Off Tangent Post from "Challenges ahead mean US Airways honeymoon over"

700IAM

Veteran
Aug 30, 2006
The honeymoon was only limited to the Senior Execs and Investors who saw the stock soar.

Personally, the airline business is like the auto business, for labor...Corporate doesn't care about customer service or product, and places no value on its front line workers who make "it happen".

Its a terrible time for America today, and the world. Enormous amount of world anger, So much chaos, and discontent and greed "run a muck".

Folks are sick of struggling, not able to make ends meet, credit problems, health issues, as well as family problems that are associated. The job uncertainty is ever more prevalent as education is sky rocketing, good paying jobs are scarce, illegal immigration issues and roller/coaster fuel prices that put pressure on the overall economy and disposable income... with our taxes trying to support a war on terror, a war raging in Iraq, a war in Afganastan, a war on world religions, more border security. The American citizens are walking a fine line between sanity and insanity.

I'm only citing an observation. When your children, who never took notice of world events or politics before, start talking about Corporate greed, necessary profiling, religeous fantacism, and those around the world who criticize the pope for the love of god and start burning down churches with no denouncement in this country for those actions by the muslims...it serious business and an awakening.

Time to rise up.

Your observations are accurate.

This is a time in history where even the blind can see the work of darkness.

Night Vision

Astronomers know that there is really no such thing as total darkness. It may seem dark when one first goes out from a lighted room, but after 15 or 20 minutes "dark adaption," in which the pupils of the eyes open to their maximum, allows one to see quite well. It's the same natural process by which people often run into things when first entering a darkened movie theater before the movie starts, but after a few minutes they can see well enough to not be running into things or each other.

People who honestly study and appreciate the Bible also know that there is no such thing as total spiritual darkness because the Word of God serves as "dark adaption" in a world that is still pretty much in the dark when it comes to understanding the Gospel. God's people may also still bump into things and each other, but they (at least should) do so far less than those whose eyes are closed even when they're open.

"For Thou wilt light my candle: The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness." (Psalm 18:28 KJV)

"Praise ye The Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth The Lord, that delighteth greatly in His commandments ... Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness." (Psalm 112:1,4 KJV)

"Yea, the darkness hideth not from Thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to Thee." (Psalm 139:12 KJV)

"then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noon day." (Isaiah 58:10 KJV)

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me." (Acts 26:18 KJV)

"The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light." (Romans 13:12 KJV)

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." (2 Corinthians 4:6 KJV)

...the Word of God serves as "dark adaption" in a world that is still pretty much in the dark when it comes to understanding the Gospel. God's people may also still bump into things and each other, but they (at least should) do so far less than those whose eyes are closed even when they're open.
That's all good and well if you a.) believe in God and b.) believe that God spoke through the Holy Bible. Let's keep the religion out of this one, eh?

That's all good and well if you a.) believe in God and b.) believe that God spoke through the Holy Bible. Let's keep the religion out of this one, eh?

If you can agree to keep religion out of the Republican party and off of the Republican Agenda, the I think most of the posters here would agree to keep it off of this thread. The problem is, it's a very big "IF."

Most, including just about everyone reading this believe people like myself seriously insane, and why not? A person who sees what others can't is considered legally insane.

Spiritually speaking, truth has a way of making people extremely upset. Not believing the Bible, God’s living word won't make it's truth irrelevant.

One day you will wake up and the USA cities will be burning, no longer will Paris Hilton matter, or will Nancy Grace be listened to, but instead morons like myself will have the stage and everyone will be looking on in total silence while hanging on every word realizing that they were blind, but now that they are scared senseless, they want to see.

Muslims have been asked to leave the USA, ask yourself, why. . . . You won't find that info on CNN, but it's reality.

Wake Up

If you can agree to keep religion out of the Republican party and off of the Republican Agenda, the I think most of the posters here would agree to keep it off of this thread. The problem is, it's a very big "IF."

Couldn't agree more! Republican right wingers try very hard to mingle religion and state and jam their conscious,their guilt, their morals down everyones throat for the sake of their views of christianity. They don't go around killing people (yet) but as a group its certainly has the apprearance of being autocrat.

Problem with the muslim religion that I can observe is that their religion has not evolved. I think they need another 500 years where they will "see the light" if you will and learn the hard way (as the christians did during those 100 years after Christ) and during the christian crusades, that a country must keep SEPARATE church and state!

The Christian religion is about 600 years older than Islam, even though most of the world population are muslims. Mohammad lived around the 7th century A.D. Christianity has evolved, though it took about 2,000 years. The faithful are more civilized than when the first church of christians 100 A.D. The first 1600 years was a tumultuous time and blood shed. Islam still needs its faithful to evolve as a religion. Many of the middle eastern countries have an autocrat government.

I'm not a very religous person. My faith is in the goodness of mankind inspired by a loving, merciful, forgiving, and infinite god.

This is a Hijacked topic which I didn't start.

This really hit a nerve to be hijacked like that, powerful effect the truth has on the lost.

Maybe a FEW will actually wake up.

Maybe this Mad man is your God?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060919/ap_on_...ea/muslims_pope

An Apology Is Nothing To Be Sorry About
"For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it, though I did regret it, for I see that that letter grieved you, though only for a while. As it is, I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because you were grieved into repenting; for you felt a Godly grief, so that you suffered no loss through us. For Godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation and brings no regret, but worldly grief produces death." (2 Corinthians 7:8-10 RSV)

I certainly didn't hijack this thread.

I just made my views clear that U employees were not part of the "honeymoon". And, I gave specifics on why and how the employees have been effected by the stress that, IMO, commenced after 9/11. I just broadened the issue and brought in how that stress has been compounded by world hate and exclusion that is out of control.

Couldn't agree more! Republican right wingers try very hard to mingle religion and state and jam their conscious,their guilt, their morals down everyones throat for the sake of their views of christianity.

While the constitution provides for seperating church and state, it's virtually impossible for anyone with religious views and also in a political position to NOT think in terms of their beliefs when it comes to enacting laws. And if a majority of those people are in control of the legislative process, it blurs those lines further.

But on the other hand, those elected officials must weigh their beliefs with that founding principle. It's not just the republicans, by the way, who try to "jam their conscious....morals down everyones throat". That blame can be shared across both parties.

Exactly!! Some people in both parties are guilty of jamming their beliefs down the others throats but what I find amusing is if they're Republican then they automatically become "religous fanatics" but if they're Democrats they are labeled as "compassionate free thinkers".

Exactly!! Some people in both parties are guilty of jamming their beliefs down the others throats but what I find amusing is if they're Republican then they automatically become "religous fanatics" but if they're Democrats they are labeled as "compassionate free thinkers".
:up:

While the constitution provides for seperating church and state, it's virtually impossible for anyone with religious views and also in a political position to NOT think in terms of their beliefs when it comes to enacting laws.

This is exactly what the Constitution clearly prevents.

I find that these politicians who have these "religious views" are not "balanced", and NEVER get my vote.

The country, specifically the youth, are moving in the direction of a more liberal frame work. In the next decade, I expect to see major changes in policy and new platforms for future politicians.

In November, you will see how many Rebpublican encumbants get their azzes thrown out along with their mumbo jumbo ideaology.

This is exactly what the Constitution clearly prevents.

I find that these politicians who have these "religious views" are not "balanced", and NEVER get my vote.

The country, specifically the youth, are moving in the direction of a more liberal frame work. In the next decade, I expect to see major changes in policy and new platforms for future politicians.

In November, you will see how many Rebpublican encumbants get their azzes thrown out along with their mumbo jumbo ideaology.

Then you better buy one of these: Prayer Rug

:p

'PITbull' date='Sep 20 2006, 09:07 PM' I find that these politicians who have these "religious views" are not "balanced", and NEVER get my vote.
=======================================================
Balanced? Are the BALANCED you throw your allegiance to able to rein in A World of Peace and Truth? Or is that possible with only unbalanced politicians? The Left looks inward to his flawed self for answers, the Right has seen thru the darkness of self to future realities such as:

The Day After Christ's Return

The 1,000 year period between the return Of Jesus Christ with the first resurrection (Matthew 24:30, Zechariah 14:4, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17) and the second resurrection with the time of their Judgment (Revelation 20:5,11-15; has also become known as the Millennium, from the Latin word meaning "thousand years." It will be a very different world than has been allowed to run its course from ancient times to the present.

A World of Peace and Truth

Unlike now, when Satan is still free (although his time is running short) to run amok through the world, during the 1,000 years he will be imprisoned. No more lies, no more deception.

"Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years were ended. After that he must be loosed for a little while." (Revelation 20:1-3 RSV)

The King of kings will rule with Truth and Justice:

"It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of The Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be raised above the hills; and all the nations shall flow to it, and many peoples shall come, and say: "Come, let us go up to the mountain of The Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; that He may teach us His ways and that we may walk in His paths." For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of The Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more." (Isaiah 2:2-4 RSV)

The "first harvest" of salvation will then be spirit beings, after being resurrected from the dead, or instantly transformed if alive that day, and they will rule with Christ:
"Blessed and holy is he who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and they shall reign with Him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6 RSV)

There is coming another Exodus, a far larger one:

"He will raise an ensign for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth. The jealousy of Ephraim shall depart, and those who harass Judah shall be cut off; Ephraim shall not be jealous of Judah, and Judah shall not harass Ephraim." (Isaiah 11:12-13 RSV)

"For I will take you from the nations, and gather you from all the countries, and bring you into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. A new heart I will give you, and a new Spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes and be careful to observe my ordinances. You shall dwell in the land which I gave to your fathers; and you shall be My people, and I will be your God." (Ezekiel 36:24-28)

Nature itself will be transformed.

"The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall feed; their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The sucking child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the adder's den. They shall not hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of The Lord as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:6-9 RSV)

'PITbull' date='Sep 20 2006, 09:07 PM' I find that these politicians who have these "religious views" are not "balanced", and NEVER get my vote.
=======================================================
Balanced? Are the BALANCED you throw your allegiance to able to rein in A World of Peace and Truth? Or is that possible with only unbalanced politicians? The Left looks inward to his flawed self for answers, the Right has seen thru the darkness of self to future realities such as:

Yes. I have faith that the future will shift to a more peaceful balance if there is a change. I also emphatically believe that once Bush's term is up along with his administration, the U.S. will be viewed differently in the world. At that time, I think peace and reasonability of people can work towards peaceful goals. I not sure about "truth" in the context of "peace" through compromise. I don't believe peace is achieved in anything where this is an "imbalance", or slanted views that are self serving to a specific hidden agenda. When views are not balanced, it ususally means there is fear of losing power or significance.

The rest of your post needs translated in simple terms and how these proverbs relate to today's world. Don't want to enter "fantasy land"; just relationships to today.