OREGON TEA PARTY RALLY

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Oregon Tea Party Tax Day Rally

Progressive Left Offer Support

Oregon Tea Party members are taking a pledge of nonviolence for Friday afternoon’s Portland-area tax day rallies.

Party officials said they feared “union supporters” might try to stir up trouble at the rallies in Pioneer Courthouse Square and in other parts of the city on the day federal income taxes are traditionally due.

Pictures

MATURE CONTENT

Progressive liberals offering support for an Oregon Tea Party Tax Day rally.

God Bless America.

Content

Content

Content

Reactions: 1 person
Oregon Tea Party Tax Day Rally

Progressive Left Offer Support

Oregon Tea Party members are taking a pledge of nonviolence for Friday afternoon’s Portland-area tax day rallies.

Party officials said they feared “union supporters” might try to stir up trouble at the rallies in Pioneer Courthouse Square and in other parts of the city on the day federal income taxes are traditionally due.

Pictures

MATURE CONTENT

Progressive liberals offering support for an Oregon Tea Party Tax Day rally.

God Bless America.

Content

Content

Content

It's shameful the lack of class displayed here. The leftist liberal progressive scum have no right preach about "civility" and "discourse" again.

And before the apologists come out of the woodwork, you say it's "random," no, it is not. This is how the left operates as business as usual with the help of the MSM.

20 Days of Left-Wing Thuggery in Wisconsin: When Will Obama, Democrats, and MSM Call for Civility?

Reactions: 2 people
It's shameful the lack of class displayed here. The leftist liberal progressive scum have no right preach about "civility" and "discourse" again.

And before the apologists come out of the woodwork, you say it's "random," no, it is not. This is how the left operates as business as usual with the help of the MSM.

20 Days of Left-Wing Thuggery in Wisconsin: When Will Obama, Democrats, and MSM Call for Civility?

One of the things that people need to consider it that for the very first time in a long time, US citizens in the form of the Teas Party Movement are banding together for their common good and to have their voices heard. All of this is being done largely with out the help financially of the Mainstream political parties, lobbyists, corporate America and assorted special interest groups.

Note I said in general, so don't bother the debate with "Oh but Dick Cheney farted at tea party rally so Halliburton must be giving them money" flawed mindset. People like Rand Paul, Michele Bachman and a host of others in the new Freshman class frighten the feces out of BOTH parties. NEVER forget that.

No, this is a more fundamental assault upon business as usual in Washington. Progressive, Liberals & Conservatives can if nothing else count and when they start counting things like votes, budget dollars and the like, the Tea Party folks frankly make it damn difficult for them to pull their standard shenanigans without being called on the carpet by everyday citizens.

As to the civility of the left, the Tea Party should be thanking them for their conduct and making sure it's all on tape. Tea Party activists need only remain peaceful and non violent in the face of increasing incivility and ultimately (I Predict) violence. If they fight back or one of the right wing militias show up they're done. Think back through history and see what images impacted you? Was it Bull Connor turning the fire hoses on innocent blacks seeking equality and the other non violent protests or are the images more militant? If you're in the first group then you're like most, If you're in the second group like most of our progressive friends are you'll find yourself losing support.

The Tea Party needs to maintain civility and a non violent course of action in the face of what will be a growing effort by special interests to goad them into exercising their 2nd amendment rights. The counter demonstrations are nothing more than for now a feeble attempt to get the Tea Party to respond with initiation of force.

The Tea Party is no scarier than Sarah Palin.

And no more likely to succeed.

Just another reason to point and laugh.

We shall see. There issues are getting traction with Mr & Mrs America. There is a funny dynamic in the US where a third party is almost NEVER successful measured in terms of winning elections. However it is interesting to note that post election where a 3ed party polled strongly many of the ideas of the 3rd party candidate are enacted into law.

Case on point is Howard Stern's run for Governor of New York. He had exactly three things he ran on.

One way tolls into New York City
Road crews worked at night to speed the flw of traffice during rush hour
Restoration of the death penalty

Stern withdrew at a time when he was polling in the high 30's percentage wise and within a year or two EVERY ONE of his ideas was enacted into law.

Discount the Tea Party at your peril.

They have already been discounted.

The most recent third party that ever actually won anything was George Wallace's American Independent Party in 1968 that won forty some electoral votes.

Long term impact, none.

Short term impact, none.

The party is still around, and still crazy after all these years.

Oh look, a page run by Andrew Breitbart. The same Breitbart that clearly showed "class" and "civility" in his speech in MSN yesterday. :rolleyes:

I find it amusing that there are people who seem to think that the tp'er are an actual distinct party from the republicans.

The tp'ers will run into reality when the people realize that the cuts will affect them directly and they won't like it. Welcome to politics.

I find it amusing that there are people who seem to think that the tp'er are an actual distinct party from the republicans.

The tp'ers will run into reality when the people realize that the cuts will affect them directly and they won't like it. Welcome to politics.
Love the quote from the Tea Party rally on the run-up to the 2010 elections:

"Keep your government hands off my Medicare"

medicare.jpg

What I find amusing is the fools on the left believe the Tea party is made up of Republicans.
You should look into the makeup of the Tea Party and shockingly you will find out its comprised of Democrats,Republicans and Independents...and Blacks too.... :eek:

The Tea Party already realizes if there aren't any changes to the present way of doing things, that there won't be anything for anybody. You that naive?

Welcome to the real world of politics.

Love the quote from the Tea Party rally on the run-up to the 2010 elections:

"Keep your government hands off my Medicare"

medicare.jpg

Obviously you are unaware Obama cut 500 billion from medicare for his HC package, and that's what the sign is all about Dude.

Wake up, federal benefits and wages are next on the block.

You can debate the sophistication and relative intelligence of Tea party members all you like.

There is no "Intelligence Test" in order to vote in this country. So it's of no consequence that a citizen may not know that Medicare IS socialized Medicine.

What is of consequence is that the individual has become politically active and doesn't like what he/she sees happening in the United States. What upsets the establishment is that the Tea Party has served notice that business as usual has come to an end for better or worse.

Reactions: 2 people
People like Rand Paul, Michele Bachman and a host of others in the new Freshman class frighten the feces out of BOTH parties. NEVER forget that.

Don't kidd yourself, Rand Paul and Micelle Bachman are like any other politician.

I disagree 777, Bachmann is special. Very very special.

See Also: Craziest Michele Bachmann Quotes Ever

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president, April 28, 2009

"That's why people need to continue to go to the town halls, continue to melt the phone lines of their liberal members of Congress, and let them know, under no certain circumstances will I give the government control over my body and my health care decisions." -Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), a pro-lifer who completely missed the irony of using the same slogan as the pro-choice movement in arguing against health care reform

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, Oct. 2006

A woman (Terri Shivo) was healthy. There was bran damage, there was no question. But from a health point of view, she was not terminally ill.

'[Pelosi] is committed to her global warming fanaticism to the point where she has said she has even said she is trying to save the planet. We all know that someone did that 2,000 years ago.''

''I think there is a point where you say enough is enough to government intrusion. …Does the federal government really need to know our phone numbers?''

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''

''Normalization (of gayness) through desensitization. Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders, is take a picture of 'The Lion King' for instance, and a teacher might say, 'Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?' The message is: I'm better at what I do, because I'm gay.''

''This is an earthquake issue. This will change our state forever. Because the immediate consequence, if gay marriage goes through, is that K-12 little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal, natural and perhaps they should try it.''

“Carbon dioxide is natural, it is not harmful, it is a part of Earth's lifecycle. And yet we're being told that we have to reduce this natural substance, reduce the American standard of living, to create an arbitrary reduction in something that is naturally occuring in Earth.”

“The President of the United States will be taking a trip over to India that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day.”

“I just take the Bible for what it is, I guess, and recognize that I am not a scientist, not trained to be a scientist. I'm not a deep thinker on all of this. I wish I was. I wish I was more knowledgeable, but I'm not a scientist.”

“It isn’t that some gay will get some rights. It’s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.”

On the gay community and same-sex marriage: “This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.

And so people have to make this call now. They have to go to mn.voter.com, they need to contact in particular their Senator, and they need to demand that the people be allowed to vote on this in November (of 2004). Because otherwise, our children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and that perhaps they should try it, and that’ll be very soon in our public schools all across the state, beginning in kindergarten.

“Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.”