Osama's House of Horrors

local 12 proud

Veteran
Mar 5, 2004
Apparently the Abu Ghraib prison abuses are more newsworthy. :down:

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=28544

ABC, CBS and NBC – as well as the major daily national newspapers – the New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune and the LA Times – finds not a single mention of the al-Qaeda torture manual.

This raises an important question: what stories did the American people miss during the decades-long media establishment hegemony and how would our country have responded if it had been fully informed? There may be no way of every knowing.

Apparently the Abu Ghraib prison abuses are more newsworthy. :down:

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=28544

I understand and agree with your point; this should have been in the news. If nothing else, it would inform the people... at most, it would gain support for Bush's quest.

But this should be comforting to us. "News" should be something that is new; something that we don't all already know. I was assuming that most people expect and know that al-queda tortures people, so it is not all that "new". But, when it comes to the UNITED STATES, most people do not think that WE commit torture or abuses. Thus, the fact that Abu Ghraib was in the news, shold reiterate the fact that it was "new" and not a typical scenario for the US.

when it comes to the UNITED STATES, most people do not think that WE commit torture or abuses. Thus, the fact that Abu Ghraib was in the news, shold reiterate the fact that it was "new" and not a typical scenario for the US.

Yea they got it rough, three squares that are muslim approved, a bed, shower (even though they rarely find use of it), exercise room, prayer rug, copy of the Koran etc...

My heart aches for those poor mistreated Bastad's :angry:

Two weeks ago, the BBC published a hand-wringing article, “US detainee mentally torturedâ€￾, about the horrors described by Majid Khan, an al-Qaeda operative imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay who was planning to conduct terrorist operations inside the US.

And what exactly were the horrible conditions and “mental torturesâ€￾ that Mr. Khan was subject to? I’ll let the Beeb tell you:

Mr Khan complained about how US guards had taken away pictures of his daughter, given him new glasses with the wrong prescription, shaved his beard off, forcibly fed him when he went on hunger strike, and denied him the opportunity for recreation. :lol:

This led him to attempt to chew through his artery twice, Mr Khan said.

Later, Mr Khan produced a list of further examples of psychological torture, which included the provision of "cheap, branded, unscented soap", the prison newsletter, noisy fans and half-inflated balls in the recreation room that "hardly bounce". :(

Unscented soap and half-inflated basketballs. Oh, the humanity! Someone call John Murtha! But gouging out eyeballs, drilling into skulls and blow torches applied directly to human skin by Mr. Khan’s al-Qaeda associates have thus far been too unimportant for the BBC to mention.

Sensationalism in media coverage only makes its due if it makes a certain President look bad.....remember...White House at all costs!
Indeed...It worked for Bush who brought 'respectabilty' back to the white house after the right did their level best to make a certain president look bad.....

Indeed...It worked for Bush who brought 'respectabilty' back to the white house after the right did their level best to make a certain president look bad.....

Yes I guess W did bring respect back to the White House.Thank you for noting that.Wonder what it was that Bill had problems with? Can his 'respect' issues pare with 'W'? Media pounces for staff issues,departmental problems don't seem to be on the same plane as sexual misconduct,misuse of FBI,improper investments,shady campaign contributions,technology to China,etc,etc,etc.

And then you have the audacity to try to compare Bush to Clinton? You live in a dream world where all these aforementioned improprieties were glossed over by the mostly Dem media....and you know i'm right.

The ‘free love’ tree hugging buffoons still believe in the ‘live and let live’ theology and do not understand the mindset of the enemy (if they are even cognizant that there is one). The controlling class ($$$) doesn’t have a problem with it all as they are unaffected. Their ‘social’ class does not act like the barbarian heathens that we will have to live with. If one believes that ‘any’ oligarchic/aristocrat gives a tinkers damn about patriotism/nationalism and doing the ‘right thing’ for the people that ‘elected’ them, then it is based on an unproven and misguided reality.

It isn’t a Dem or a Repub thing, it’s a power/money thing. Under our ‘conservative’ elected government, our spending is out of control and the deficit is so great, it may never be paid off until we part the country out to the Chinese. We can’t go to war over the default as much of our military/technological equipment is made overseas.

B) :rant:

Very well put...UAL TECH !

As usual, the (successful) answer lies somewhere in the middle (a "centrist")

The problem with the GOP, is their INTOLLORANT attitude towards "centrists".

The slogan...."Yer either wif us, or agin' us", comes to mind often. I'll forever, and always remember how the "right wing nut" christian fanatics(SC) took a FLAME THROWER to John MCCain in 2000'.

(Using the old theory of: "If it LOOKS like a DUCK, WALKS like a DUCK, and QUACKS like a DUCK....IT'S A DUCK), then the following things will be FOREVER true.

1. REAL UNION men/women DON'T vote Republican.

And

2. The 2 MOST DANGEROUS things in the USA are....Religious FANATICS(99.9% NEVER Jews, or real peace seeking Muslims)....and...BLIND PATRIOTS !!!!

In summary, maybe thats why the very very few(registered) INDEPENDENT politicians, vote the Majority of the time, with the Democrats.
(Something to do with...."the lesser of 2 evils" thing, I guess)

NH/BB's

. . . The problem with the GOP, is their INTOLLORANT attitude towards "centrists" . . .

Yeah, I suppose that anyone who says "get a job, take responsibility for yourself, and keep government off of my back" is pretty damned intollerant.

There's not a thing wrong with coming from either side of the political or social spectrum. It comes down to individual integrity and character and the ability to interact thoughtfully with all sorts of people and situations.

The biggest myth in America is that the liberals, who have always self-rightiously claimed the moral and intellectual high ground are the folks who are most intollerant ( full of sh*t is a better way to put it). They assume that their ideas and their values are the mantra of humanity. Hence they negate anyone and anything who speaks differently.

In an odd way, there's more to be said for that 0.1% relgious fanatic, either those who push creationism over science or those who fly planes into buildings in quest of 72 virgins to rape in heaven. They are at least being earnest and true to themselves.

Of course a true centrist society would understand that it is possible to have a dialog with the former while still getting on with life. A centrist society would also recognize that the later is a (rare) instance of evil that must be dealt with by any means necessary. In America, the liberals stomp their feet and scream until blue in the face while demonizing the individual who is the ( temporary ) resident of the office of the Executive -- that's Prez for those who don't want to acknowledge that America has one of those at the moment.

Of course this intollerance towards the office of the Executive is what has emboldended those Islamic reactionaries to hang in there as they pick off our guys and gals who fight for their country. Thanks Nancy & Hillary for your liberal patriotism.

Barry

. . . The problem with the GOP, is their INTOLLORANT attitude towards "centrists" . . .

Yeah, I suppose that anyone who says "get a job, take responsibility for yourself, and keep government off of my back" is pretty damned intollerant.

There's not a thing wrong with coming from any side of the political or social spectrum. It comes down to individual integrity and character and the ability to interact with all sorts of people and situations.

The biggest myth in America is that the liberals, who have always self-rightiously claimed the moral and intellectual high ground are the folks who are most intollerant ( full of sh*t is a better way to put it). They assume that their ideas and their values are the mantra of humanity and hence they negate anyone and anything which speaks differently.

In an odd way, there's more to be said for that 0.1% relgious fanatic, either those who push creationism over science or those who fly planes into buildings in quest of 72 virgins to rape in heaven. They are at least earnest and true to themselves.

Of course a true centrist society would understand that it is possible to have a dialog with the former while still getting on with life. A centrist society would also recognize that the later is a (rare) instance of evil that must be dealt with by any means necessary. In America, the liberals stomp their feet and scream until blue in the face while demonizing the individual who is the ( temporary ) resident of the office of the Executive -- that's Prez for those who don't want to acknowledge that America has one of those at the moment.

Of course this intollerance towards the office of the Executive is what has emboldended those Islamic reactionaries to hang in their as they pick off our guys and gals who fight for their country. Thanks Nancy & Hillary for your liberal patriotism.

Barry

B) UT

Of course this intollerance towards the office of the Executive is what has emboldended those Islamic reactionaries to hang in there as they pick off our guys and gals who fight for their country. Thanks Nancy & Hillary for your liberal patriotism.

Barry
You know...prior to 2003, the word "embolden" very rarely ever was seen or heard in the US. Has kind of a nice ring to it...EMBOLDEN. And while there is an intolerance towards the office of the chief executive, it could be argued that a very similar intolerance of a former chief executive may well have EMBOLDENED the Islamic reactionaries to step up their plans for an attack on the US, since the Congress was so busy digging into the deal of a white house blow job...I mean, while Congress was intent of getting a DNA sample off a blue dress...and while the conservative right wing was busy searching for the dirt du jour on the sitting president...and would have viewed any steps by that sitting president to thwart the plans of those Islamic revolutionaries as just another tactic to divert the countries attention from the more pressing matter of oral sex in the white house...those same revolutionaries were certainly emboldened to take their planning out of the caves of Afghanistan and move them to flight schools in the USA.

"Centrist" implies compromise. The sitting president knows nothing of compromise. Bob Dole was viewed as the "pit bull" of the Republican party....but one thing Dole understood was that there HAS to be compromise. Today, his own party would most likely call him a "flip flopper".

You know...prior to 2003, the word "embolden" very rarely ever was seen or heard in the US. Has kind of a nice ring to it...EMBOLDEN. And while there is an intolerance towards the office of the chief executive, it could be argued that a very similar intolerance of a former chief executive may well have EMBOLDENED the Islamic reactionaries to step up their plans for an attack on the US, since the Congress was so busy digging into the deal of a white house blow job...I mean, while Congress was intent of getting a DNA sample off a blue dress...and while the conservative right wing was busy searching for the dirt du jour on the sitting president...and would have viewed any steps by that sitting president to thwart the plans of those Islamic revolutionaries as just another tactic to divert the countries attention from the more pressing matter of oral sex in the white house...those same revolutionaries were certainly emboldened to take their planning out of the caves of Afghanistan and move them to flight schools in the USA.

"Centrist" implies compromise. The sitting president knows nothing of compromise. Bob Dole was viewed as the "pit bull" of the Republican party....but one thing Dole understood was that there HAS to be compromise. Today, his own party would most likely call him a "flip flopper".

Isn't this just a little out of context?
:p

Isn't this just a little out of context?
:p
Not at all. The right whines and moans how the left is "so intolerant" of Bush. Yet they fail to see that for 8 years, their "support" of Clinton was non-existant. At least many on the left loathe Bush for his handling (or mishandling) of the war. The right was looking into real estate deals...accusing the president and his wife of complicity in the murder of Vince Foster...claiming Clinton was running a drug operation out of Little Rock...digging into a "scandal" in the White House travel office...and of course....investigating the potential compromise of national security while an intern had her mouth around the national member. Just look at what's been leveled at Bush over the past few years and compare that to what was leveled at Clinton during his term. And you betcha, if I were an islamic reactionary, I would have loved every minute of Clinton's term because the country was so damn focused on scandal or potential scandal that they could make all their plans and the Congress of the US could care less....there were more pressing matters at hand.

Not at all. The right whines and moans how the left is "so intolerant" of Bush. Yet they fail to see that for 8 years, their "support" of Clinton was non-existant. At least many on the left loathe Bush for his handling (or mishandling) of the war. The right was looking into real estate deals...accusing the president and his wife of complicity in the murder of Vince Foster...claiming Clinton was running a drug operation out of Little Rock...digging into a "scandal" in the White House travel office...and of course....investigating the potential compromise of national security while an intern had her mouth around the national member. Just look at what's been leveled at Bush over the past few years and compare that to what was leveled at Clinton during his term. And you betcha, if I were an islamic reactionary, I would have loved every minute of Clinton's term because the country was so damn focused on scandal or potential scandal that they could make all their plans and the Congress of the US could care less....there were more pressing matters at hand.

Sorry,

Caught me with my pants down... :p

KC,

Political drift , intellectual indifference ( dumbing down ), and lack of leadership better describe the recent events that you eqaute with an emboldened GOP or contemporary society's "rightful" reaction to Mr. Bush.

Clinton was too busy getting his rod cleaned to take decisive steps about al Qaeda at the WTC, in Africa, or the Cole (leadership), the GOP and Dems took turns turning the political volume up and down with fruitless investigations ( drift ), and post 9-11, President Bush breaks the chain by standing up to demonstrate leadership and an American committment to utilizing the power that we legitimately hold.

Of course this leadership rocks the boat of interest groups on all sides of the equation. Europe was apopleptic because a real decision and commitment was required by it and in the end, Europe, with the exception of the UK, Spain, and east Europe behaved as expected. < though in fairness, let me say that Messers Clinton and Blair did (belatedly ) act in Bosnia while Paris and Bonn whacked off >.

And Iraq is admittedly FUBARed, but not because the mission was wrong -- it simply got f*cked up like so many things do in history. But evil is evil under any circumstance, and this is why this entire Iraq al Qaeda thing won't simply evaporate and go away like the liberal media, the dems, and certain cowards in Europe would like it to. Why? Because to admit this is to give credo to President Bush's gut instinct to act decisively ( albeit all FUBARed up ).

So who is emboldened and who is disingenuous? The cards are gonna fall where they will no matter how much the dems, or Brussels, or al Qaeda and Syria and Iran try to rig the game.

Barry

Latest posts