On A Day Plagued With Weather Delays,like Friday,

Have enjoyed this thread immensely. Have to add my own anecdote.

About a month ago, I was working a flight out of DFW on a MD-80 (what we at AA grandly refer to as the Super 80). A young woman who appeared to be mid-20s rang her call button.

When I went to see what she wanted, she asked where were the video screens? I replied, this a/c doesnt' have video screens. She responded with, "well, then where can I plug in my headset for the music?" I replied, this a/c doesn't have an audio entertainment system.

She then loudly proclaimed for all to hear, "THIS IS THE MOST BORING FLIGHT I HAVE EVER BEEN ON IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!"

(Did I mention that we hadn't left the gate yet? :blink: )

Gotta give your airline credit, Your MD80's are the most roomy and comfortable flyin, But I hear they are taking out the extra legroom !

Back before PSA had seat assignments, I used to get all the time, "Escuse me, but where are the window seats?'

Now how do you answer that, except to say "by the windows" I tried and tried and couldn't come up with another answer. Because, they are by the windows.

And for primowon, try growing a sense of humor, this particular thread is humorous. The cheaper the fares, the dumber the pax, and you just gotta laugh sometimes. :blink:

PSA1979 said:
Back before PSA had seat assignments, I used to get all the time, "Escuse me, but where are the window seats?'

Now how do you answer that, except to say "by the windows" I tried and tried and couldn't come up with another answer. Because, they are by the windows.

And for primowon, try growing a sense of humor, this particular thread is humorous. The cheaper the fares, the dumber the pax, and you just gotta laugh sometimes. :blink:
[post="258706"][/post]​

RES has a mulitude of stories..my personal favorite was when I was working in International RES. I had a young lady call me and was booking a flight to England. After asking about the fares, etc she paused and said hey wait a minute. We are not at war with them are we? It was all I could do not to laugh, but I advised her that that war ended quite a few years ago. LOL!

primowon said:
All airport workers, G/As, T/As, pilots, F/As, whatever, your only roll is to move passengers in an efficient, cordial manner, and in such a manner that, hopefully, they may one day return because of your effort. If that is too much to ask, you are in the wrong business. Do us a favor and move on.
[post="258673"][/post]​
:lol:

Back in the mid 80's while working in ROC. This old man drove his Chevy Impala onto the curb and right through the front doors. When officers asked him what he was doing he said he was going to USair to purchase a ticket. Luckily no one was hurt. Talk about curb service.

:up:
primowon said:
For the record, I retired five years ago.

All airport workers, G/As, T/As, pilots, F/As, whatever, your only roll is to move passengers in an efficient, cordial manner, and in such a manner that, hopefully, they may one day return because of your effort. In so doing, they may continue paying your salary. To have such a superior attitude of being so much more intelligent than the people you are trying to help..need I say more? It is not hard to sense when you are on the receiving end of the dunce award. The end result is obvious. Frankly, it is a contributing factor in where we find ourselves today. In today's environment we can't afford to allienate even one pasenger, regardless how "dumb" they are. You just do not know their circumstances. If that is too much to ask, you are in the wrong business. Do us a favor and move on.
[post="258673"][/post]​

Lots of things have changed at the airport in the last 5 years. Come on out and enjoy a day with us some time. Fewer agents, more kiosks, more problems. :up:
As for being on the receiving end, no one here said they told the customers they were stupid, thats what we're doing here (and in the breakroom). You know its bad though when even the other customers in line look at you and shake their head. If I said what I really wanted to say, I'm sure I would have been sent packing quite a few years ago, but a little smile and wink at a fellow agent and on to the next customer. :rolleyes:

callgirlcindie said:
RES has a mulitude of stories..my personal favorite was when I was working in International RES. I had a young lady call me and was booking a flight to England. After asking about the fares, etc she paused and said hey wait a minute. We are not at war with them are we? It was all I could do not to laugh, but I advised her that that war ended quite a few years ago. LOL!
[post="258716"][/post]​

Does anyone remember the wonderful British Airways commercial a number of years ago that featured the great actor, Robert Morley, inviting Americans to visit Great Britain? It ended with him saying, "Come home. All is forgiven."

Severed-N-Happy said:
....how passengers who had to drive thru a raging t-storm to get to the airport still question with the look and speak of "befuddled duh-ism" why their flight is delayed.
Sometimes it is so sad and embarassing to be the brethren of an American citizen...... :rolleyes:
Counting the days til EO!!! :up:
[post="258515"][/post]​
What surprises me is how come the CSR's seldom mention to the waiting passengers that its the Federal Aviation Administration who is holding their flight on the ground. After all, it is the FAA's Air Traffic branch/division who implements Traffic Management Programs and Ground Stops. By making a simple 1 or 2 minute explanation to passengers at the gate that the FAA has delayed or flight or is keeping your aircraft on the ground, one would hope this would direct some of the passenger's frustration way from the poor CSR.