Open letter to President Obama Re:FAA, DOT, &NTSB corruption

Jan 27, 2007
San Diego
users.sdccu.net
Here's a letter I sent a dozen times to President Obama. I have yet to get a response.

February 10, 2009

President Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Via FAX: 202-456-2461
Via USPS

President Obama,

My name is James Bergquist, former USAF and FAA air traffic controller. I was also head of our union, NATCA, for San Diego County. I represent other FAA whistle blowers including airline pilots, Boeing and DOD wiring experts, two FAA airline inspectors, an FAA security inspector, and an airline mechanic.

When you told the American people that we would see a more open government, I was compelled to write to you.

On January 28 and again on February 8, I contact you on www.whitehouse.gov/contact about massive corruption and crimes committed by federal government employees of the FAA, the Department of Transportation Inspector General's office, the National Transportation Safety Board, the Department of Justice, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

This morning, February 10, 2009, I called the White House wanting to speak to someone about these crimes and was first told to contact the Justice Dept. I told the operator that the Justice Dept. was the "fox that guards the henhouse". I was then hung up on. I immediately called back and was hung up on twice more before operator number 31 would assist me. He told me I could write to you by sending an email to [email protected]. I sent this letter and got a response back saying that that email address isn't even monitored and to use your contact site at www.whitehouse.gov,contact which limits us to 500 characters. Is that open goverment?

We have information about four airline crashes that were covered up by the NTSB. They have falsified the causes and tampered with evidence in federal aviation accident investigations. These crashes include Comair 5191, Valujet 592, TWA 800, and AS261.

I was fired for telling management that over half of my co-workers were using alcohol and drugs on the job. These drugs include marijuana, hallucinogenic mushrooms, and LSD. I also told management that we were getting advanced word of random drug testing and that official logs were being falsified on a daily basis. This falsification commonly called "the early shove" is massive fraud resulting in a dangerous under manning of air traffic control facilities nationwide and the loss of tens of millions of taxpayer dollars. This has existed since the early fifties. My father was an air traffic controller and used to "shove" all his career as I did.

I was featured on ABC news in Miami after an air traffic controller there overdosed on heroin in the control tower. Official logs were doctored to show that the controller in question was off duty at the time of the overdose. It was determined that the controllers there and at Fort Lauderdale tower were being tipped off about random drug testing.

When I hear about major league baseball players using steroids and the federal government investigating and prosecuting them I am confused. It seems federal employees are above the law. What is more important, baseball players using steroids or our nation's air traffic controllers shooting up heroin in a control tower?

I was hired twice by the FAA when they knew I was discharged from the USAF for having vision problems so severe that I would become completely blind. Here is a document from the FAA telling me that I was being disqualified as a candidate...

http://users.sdccu.net/chickenlittle/FAA%25204-10-75.htm

Please read my open letter to President Bush titled "I was a blind air traffic controller" on my website at...

http://users.sdccu.net/chickenlittle

Years later, I came across a letter to AvWeb from a controller claiming things are worse now than when I blew the whistle. AvWeb has been able to confirm her identity. Her letter is at ....

http://www.avweb.com/newswire/10_37b/leadnews/188089-1.html

When I realized that no one was willing to investigate my allegations, I began taping my telephone conversations. The tapes are with co-workers who admit knowledge of drug use on the job, the GAO, the DOT IG, the NTSB, Congressional members, and the White House. I also have a tape on my MSPB hearing of my appeal of 6 month leave without pay and a tape of one of my witnesses which prove she perjured herself in my hearing.

I received a bomb threat and immediately contacted the FBI. I have a tape of the DOJ and the FBI refusing to investigate the bomb threat and telling me that drug use in a control tower is a "civil matter".

I have a videotape of a near miss at the main intersection at Long Beach airport caused by a trainee while his trainer is "mooning" my camera.

I have never used any drugs on the job, but used to smoke pot after work while still signed in at the tower. In desperation, as I was technically using drugs "while on duty", I contacted members of the Senate Commerce Committee and the Aviation Subcommittee of Congress, telling them I used on the job and wanted to testify to them in open hearings. The response I got from our leaders who are supposed to be looking out for the safety of the American people was simply to avoid me and not return my calls. I have a tape of every call I made to John McCain, Chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, and to members of the Aviation Subcommittee.

We desperately need some real whistle blower protection in America. When the Securities and Exchange Commission can ignore whistleblower Harry Markopolos for some ten years concerning Mr. Madoff's $50 billion ponzi scheme and do nothing, it is time for a change. I can only imagine that there are hundreds or perhaps even thousands of government whistle blowers out there who are being ignored. You promised the American people change, when I called the White House this morning, I got the same treatment as in years past.

We want to see investigations into the past "investigations". They were nothing more than cover ups and I have the tapes to prove it. I have supplied these tapes to the FBI, the DOT IG, and the Clinton and Bush White House in the past and will gladly released them to you also.

Please read my material and contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Best Regards,

James A. Bergquist

[email protected]

Here's a letter I sent a dozen times to President Obama. I have yet to get a response.

February 10, 2009

President Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Via FAX: 202-456-2461
Via USPS

President Obama,

My name is James Bergquist, former USAF and FAA air traffic controller. I was also head of our union, NATCA, for San Diego County. I represent other FAA whistle blowers including airline pilots, Boeing and DOD wiring experts, two FAA airline inspectors, an FAA security inspector, and an airline mechanic.

When you told the American people that we would see a more open government, I was compelled to write to you.

On January 28 and again on February 8, I contact you on www.whitehouse.gov/contact about massive corruption and crimes committed by federal government employees of the FAA, the Department of Transportation Inspector General's office, the National Transportation Safety Board, the Department of Justice, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

This morning, February 10, 2009, I called the White House wanting to speak to someone about these crimes and was first told to contact the Justice Dept. I told the operator that the Justice Dept. was the "fox that guards the henhouse". I was then hung up on. I immediately called back and was hung up on twice more before operator number 31 would assist me. He told me I could write to you by sending an email to [email protected]. I sent this letter and got a response back saying that that email address isn't even monitored and to use your contact site at www.whitehouse.gov,contact which limits us to 500 characters. Is that open goverment?

We have information about four airline crashes that were covered up by the NTSB. They have falsified the causes and tampered with evidence in federal aviation accident investigations. These crashes include Comair 5191, Valujet 592, TWA 800, and AS261.

I was fired for telling management that over half of my co-workers were using alcohol and drugs on the job. These drugs include marijuana, hallucinogenic mushrooms, and LSD. I also told management that we were getting advanced word of random drug testing and that official logs were being falsified on a daily basis. This falsification commonly called "the early shove" is massive fraud resulting in a dangerous under manning of air traffic control facilities nationwide and the loss of tens of millions of taxpayer dollars. This has existed since the early fifties. My father was an air traffic controller and used to "shove" all his career as I did.

I was featured on ABC news in Miami after an air traffic controller there overdosed on heroin in the control tower. Official logs were doctored to show that the controller in question was off duty at the time of the overdose. It was determined that the controllers there and at Fort Lauderdale tower were being tipped off about random drug testing.

When I hear about major league baseball players using steroids and the federal government investigating and prosecuting them I am confused. It seems federal employees are above the law. What is more important, baseball players using steroids or our nation's air traffic controllers shooting up heroin in a control tower?

I was hired twice by the FAA when they knew I was discharged from the USAF for having vision problems so severe that I would become completely blind. Here is a document from the FAA telling me that I was being disqualified as a candidate...

http://users.sdccu.net/chickenlittle/FAA%25204-10-75.htm

Please read my open letter to President Bush titled "I was a blind air traffic controller" on my website at...

http://users.sdccu.net/chickenlittle

Years later, I came across a letter to AvWeb from a controller claiming things are worse now than when I blew the whistle. AvWeb has been able to confirm her identity. Her letter is at ....

http://www.avweb.com/newswire/10_37b/leadnews/188089-1.html

When I realized that no one was willing to investigate my allegations, I began taping my telephone conversations. The tapes are with co-workers who admit knowledge of drug use on the job, the GAO, the DOT IG, the NTSB, Congressional members, and the White House. I also have a tape on my MSPB hearing of my appeal of 6 month leave without pay and a tape of one of my witnesses which prove she perjured herself in my hearing.

I received a bomb threat and immediately contacted the FBI. I have a tape of the DOJ and the FBI refusing to investigate the bomb threat and telling me that drug use in a control tower is a "civil matter".

I have a videotape of a near miss at the main intersection at Long Beach airport caused by a trainee while his trainer is "mooning" my camera.

I have never used any drugs on the job, but used to smoke pot after work while still signed in at the tower. In desperation, as I was technically using drugs "while on duty", I contacted members of the Senate Commerce Committee and the Aviation Subcommittee of Congress, telling them I used on the job and wanted to testify to them in open hearings. The response I got from our leaders who are supposed to be looking out for the safety of the American people was simply to avoid me and not return my calls. I have a tape of every call I made to John McCain, Chairman of the Senate Commerce Committee, and to members of the Aviation Subcommittee.

We desperately need some real whistle blower protection in America. When the Securities and Exchange Commission can ignore whistleblower Harry Markopolos for some ten years concerning Mr. Madoff's $50 billion ponzi scheme and do nothing, it is time for a change. I can only imagine that there are hundreds or perhaps even thousands of government whistle blowers out there who are being ignored. You promised the American people change, when I called the White House this morning, I got the same treatment as in years past.

We want to see investigations into the past "investigations". They were nothing more than cover ups and I have the tapes to prove it. I have supplied these tapes to the FBI, the DOT IG, and the Clinton and Bush White House in the past and will gladly released them to you also.

Please read my material and contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Best Regards,

James A. Bergquist

[email protected]

Government and corruption? There's a new concept never heard of! :lol: :lol:
Good luck with trying to convince the rest of us!

PS: You do know that ANY letter to the White House is viewed as a threat, right?