Ok, Which it is?

night-ice

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
When calling the pass bureau from the East Coast at 0830, a recorded message indicates "..our office hours are from 830 am to 530 pm, Arizona Time." Well, I wait until 1130 Eastern Time (0830 Arizona Time). When I call, I still get the voice recording.. (maybe they are still too busy)
Nonetheless, when I call at 530pm Eastern Time (230 Arizona Time), I now get a message stating "...our office hours are from 830 to 530 Eastern Standard Time. Please call again during normal business hours." Yikes!! Can someone please get this corrected or indicate which time is correct? :)

GOOD LUCK contacting the PASS BUREAU....I sent email, faxed contacted the local HR person at INT and it took me 2 weeks to make contact and I never got to them just a message via the HR person. If you have not sent email or faxed dont keep calling you will NEVER GET THRU. FAX # is 703-872-7827 email address is [email protected]. I was told the Pass Bureau in VA was closing and jobs not offered to move to PHX.

Get in line.
I tried every day for a week at all hours only to receive "the message ". Finally I chose to e-mail my questions to them and about a week later I received a reply. If you have any questions or problems regarding approaching travel dates, start inquiring early.

linemech

Get in line.
I tried every day for a week at all hours only to receive "the message ". Finally I chose to e-mail my questions to them and about a week later I received a reply. If you have any questions or problems regarding approaching travel dates, start inquiring early.
linemech
Same here..."the message"..it is 605pm here in the East and so I called again. Now, office hours are Eastern time...ArgH!

Are you calling 480-693-8717? Office hours are 1000am-1600 Arizona Time. I might be wrong on the closing time, but the opening time is 1000am.

They usually work on e-mails each morning from 0800-1000am, you can e-mail them at [email protected].

That's the number alright, have you tried it?
If office personnel are working on e-mails each morning from 0800-1000am and it still takes days to respond, they must be working short. With all the changes to the pass policy recently and the increase in employee numbers, didn't anyone in management even consider the possibility that Questions would arise and that someone should be there to answer them? :down:

linemech

GOOD LUCK contacting the PASS BUREAU....I sent email, faxed contacted the local HR person at INT and it took me 2 weeks to make contact and I never got to them just a message via the HR person. If you have not sent email or faxed dont keep calling you will NEVER GET THRU. FAX # is 703-872-7827 email address is [email protected]. I was told the Pass Bureau in VA was closing and jobs not offered to move to PHX.
Don't use the 703 phone number, that's Crystal City.
The Tempe fax number is (480) 693-8850

That's the number alright, have you tried it?
If office personnel are working on e-mails each morning from 0800-1000am and it still takes days to respond, they must be working short. With all the changes to the pass policy recently and the increase in employee numbers, didn't anyone in management even consider the possibility that Questions would arise and that someone should be there to answer them? :down:

linemech
We're not even staffed to handle the merged ff prorgrams and the new website and you expect them to staff for employees non rev issues? Not a high enough priority. Heard employees at pass bureau are working shortstaffed and much overtime. They are doing the best they can. Give them some time to answer emails. Im sure they appreciate your understanding.

We're not even staffed to handle the merged ff prorgrams and the new website and you expect them to staff for employees non rev issues?

PhxMama,

Honestly, I don't expect anything. It is what it is.
Of course our customers should come first. All I'm doing is stating the obvious. Under-staffing and outsourcing will end up costing this airline millions in lost revenue instead of generating new. The employee travel office staffing issue is just a sample of what is going on everywhere in this airline. Managements Trip over a dollar to pick up a penny mentality may get them a ill deserved bonus, but employees and passengers suffer.

linemech

I know you were just stating the obvious. I think we all had the same thought. Its not just that there were going to be questions but the whole roll out of the program was pathetic. So many obvious questions that no one had answers to that many had to call the pass bureau over the same issue. The ato and rez were given different directives and those changed 5 times the same day. Took about a week to clarify obvious questions but during that time guest trvlrs were hung out to dry. Some advance notice for those with non dependents would have been nice. Number of flexis for trvl and when that would change would have been nice to have known. Just some of my own pet peeves. Its sad when employees are so used to being treated poorly, they dont expect anything else. Sometimes I think airline employees were abused in another life and just dont know how they should really be treated, so they continue to accept it.