Organizing drives to oust the IAM 141

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
Since Perseverance asked, I decided to give a report on organizing activity on the ramp.

It is true, the IBT and IBEW are heavily interested in relieving fleet service of the IAmManagement union.
I can't speak for the IBEW but IMO I think their card drive will commence 'shortly', probably within one week.

I can speak for the IBT. There is a Teamster organizing committee established across the system. To be sure, I'm on the IBT organizing committee in ORD to sign up IAM members there. I haven't put cards out in ORD but my understanding is that other Teamster organizing committees have cards and cards are being signed at 'many' stations. The outlook is very favorable and about what was expected due to the IAM negligence and neglected relationship with its members.

However, since the IAM is already spreading lies, there are some housekeeping matters that need addressing in question form, along with other questions.

1. Jeff Hayden said "What I do know is that we negotiated the best agreement that we could."
So why get rid of the IAM?
First off the IAM did not negotiate anything, they took what was already negotiated. Bottom line.

Second, the IAM NEVER ONCE FLEXED any muscle and that is why they didn't get squat. For instance, there was no safety campaign at all. When the company was in negotiations with the IAM and jerking the IAM around with this inequitable contract, Canale should have looked to Hayden and said, "Jeff, did you make that phone call to PHL yet and remind them to work safe?" No call was made, no solidarity displayed, NOTHING. In fact over 13 years, the IAM has done nothing, not flexed any muscle, not involved the masses at all, NEVER. Instead the IAM decided to throw away benefits of the west, throw 19 stations under the bus, throw profit sharing and COC in Parker's trash can and commit other treasons against the worker. The IAM already told us it negotiated the best it could, you deserve better and a change is required.

2. Why not just change the leadership?
It is easier to get a new union than to change the district leadership of the IAM. To change the leadership you would need Aloha, hawaiin, United, US AIRWAYS, and PHilipian airlines members to vote for someone. That's why you are stuck with the deadwood at the top.

3. The IAM $100,000 club members and others who are 'close' to becoming $100,000 club members are saying that the east will lose its change of Control grievance if the IBT gets in, is this true?

It's a lie. In fact the opposite is true, i.e., if you keep the IAM, the COC will be at risk.
The IAM operates on fear because it can't stand on its performance. The facts are that the IAM is the organization that attempted to void your arbitration and agreed with Parker to toss it in Parker's garbage can. It did it once and it will do it again, maybe even after an award is granted. The only way to protect your COC is to eliminate the IAM. You already know where they stand on the issue and it isn't with your COC. Remember, they didn't want to arbitrate and you can still expect Canale's boss, Parker, to try to stretch out any award in hopes of another 'deal' with the I am Management union. They talk a good game but their actions already proved its positon. If you change unions, all grievances are picked up by the surviving union, including the COC and administering its possible reward. Remember, the IAM doesn't even talk about your possible back pay so don't expect them to even fight for what you are already owed. They don't tell you how much the COC is worth, nothing, the IAM is not on your side, it's on Union Boss Parker's side.

3. The IAM is saying if we change unions that that will set back negotiations another couple years, is this true? That is a lie. The only thing setting back negotiations is the IAM. All you would be doing is firing and replacing who bargains for you. Your new representation is duty bound to enforce the present condition. The IAM actually failed in this with the west. The IAM has failed in every way and failed to negotiate section 6 for the westies for 18 months even though the TWU already had agreed to several articles in its section 6 negotiations, those negotiatiations came to a halt when the IAM decided with Parker that it is best to transition the west by throwing all the westies benefits under the bus. Even at a time when the company has the highest profit margin in the entire industry.

4. The IAM is saying that any organizing drive can result in the majority of workers not voting for union?
If a majority of workers don't vote then that is true, but the only ones talking about that is the IAM. The truth is that workers everywhere don't trust Parker and know his game. This is a situation where workers realize nobody is representing them now and they are signing cards to gain representation. Further, I'm quite sure that the IBT will not petition the NMB unless it has the support of 70% of the craft.

5. Members of the $100,000 club and those wannabe's are saying 'now isn't the time', is this true?
NOW IS THE TIME. One thing is clear, the IAm is deadwood and has provided incompetent and inadequate negotiations. The only way to burn deadwood is by turning up the heat. Competiton is always good and it starts by signing cards. Get IBT signups in your station and give the IAM a hankerchief. Remember, the IBT and IBEW are here because of the IAM.

[email protected]

regards,

The COC (change of control) Will be locked up in court for a long LONG Time! You Can Take That And Only That To The Bank. Some Of Us Out West Have Known This A Long Time, Just As The IBT Said. :shock: Have A Nice IBT DAY! :lol:

Tim-
Thanks for shedding some light on this . Now we need some good discussion
and good conversation about this. I know alot of us are looking for a change and
I personally believe we need one. Tim is right in that its easier to seek and get new
representation than to change the current establishment. They for the lack of the better
words ''got fat and happy''. This is all happening sooner than I expected but I guess
that shows how disguisted the fleet is. I will support any change as long as its' in the
right direction, and I hope we all know we must vote for representation...we must vote.
If this is what the company and the IAM (who's suppose to have our back) brought back
can you imagine what the company would give us if we don't stay represented....THINK
and ask QUESTIONS !!

Thanks

Tim-
Thanks for shedding some light on this . Now we need some good discussion
and good conversation about this. I know alot of us are looking for a change and
I personally believe we need one. Tim is right in that its easier to seek and get new
representation than to change the current establishment. They for the lack of the better
words ''got fat and happy''. This is all happening sooner than I expected but I guess
that shows how disguisted the fleet is. I will support any change as long as its' in the
right direction, and I hope we all know we must vote for representation...we must vote.
If this is what the company and the IAM (who's suppose to have our back) brought back
can you imagine what the company would give us if we don't stay represented....THINK
and ask QUESTIONS !!

Thanks
yes, it started sooner than expected. But workers want to sign up and were begging. Anyways, it started.

regards,

Armideo will bust your head if you bad mouth him and the 110K membership. He has kids to support, private school education is expensive!

Well at least we now the see the true colors of all you guys who so loudly protested the T/A.
Your just a bunch of IAM haters.
Guys I have news for you all unions are alike they all have agendas. If you think for one minute that throwing out the IAM will make it all better get real.
What you will do is if we loose is we will be employees at will and than look out.
From what I understand for all you who dont know Tim has been the ring leader of IAM ouster for many years it seems to be his mission in life so now he sees this as another oppertunity.
Why dont you guys just get involved and make changes and see where we can go from here
replacing a union is very difficult I would much rather make sure are representives work for us.
They have seen the vote now lets make them get us more.

I guess it is time for Timmy to start his own union again and make himself and Mike Pruitt Grand Poobas once again.

Gonna try for the fourth time?

Bad move right now ! Tim should work even harder for the IAM ramp employees right now and remain IAM. The "Unions" are all the same but just a different name. Work with what you have and make it stronger. Tim has mad a difference already.

Tim is just bitter as the IAM saved his job when he urged all Fleet at US to do an illegal job action posted on "The Big Picture" web page.

Then when he started his own union for the second time, he was convicted of dual unionism and was removed from his position of grievance committteman.

I wonder how many conventions or dl 141 functions he attended that he now berates?

I wouldn't bash Tim on his past performances. He truly shows he care but has had a different radical approach. At least give him credit for not giving up. Seems his heart is in the right place and maybe his past failures has made him see that the only way he can show his strength is to stick with IAM for now and hold it responsible for all future ventures it may take. For Tim to try to push another union I agree would be another failure and he doesn't want to go down that road again. I rather enjoy reading how he is exposing the top players who think they can bamboozle and he is in the lead. Remember Hayden, the weakest link for Iam bargaining had to close down his thread because of Tim....

Like filing short of cards and causing a bar and then US Air imposed concessions on fleet and csa?

Like trying to sell his name list to the IBT for a job?

Like trying to get a job with the TWU until the DFW TWU local President informed the PHX pres about Timmy trying to raid the AA Fleet Service with his made up AGW union?

Well at least we now the see the true colors of all you guys who so loudly protested the T/A.
Your just a bunch of IAM haters.
Guys I have news for you all unions are alike they all have agendas. If you think for one minute that throwing out the IAM will make it all better get real.
What you will do is if we loose is we will be employees at will and than look out.
From what I understand for all you who dont know Tim has been the ring leader of IAM ouster for many years it seems to be his mission in life so now he sees this as another oppertunity.
Why dont you guys just get involved and make changes and see where we can go from here
replacing a union is very difficult I would much rather make sure are representives work for us.
They have seen the vote now lets make them get us more.

Henderfuzz,

To add legitimacy to your posts and to show that your ideas are more than pontification, why don't
you give us an insight to the credential you bring as a leader.

1. What offices have you held?

2. Do you intend to run for any offices?

3. Have you read the 141 Bylaws?

4. Have you read the IAMAW constitution?

5. Are you familiar with the NMB rules?

6. Are you familiar with the LMRDA?

7. Have you attended even one local lodge meeting?

Answers to these questions would add legitimacy to what some members view as baseless rants.

Thanks,

Like filing short of cards and causing a bar and then US Air imposed concessions on fleet and csa?

Like trying to sell his name list to the IBT for a job?

Like trying to get a job with the TWU until the DFW TWU local President informed the PHX pres about Timmy trying to raid the AA Fleet Service with his made up AGW union?
Are you finished...............?you sound like a broken record...a bad Michael Jackson record

Well sorry if the truth hurts, but that is reality and that is whom you are dealing with.

I'd tread very carefully here as U fleet has a rather poor track record of getting enough votes when it really counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.