Oil Company Profits

kobe1

Aug 9, 2004
Maybe we can get Exxon or BP to invest the billions and billions of dollars in profits they are making. Think about it.....selling aviation fuel at cost to US would make us profitable. Something for Lakefield to think about.

That's not much different from suggesting that the employees should buy USAir, work for free, and be happy that they own a profitable airline.

If the big oil sugar daddies can sell USAir fuel at market prices, why on earth would they buy an airline to which they could sell fuel at a loss?

kobe1 said:
Tax write off for them maybe? Diversification.
[post="257249"][/post]​

We all know the big oil companies are only
interested in raping consumers and corporations
who rely on their product to keep the economy
going. They will get theirs soon when the
market collapses. Greed will kill us all some
day.

SpinDoc said:
We all know the big oil companies are only
interested in raping consumers and corporations
who rely on their product to keep the economy
going. They will get theirs soon when the
market collapses. Greed will kill us all some
day.
[post="257357"][/post]​
Only hope I live to see it. :up:

speedbird86 said:
Only hope I live to see it. :up:
[post="257446"][/post]​

Is everyone asleep at the wheel here people?
Why isn't there a huge outcry against the big
oil companies right now? Congress should be
actively investigating the oil company crooks and
terrorist A-Rabs who are inflating the cost of oil
and refined petroleum products. There is NO WAY
anyone should have to pay more than $1.25 for a
gallon of regular. The economy is going to take
a sharp downhill run here shortly if nothing is
done to reign in these bastards. Prices on all
goods will have to rise to meet the cost of
delivery which will lead to less products being
sold. Something smells in Saudi Arabia and
Texas, and it isn't the lack of A-Rab hygiene
or Texas laborers working in the hot sun.

Gee......aren't you forgetting who is in the White House?????

That Texas oilman.......BUSH. He wouldn't want to piss his oil buddies off now would he?????:down: :down:

How about we get a loan from Halliburton????? I'm sure Dick Chaney would get us a great rate :lol: :lol:

SpinDoc said:
Congress should be actively investigating the oil company crooks and
terrorist A-Rabs who are inflating the cost of oil and refined petroleum products.
[post="257652"][/post]​

It's actually oil traders that are wetting themselves over the surging Chinese demand for petroleum products.

If someone as much as farts in Venezuela, Nigera or any other oil producing region, the boys on the floor stain themselves and painc thinking the Chinese demand surge will mean there wont be enough left for the US of A so we can continue to drive our Tiger tank sized SUV's around.

Not to mention the fact that amazingly enough the pre war neoconservative estimates of Iraqi post regime change production have been wildly inaccurate...something about the locals blowing up the infrastructure everytime Haliburton repairs it...

kobe1 said:
Maybe we can get Exxon or BP to invest the billions and billions of dollars in profits they are making. Think about it.....selling aviation fuel at cost to US would make us profitable. Something for Lakefield to think about.
[post="257206"][/post]​

Do you honestly for one second think these oil companies would sell fuel to an airline "At cost"?

They are "For profit" entities.

Let's see...pay the shareholders handsome dividends or squander it on an airline?

Ever known a drug dealer to sell his wares "At cost"? :down:

Something for Lakefield to fantasize wildly about you mean dont you?

SpinDoc said:
Is everyone asleep at the wheel here people?
Why isn't there a huge outcry against the big
oil companies right now? Congress should be
actively investigating the oil company crooks and
terrorist A-Rabs who are inflating the cost of oil
and refined petroleum products. There is NO WAY
anyone should have to pay more than $1.25 for a
gallon of regular. The economy is going to take
a sharp downhill run here shortly if nothing is
done to reign in these bastards. Prices on all
goods will have to rise to meet the cost of
delivery which will lead to less products being
sold. Something smells in Saudi Arabia and
Texas, and it isn't the lack of A-Rab hygiene
or Texas laborers working in the hot sun.
[post="257652"][/post]​

I'm doing my part. I traded in my car and my wife's car and we both bought Toyota Pruis hybrids. Now, instead of spending $250 a month on gasoline, we are only spending about $80.

KCFlyer said:
I'm doing my part. I traded in my car and my wife's car and we both bought Toyota Pruis hybrids. Now, instead of spending $250 a month on gasoline, we are only spending about $80.
[post="257735"][/post]​
Way to go KC. We to traded our beloved Z28 for a Honda. Haven't realized the savings yet. Still have my big truck just don't drive it anymore. Too bad it's come to this.

speedbird86 said:
So what can the White House do to reduce the cost of oil?
[post="257751"][/post]​
Invade every country that has a significant supply of crude, annex them to the US, and prohibit "exports."

I'm not advocating that approach. It's just something the White House could do, if the only goal is to reduce the cost of oil.

The Saudi Royal Family and the Bush Family have very close ties that have gone on for many years.

You would think he could ask them for a little relief by increasing production somewhat??

Maybe he could call in that little favor granted immediately after 9-11......the one where all the Saudi Royal family members and relations were provided many aircraft to flee the country.......when there was a nation wide aviation stand-down :eek: ???

Don't be so innocent. The white house can do something.....but won't :down:

E-TRONS said:
You would think he could ask them for a little relief by increasing production somewhat??

The Saudis are actually pretty close to their maximum output at this point. They could pump a bit more, but the incremental production would be heavy, high-sulfur crude that is more difficult and expensive to refine. OPEC is already producing above its members' quotas.

The big problem is that China and India are industrializing and the demand for oil in both countries has skyrocketed, not to mention that this country's appetite for imported goods and deficit spending has weakened the dollar significantly. And as long as there are people out there in the world who are willing to pay $50+/barrel for crude and refined products, rather than conserving or seeking alternatives, the price of oil will remain high.

Latest posts