"Old" US Airways in PHX

john john

Veteran
Contributor
Sep 12, 2004
Is this the plan?
Would ALPA let HP fly US planes.Would AFA let HP FA's fly US planes.Would IAM let HP work on US planes.Would TWU let HP dispatch US Planes.Would CWA let HP work US Flights.Where is IAM Fleet Service
What About US?
Furloughed US Airways Employees in Phoenix
Some furloughed employees in Phoenix are asking "what about us?"

US Airways employee Rob Sanders was furloughed on May 22, 2005, two days after the merger with America West. Rob is one of 24 fleet service employees in Phoenix who's job was not eliminated but given to a contract company.
After only a little more than 4 months the company got rid of the contract company and moved from terminal 2 to terminal 4 with America West were America West fleet service took over the flights I used to work. We still have people on furlough and America West has not called us back or offered any of us jobs but they are hiring new employees off the street every month. I have 17 years with the company and my co workers also have a lot of years as well. Most of us who are at the top of our pay scale, wonder if the company did this as a curl way to cut cost by getting rid of us and replacing us with new starting pay employees who start at 7.50 an hour.
http://www.justplanenews.com/

This was at www.justplanenews.com

What About US?
Furloughed US Airways Employees in Phoenix

Some furloughed employees in Phoenix are asking "what about us?"

US Airways employee Rob Sanders was furloughed on May 22, 2005, two days after the merger with America West. Rob is one of 24 fleet service employees in Phoenix who's job was not eliminated but given to a contract company.
After only a little more than 4 months the company got rid of the contract company and moved from terminal 2 to terminal 4 with America West were America West fleet service took over the flights I used to work. We still have people on furlough and America West has not called us back or offered any of us jobs but they are hiring new employees off the street every month. I have 17 years with the company and my co workers also have a lot of years as well. Most of us who are at the top of our pay scale, wonder if the company did this as a curl way to cut cost by getting rid of us and replacing us with new starting pay employees who start at 7.50 an hour.

the quick answer is, that by HP doing the flights on the ramp, they are acting as a contract company on behalf of US. that is why it is important to dump the IAM and their contract and negotiate with the TWU and their current contract. I believe that both contracts stipulate that only covered agents can do flights, unless they are outsourced.