Ok....this Is Getting Old

Jennyann

Advanced
May 24, 2004
DALLAS TEXAS
Visit site
Listen I know everyone has given more times than we should have, and that we're all working our asses off....But can I get some catering (just a ittle ice), and the trash cans dumped (I'll "tidy" up the cabin) in PHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the recent events over the holidays, can I at least have the supplies I need to serve my passengers????????!!!!!!!!!!
I flew AA home to Dallas after my trip the other day from PHL.....they had every single thing they needed for a 3 hour flight....and mind you, they do 2 full beverage services on a super 80.
This is just damned pitiful and I'm sick of it!!!!
If we're going to survive after this little "financial breather" we've received, we had better get our S--- together!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :down: :angry:

Jennyann said:
Listen I know everyone has given more times than we should have, and that we're all working our asses off....But can I get some catering (just a ittle ice), and the trash cans dumped (I'll "tidy" up the cabin) in PHL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After the recent events over the holidays, can I at least have the supplies I need to serve my passengers????????!!!!!!!!!!
I flew AA home to Dallas after my trip the other day from PHL.....they had every single thing they needed for a 3 hour flight....and mind you, they do 2 full beverage services on a super 80.
This is just damned pitiful and I'm sick of it!!!!
If we're going to survive after this little "financial breather" we've received, we had better get our S--- together!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :down: :angry:
[post="239571"][/post]​
Do you really think anybody on a message board can do anything about it? :blink:

Just think it is going to get worse when everything gets outsourced to people who don't work for US and do not care about it.

It can/will get better with outsourced help as you outsource them when they stop doing what needs to be done.

700UW said:
Just think it is going to get worse when everything gets outsourced to people who don't work for US and do not care about it.
[post="239586"][/post]​

If you think that is true, I got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. US has tremendous problems with the vendors and they do not get rid of them.

The company the other day said in the Inquier the other day they will hire 200 fleet service agents in PHL. They have been pulling agents from catering because of the SHORT STAFFING on the ramp and its not from sick calls folks!

So the company admits it does not have the workers to cover all the open lines

There are many stations where contractors provide equal or better service than US Airways employees -- it's simply attitude.

I believe a person should provide a 100% effort regardless of their circumstances, it's called professionalism.

Nobody is in control of their thoughts but themself and to suggest otherwise is wrong. What determines how we feel and what are the questions we ask ourself.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

UseYourHead said:
It can/will get better with outsourced help as you outsource them when they stop doing what needs to be done.
[post="239588"][/post]​

I work for another legacy and they outsourced some jobs at my city. I can tell you for a fact that the quality of work is inferior than when we did it.

USA320Pilot said:
There are many stations where contractors provide equal or better service than US Airways employees -- it's simply attitude.

I believe a person should provide a 100% effort regardless of their circumstances, it's called professionalism.

Nobody is in control of their thoughts but themself and to suggest otherwise is wrong. What determines how we feel and what are the questions we ask ourself.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="239600"][/post]​

USA320,

You are full of S%$#!

People are people (which you don't understand).

Try jungling food on the table, gas in the car, and utilities. God help if the car breaks down, or you have a car accident and the ygoes through the roof... and then there is family needs medical needs. Besides, job stress, you have the makings of major anxiety and depression.

Let's see, it on in your mind....I'll tell the morgage company that.

Sparky, you are just like management, disconnected and clueless.

JennyAnn

You are right !!!

First of all...AGAIN..we MUST stop taking our anger to the company out on one another. The angry utility workers sh!ts on the f/a..the angry f/a sh!ts on utility..the angry caterer sh!ts on the f/a...the angry f/a sh!ts on their fellow f/a and on and on and on. THIS MUST STOP!!!

I WAS one on those PIedmonsters and I can tell you that the "outsourced" providers did an excellent job. For the ridiculus price we pay one poor fella to do a piss poor job (PLEASE READ THIS AND NOTE--NOT his/her fault because of time and NO help), the company can hire 6. Those worker would come on with ALL materials needed. We had to push them off as they wanted to do a really nice job. I can count the number of utility workers in US heyday who gave two good GD's about presenting a nice a/c on two hand. One..two or three in CLT, a few in PIT and the rest on the west coast.

Once again, a group gets pissed off at the company and guess who pays the price? The f/a's again get sh!t on because of anger. And PLEASE, utility workers, don't even put the crap justification statements here. I've been around long enough to know how your group operates and I have witnessed the throwing around of pillow/blankets, not checking the lavs...mustless cleaning them. And what the hell is in your contract that states that you aren't to wipe crums off the seat? Why the hell do I care if you guys are around? The moment you leave the aircraft, most of us that CARE redo the mess you left.

For those few who DO a great job, thank you. I wish you were in the majority.

As for the f/a's, some of you are just as guilty. If some of you would get your sorry asses of the jump seat or back row more often and pick trash up on a regular bases, then the one guy cleaning the plane would have TIME to do his job. Again, pissy f/a's complain they aren't paid enough to pick up all the extra trash onboard so they let it pile. BRAINSTORM!!! It IS your job and if you manage HOW you collect that extra garbage, you will have plenty of room. No, they sit back taking their anger out on the other groups.

And Jennyann, I know how you feel about catering but MUCH of that is the fault of the F/A's. Too many don't check to make sure we HAVE what we need. Some stations are round tripped and the f/a's need to read their memos. I worked a flight from SAN Diego and thanks to the inbound f/a's NOT reading their memo about the catering problem in SAN and being double provisioned, we barely had enough to do one service. WHY? Because the inbound crew thought it to be easier to give the customer the entire can, if not twice. ANOTHER BRAINSTORM!!! The A321 hasn't enough for the entire can when there is NO catering in the inbound city. BUT, who got sh!t on because I promise you of LAZINESS? Got it, the next crew. As if there is SOOO much to do now.

And caterers, ALL we have left to offer these people are pretzels, soda, and booze. Oh yeah, ice. It's not that hard.

Most importantly, when you're out, you're out. Give'em a free drink or headset. F#ck it!. I hardly ever charge for anything. It comes as a constant apology gift.

I'm sorry to be harsh on some of the groups, but in fairness, I think I hit my on pretty hard itself.

And if push come to shove, the airplane sits until you get what you need. ;)

Latest posts