, but they don't want people to die, they don't want people going to Guantanamo. I'm a liberal, so we'll get that out in the open. I find the notion of a kill list reprehensible, and I won't attempt to justify it. All I'm saying is that conservatives blast Obama for being too soft on the Middle East, but then they're outraged when he kills terrorists. You can't really have it both ways.

Southwind, Barack only has one R. And I'll be a conservative for a second: The government/terrorists/poor people are coming to get me!

Should my first post here be about politics? I suppose. Hi everyone!

All I'll say is that it's hard to expect a president to eliminate America's enemies when you simultaneously condemn the extent to which he eliminates them. People want to be safe from terror, but they don't want people to die, they don't want people going to Guantanamo. I'm a liberal, so we'll get that out in the open. I find the notion of a kill list reprehensible, and I won't attempt to justify it. All I'm saying is that conservatives blast Obama for being too soft on the Middle East, but then they're outraged when he kills terrorists. You can't really have it both ways.

Southwind, Barack only has one R. And I'll be a conservative for a second: The government/terrorists/poor people are coming to get me!

NIce first post there buffs...

Hopefully not sarcasm. I just registered and that was the first post I saw, so I figured I'd jump in.

No...not sarcastic...serious as a heart attack. Our right wing friends feel that Obama is a closet Muslim terrorist bent on overseeing the demise of America. Then he orders the Seals to take out bin laden and is chastised for "taking too much credit". I dunno....it didn't seem as bad as strutting across an aircraft carrier deck with a helmet under his arm and a codpiece in his pants to announce that it was "mission accomplished".....several years too early. They didn't seem to mind "shock and awe" killing and maiming women and children when we were on our quest to find those nukes that Saddam had, but bemoan drone attacks for killing innocent kids.

Reactions: 6 people

Latest posts