One city at a time

It may take some time, but this country will out grow this prejudice as well.
The Lavener Hearts of Texas

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Garfield,
I'll have to disagree with you about DAL, and especially TEX-ASS in particuliar.

While I believe that there are many straight folks in DAL, that vote "D", as far as the gay issue goes down there, ...well my ol' granny had a sayin' that has ALWAYS been 100% true.

"A Leopard can NEVER change it's spots"

As long as your "neck of the woods" is controlled by southern Baptist's, nothing will ever change to the point of say a BOS/NYC/PHL/DCA/ORD/SEA/LAX/SFO/MIA etc.

Look at ATL for example. I would argue that ATL is THE second most progressive Big southern City,(after MIA) and the southern Baptist's hold sway there as well(ATL)

Too many people(especially males) are STILL afraid to come "out"(down there)

It IS what it IS.

When TEX-ASS goes "Blue", I'll then admit the times have changed.

I don't know. I thought McGovern at one point was strongly against integration and then at some point saw the light. Populations change, people grow and learn. Alot can happen. And given the fact that there are quite a few Dems in office in Dallas City Hall, maybe the article does have merit. I am sure that circa 1900, no one figured we would have a black man as a JCS much less a well regarded General in the US military. And who would have thought we would give women the right to vote?

Perhaps the leopard cannot change it's spots, but it can evolve over time.