One carrier? Two employee websites....

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
If anyone can tell me if we're one carrier, why we still have 2 separate (but equal I'm sure) employee websites? Doesnt this require two times the amount of programming to keep them updated instead of concentrating on working on the rez system or are there two different departments working on these two items? Just wondering since we keep hearing we're all one now why the company continues to keep 2 sites?

If anyone can tell me if we're one carrier, why we still have 2 separate (but equal I'm sure) employee websites? Doesnt this require two times the amount of programming to keep them updated instead of concentrating on working on the rez system or are there two different departments working on these two items? Just wondering since we keep hearing we're all one now why the company continues to keep 2 sites?

Not to worry. The IT folks are on top of it. :lol:

Considering past IT "successes", perhaps you are all better off with two sites that work rather than one that doesn't.......

Jim

We were supposed to have one employee website in Feb of 07. Still waiting .... but no longer holding my breath. :p

You didn't see the new single website? I'm in the new Philadelphia crewroom in the new uniform reading our merged contract on it. :ninja:

EMBFA - are you sure you're not on a television show hosted by Rod Sterling........

Jim

its called "WINGS" and will supposdly launch this fall early winter.... hehe, will be nice to have 1 site for sure!!

IMHO I'm glad the IT "professionals" are focusing on other things rather than merging the employee websites. Really, on a scale of importance compared to the FOS/DECS cutover, kiosk problems, etc...I'd say the employee sites are near the bottom. Give it time though...

IMHO I'm glad the IT "professionals" are focusing on other things rather than merging the employee websites. Really, on a scale of importance compared to the FOS/DECS cutover, kiosk problems, etc...I'd say the employee sites are near the bottom. Give it time though...
Fenix, am I reading your post correctly? You think there ARE problems in the IT department at US? Not everything is perfect in Tempe?!! Say it ain't so. Somebody pinch me--I think the rapture may have begun.

Finally a westie admits that all is not perfect in sandcastle wonderland. The IT dept needs to be singly focused on the POS disaster called qik/shares before they screw arround with anything else. They still haven't proven that they can fix qik/shares yet. Talked to an IT perosn from IBM who did work for us and he said Shares is pure garbage and that Tempe's requests on them were shear stupidity , like leaving a flight open for sale on the internet up to 1 hour prior to dept. Why does every decision that comes out of Tempe need to be so half assed , cheap and poorly thought out? The belief that the passeneger will not pay for something better is BS. Most people understand that quality is a little more expensive.

Fenix, am I reading your post correctly? You think there ARE problems in the IT department at US? Not everything is perfect in Tempe?!! Say it ain't so. Somebody pinch me--I think the rapture may have begun.

LOL you are correct! The rapture has begun. Hell has frozen over. Truth is the Kool-Aid sucks now. They're not even using Kool-Aid anymore! They're using the cheaper grocery store brand knock-off.

Why would this be such an issue?

We should just keep theHub and they can flip the switch on AWAcompass and turn it off. All communication can be through theHub.

They "updated" the f/a 800 line to include PHX and LAS, why can't they include it on theHub?

TheHub is a great tool. Don't try to reinvent the wheel....just turn one or the other OFF!!!

Finally a westie admits that all is not perfect in sandcastle wonderland. The IT dept needs to be singly focused on the POS disaster called qik/shares before they screw arround with anything else. They still haven't proven that they can fix qik/shares yet. Talked to an IT perosn from IBM who did work for us and he said Shares is pure garbage and that Tempe's requests on them were shear stupidity , like leaving a flight open for sale on the internet up to 1 hour prior to dept. Why does every decision that comes out of Tempe need to be so half assed , cheap and poorly thought out? The belief that the passeneger will not pay for something better is BS. Most people understand that quality is a little more expensive.

Hey now...I do book some revenue flights 1 hour out ;) Too bad I don't fly US anymore revenue...as an nonrev...it's shticky...

I'm not really concerned about the IT dept trying to combine them, I was wondering why we still have 2 sites if we're 1 company. My concern wasnt about the process of actually combining them, but why there are still 2? I like the idea about just turning one off. Maybe doing that will give more power to QIK so it isnt busy all the time? ;)