Oh, you're a United customer? Well then, screw you!

mrtheferrett

Jan 11, 2013

If United Airlines (UAL) had a shred of interest in their customers this story would never have been told. As it stands I will be posting this everywhere I can think of. If I can stop one person from making the mistake of flying UAL it will be worth it.

Flying out of Chicago O'Hare to Washington Dulles on UAL on 1/11/13. Instead of putting my checked baggage on my plane it was put on another plane. I get it, mistakes happen. What happened next is where we discover that UAL has no interest in a customer after they have their money.

My bag arrived at Dulles at 6:00pm local per wheresmysuitcase.com and as of midnight local, my bag is still sitting in their warehouse. There is no way to contact these idiots and UAL refuses (that's right, refuses) to help. I'm told "we can't contact anyone at the warehouse", "we don't have any control over them", "it can take up to 6 hours to deliver" (it has been 6 plus hours already). Just the standard scripted lies that one would expect from a company like UAL.

So…UAL takes my money…contracts with another company…and then denies any responsibility for managing their contractor. All I got from the UAL customer service morons (including a freaking supervisor, named Ram) was how sorry they were and the only option I had was to sit in my hotel and hope the bag shows up.

I've been a business traveller for decades and hadn't flown "The hostile skies" for quite some time. Now I remember why.

i don't expect that UAL give a damn (big surprise) but I'll do what I can to pull business away from them.

I'm not interested (nor would I believe) any apologies. There is no excuse for UAL's behavior. I should be compensated for the time (as of this writing, 2 hours) I've wasted talking to your useless staff. However I imagine I'd get something utterly useless, like a flight credit, or some other thing.

​

I'm going to be posting this everywhere I can think of. Why? Because UAL thinks it's fine to take my money and screw me. I think UAL deserves to be treated in kind, don't you?

Reactions: 1 person
If United Airlines (UAL) had a shred of interest in their customers this story would never have been told. As it stands I will be posting this everywhere I can think of. If I can stop one person from making the mistake of flying UAL it will be worth it.

Flying out of Chicago O'Hare to Washington Dulles on UAL on 1/11/13. Instead of putting my checked baggage on my plane it was put on another plane. I get it, mistakes happen. What happened next is where we discover that UAL has no interest in a customer after they have their money.

My bag arrived at Dulles at 6:00pm local per wheresmysuitcase.com and as of midnight local, my bag is still sitting in their warehouse. There is no way to contact these idiots and UAL refuses (that's right, refuses) to help. I'm told "we can't contact anyone at the warehouse", "we don't have any control over them", "it can take up to 6 hours to deliver" (it has been 6 plus hours already). Just the standard scripted lies that one would expect from a company like UAL.

So…UAL takes my money…contracts with another company…and then denies any responsibility for managing their contractor. All I got from the UAL customer service morons (including a freaking supervisor, named Ram) was how sorry they were and the only option I had was to sit in my hotel and hope the bag shows up.
I've been a business traveller for decades and hadn't flown "The hostile skies" for quite some time. Now I remember why.

i don't expect that UAL give a damn (big surprise) but I'll do what I can to pull business away from them.
I'm not interested (nor would I believe) any apologies. There is no excuse for UAL's behavior. I should be compensated for the time (as of this writing, 2 hours) I've wasted talking to your useless staff. However I imagine I'd get something utterly useless, like a flight credit, or some other thing.
​
I'm going to be posting this everywhere I can think of. Why? Because UAL thinks it's fine to take my money and screw me. I think UAL deserves to be treated in kind, don't you?

Be happy with your reduced fare complementary of bankruptcy, employee layoffs, outsourcing and the Global Economy.
Of course you have read the contract of carriage and liability before you purchased your ticket.
IMHO, Most airlines follow the same rules and if this would happen on brand X, your experience would be no different as airlines have been marginalized.
From an ex-UAL employee, I apologize.
But the customers have had a hand in this situation more so than the corporation.
Just my 2 cents...
B) xUT

Reactions: 4 people
Last week in LAX watching pax carrying-on an absurd amount of bags (and then waiting waiting while they searched for overhead bin space) caused me to think about Spirit's $100 shock-fee for bags that must be checked. Spirit got it right. They don't want to mess w/ bags at the gate. But that $100 fee should be accompanied by a guarantees. Passengers are abusing this policy and the airlines don't want to mess with a huge ancillary fee source. Solution: incentives to check your bags prior to the gate.

The OP here should have called Jeff Smisek in his luxe downtown office and kept calling until he got an answer. My sympathies to you sir.

​

I'm sorry....I didn't notice what fare you paid....

​

I would love to see and hear the video of you at the baggage office. I doubt you were mister calm cool and collective and the agents probably had a good reason to not help you.

Mrtheferret probably doesn't know that depending on the airport, most bags are going to be delivered by the same baggage delivery company even if he flies someone else and the bags get lost. There used to be a couple of choices for companies, but now many have consolidated and lowest common denominatored so everyone gets the same thing. We have the bag, but we dont know when it's going to be there.