One Week Ban on "Working Together"

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
This one week ban on working together and then a quick re-engagement with more vigor than ever before will show them!!! :down:

Below is a Letter Posted by Kevin Hammack
Currently Vice-President of TWU Local 514

Description :
Current state and direction.

Full Text :

Dear TWU Membership,
As you know the past few weeks have been extremely dynamic both within Local 514 and American Airlines. I’d like to take this opportunity address both of those things and give you a heads up on upcoming challenges and opportunities.

As you know, Dennis Burchette has moved on to his assignment within the TWU International. I believe he is the right man to prepare and organize our negotiating team for the upcoming Section VI openers in November. As such, Mike McDonald has filled the position of Local 514 President and I will be serving as Vice President for the remainder of this term which ends in July.

The Negotiating Team from Local 514 will consist of the Title Chairman for their respective Title groups and as President Mike McDonald will serve as the Title 1 representative. They are currently scheduled to begin meeting April 23rd every other week, for a week at a time at the TWU ATD office. The team will engage in training and strategy planning for negotiations which again will kick off in November 2007.

Though capable, the necessary burden of missing five officers every other week will be a challenge. The officers remaining will be asking for help from shop stewards in their respective areas with coverage and grievance investigation. It will be important that we all pull in the same direction. We’ll talk more about what we all can do to help in later communications.

Now I want to address what has been happening with American Airlines. As all of you know the PSP payouts have occurred as scheduled. Neither a rally in Dallas nor an e-mail campaign was going to stop it. That said, the last time I looked more than 15,000 people had sent e-mails to the folks who are actually “sharing the gain.†People from all over the country, all walks of life, customers of AA, employees of AA and concerned citizens have all participated and we should continue to do so!

Locally, we called a ban on the working together process for the week of April 16th and it’s time to now re-
engage with more vigor than ever before. Call it RESOLVE if you will. If seeing this type of corporate greed didn’t inflame you nothing will. This act of hypocrisy should make us more determined than ever to prepare ourselves for negotiations.

People want to do a lot of things in situations like this……..I say we show RESOLVE! We get involved, we run this business, we secure our future and we arm our negotiating committee with the things necessary to get our losses back! An inactive roll simply won’t do.

Local 514 in concert with the highest levels of the TWU continue to seek a voice and resolution on this issue and more. As Jim Little testified before Congress on March 29 th about outsourcing and as the TWU has helped forge language to address “Open Skies†through friendly legislators and as the TWU leads the way to address the outrageous payouts through the “Shareholder Vote on Executive Compensation Act†(HR 1257), we will never rest until equality is reached!

To finish, the leadership of local 514 shares and understands the frustration of recent events. In response we must be calculated, level headed and vigilant at the right time and in the right way! We need to engage this company like never before and take control of our future. Some say we can’’t……..I say RESOLVE!!!

Kevin Hammack, Vice President

kg:eek:peiu330
afl-cio, clc

Posted April 23, 2007

WOW! A one week ban on working together. And I thought they would pull out a t-shirt with a slogan on it.

No doubt, upper management has called an emergency meeting to discuss future bonus awards to insure another one week ban on working together never happens again.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

we run this business????????

Which planet are you on Kevin?

The funny/sad part is that he might actually think he/they are running anything at AA.

we run this business????????

Which planet are you on Kevin?

The funny/sad part is that he might actually think he/they are running anything at AA.

Oh trust me on this one!
Hammack does indeed think he is running the business.

The Negotiating Team from Local 514 will consist of the Title Chairman for their respective Title groups and as President Mike McDonald will serve as the Title 1 representative. They are currently scheduled to begin meeting April 23rd every other week, for a week at a time at the TWU ATD office. The team will engage in training and strategy planning for negotiations which again will kick off in November 2007.

Why bother with the training when their all getting the boot soon anyway. :shock:

Why bother with the training when their all getting the boot soon anyway. :shock:

Likely to invoke the President Council By-Laws that insure removal of negotiating team does not happen. This explains the "early" notice that negotiations will being this year. To put in place the cronies that will bow to Little and Yingst.

I am looking for my copy so that I can quote specific language.

Likely to invoke the President Council By-Laws that insure removal of negotiating team does not happen. This explains the "early" notice that negotiations will being this year. To put in place the cronies that will bow to Little and Yingst.

I am looking for my copy so that I can quote specific language.
Presidents council by-laws:

http://local567.twuatd.org/LibraryDocuments/PCBlaw.pdf

Negotiating Policy:

http://local567.twuatd.org/uploadpages/negpol.htm

No changes or substitutions shall be made in Committee Members once negotiations have commenced except in extreme circumstances, and then only by two-thirds vote of the Committee.
:down:

And of course with the twu you need this language added:

Any Committee Member appearing under the influence of intoxicants will he ruled out of order and ineligible to participate in official business of the Committee.

We had a weeks ban on working together? And they were going to tell us when?

You really didn't need to know in a timely manner. Because in their mind, "They are the Union" and you are the "Lowly Dues Payer". So get back to work before they call you "Out of Order Brother"!

Latest posts