Oops. My V.P.'s unwed pregnant daughter

Odd how if it were a democrat, they would have been painted as awful parents since they didn't make her daughter take a 'purity vow'.

From NBC's Katie Primm and Mark Murray
By way, as has been pointed out, Palin backed abstinence-only education during her 2006 gubernatorial race. In an Eagle Forum Alaska questionnaire, Palin gave this response to the following question:

Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?

Palin: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

Source

Oh no! Don’t tell me she is going to be “punishedâ€￾ with a baby!

Obama - I don't want my daughters "punished with a baby"
You know, if Chelsea gave some guy a blowjob, the right would have had it all over the web. I am sure that somehow Palins grandbaby will come back to being Clinton's fault...what with all those liberal polices she was exposed to in elementary school.

Although I do have to admit, it shows that Palin put the governorship ahead of her kids, so that might be a rallying point for the GOP.

Oh no! Don’t tell me she is going to be “punishedâ€￾ with a baby!

Obama - I don't want my daughters "punished with a baby"

Mr. Tug McGroin,

Assuming that you may be a conservative republican(and if my assumptions are incorrect please except my apology), then your views and your party are hypocritical ! I Join you in your position that children are "off limits", which was eloquently voiced by Sen. Obama !
It's Highly disengenuous for Evangelical christians to Bombard the "rest of us" with their "family values" hypocracy, but then, when the "tables get turned", you expect "the rest of us" to "understand" !

I be amazed if the phamacy's in Alaska did not have condoms for sale.

??

So let me get this straight. A Pentecostal who would never support any sex education plan other than abstinence has a 17 year old single daughter who is knocked up? OH YEA, I almost forgot, the 17 yr old and her boy friend are going to get married.

I personally could care less that she is pregnant. I do find it irresponsible to compound one mistake (getting knocked up) by committing a second mistake (getting married at 17). That her parents would allow this or condone it makes me question her decision making skills as a parent. How on earth can a 17 year old girl have the ability to make a decision that will affect the rest of her life when she cannot even be responsible enough to use a condom and be on the pill. OH yea, the daughter would not have been able to go up to mom and ask to be taken to the doctor because Sarah's daughter would be having sex with her boyfriend.

Sarah Palin is in denial. She endorses a policy that her own daughter does not abide by and had Ms Palin been open minded enough and paid attention to her daughter, perhaps Bristol would have been encouraged to use a condom and the pill if she decided to have sex with her boyfriend. I wonder if he is a minor as well or if he is over 17. If he was over 17 at the time of conception I believe they call that rape, don't they?

If I had kids I would prefer that they wait to have sex till they are older and in a good relationship. I would do all I could do to encourage that. I am not naive enough to believe that my encouragement will guarantee that out come. Given todays society the likely hood of that out come is unlikely. I would hope that I could instill the common sense in my kids to be able know what the results of their actions will be and to take the necessary precautions and use protection. Not being a parent I cannot say for sure, but I am pretty sure I would put my daughter on the pill.

Someone who is this detached from reality IMO is not fit to lead. The abstinence decision is one that is made based on absolutes (there was no back up plan) and it does not work in reality. Her daughter is proof of that.

Yeah. I'm sure the Palin family is thrilled with the thought of their unmarried 17 year old daughter being pregnant.

When is the party... :rolleyes:

I guess in the perfect, left of center world, children abide and mirror the teachings of their parents. If she were to conform to the values dear to the left, so could just as easily aborted the child and shacked up with the father.

If you had bothered to read anything other than the hate-filled diatribe sanctioned by the left, you would have come to understand the feelings the Palin family has for their daughter.

Sarah and Todd Palin issued a statement saying they are "proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents."

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart and mean everything to us," the statement said. "Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned."

"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family,"
the statement said. Class

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/01/palin.daughter/index.html

I think we all know how the Obama family would have handled the situation had it been their daughter in this situation. After all, they wouldn’t want to “punishâ€￾ their daughter with a baby. Classless.

Furthermore, if the Democrats wish to make an issue of a pregnant 17 year old girl that wishes to continue her pregnancy and marry the father of that child, by all means, be my guest.

Yeah I would like to know the age of the father to be? If he is under age also then I would leave the situation alone and just laugh about how these self righteous religious hacks continue to not be able to live up to their own rhetoric. LOL

I think we all know how the Obama family would have handled the situation had it been their daughter in this situation. After all, they wouldn’t want to “punishâ€￾ their daughter with a baby. Classless.

Furthermore, if the Democrats wish to make an issue of a pregnant 17 year old girl that wishes to continue her pregnancy and marry the father of that child, by all means, be my guest.
Let's see how much fun Sarah's kid is having at 22 - when all her friends are out doing what 22 year olds do. I do believe she'll feel she's being "punished" because of the baby. There was an old Gallagher routine where he had a boat anchor in a diaper. The gist of it was - your life changes dramatically after a baby - even if you PLANNED the baby. When you're only 17, you'll want to do things that other 18, 19, or 20 year olds do.

She should be the poster child for "abstinence only" sex education. What might the results have been had she been exposed to education about condoms or other forms of birth control? Will this change her mom's position on that issue?

Life is life at conception and should be welcomed and loved.

No matter the circumstances.

The Palin family is brave and courageous. Walking the talk.

Obviously they are above Obama's pay grade.

And those who are criticizing their private family decision are cowards.

Life is life at conception and should be welcomed and loved.

No matter the circumstances.

The Palin family is brave and courageous. Walking the talk.

Obviously they are above Obama's pay grade.

And those who are criticizing their private family decision are cowards.
Sorry what...but when your stated policy beliefs are that schools should teach "abstinence only", only to have your own kid end up pregnant, then maybe it's time to reevaluate that stance.

Fortunately, the kid has well-to-do parents who can help support them, or are they planning on supporting a family on what the average high school graduate earns? If it were some working class family whose kid got knocked up because "abstinence only" doesn't work...and they couldn't afford to help kids pay for the kids kid, then they seem to relish telling the kid "you shoulda kept your legs together" - even if the father and his teenage bride kept the baby and did the "right thing" of getting married - because the right wing doesn't want to provide any kind of assistance for someone who lacked so much "personal responsiblity".

I guess in the perfect, left of center world, children abide and mirror the teachings of their parents. If she were to conform to the values dear to the left, so could just as easily aborted the child and shacked up with the father.

That is the point sparky. Kids do not do the smart thing all the time. Had Ms. Palin known this she could have told her daughter to use protection so that she would not be in the predicament she is in now.

If you had bothered to read anything other than the hate-filled diatribe sanctioned by the left, you would have come to understand the feelings the Palin family has for their daughter.

Of course they love their daughter. The seems like a nice enough lady and who would be surprised at that. Do you honestly believe that Ms Palin is thrilled that her daughter is pregnant? They are dealing with the situation that they did not choose nor want. I feel bad for the daughter and the boyfriend because they have lost their futures as far as being kids is concerned. Abortion is a personal choice but I fail to see why they are not giving up the child for adoption. At least they would not 'have' to get married and they could reclaim their child hood.

You are aware that McCain and Palin are running for office right? Like she is going to get on TV and say she is disappointed in her daughter behavior or anything else negative about the situation.

Obama would address the situation the same way Palin did. Deal with the situation. With any luck, Obama will teach his daughters that if they decide to have sex, use a condom and ask mom or dad to get on the pill. They they will not be saddled for the rest of their lives by a reckless action in their youth.

You make this sound as if it is about any 17 yr old who is pregnant. This is about the 17 yr old daughter of a VP candidate who does to believe in anything but abstinence who ow has a daughter who is pregnant out of wedlock because the daughter could not ask the mother how to have safe sex. Now they will compound their screw up by getting married at 17. Yea, that makes a whole lot of sense. How long do you think that marriage will work? Does a 50% divorce rate ring any bells?