Other Airline Forums are Duds

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
The Capital of the World
Visit site
After the UAL dispatch computer fiasco, I thought I would check out their forum to see what had happened. There was one thread (started by Art) with a few lukewarm responses.

And it appears that the US forum has about 10x as many posts as the nearest competitor.

What is it about this airline that gets everybody so riled up and verbose? The others have been through their bankruptcies and dramas, but 1/10 as much?

Or are we just such techno-wizards that we can use this computer/internet tool so much more easily and effectively? (tongue-in-cheek comment, btw)

It's no wonder that we get a fair amount of comments from posters at other airlines. This is the only forum with life and spice. The others are downright BORING!

After the UAL dispatch computer fiasco, I thought I would check out their forum to see what had happened. There was one thread (started by Art) with a few lukewarm responses.

And it appears that the US forum has about 10x as many posts as the nearest competitor.

What is it about this airline that gets everybody so riled up and verbose? The others have been through their bankruptcies and dramas, but 1/10 as much?

Or are we just such techno-wizards that we can use this computer/internet tool so much more easily and effectively? (tongue-in-cheek comment, btw)

It's no wonder that we get a fair amount of comments from posters at other airlines. This is the only forum with life and spice. The others are downright BORING!
Don't read too much into the numbers, they are skewed. This forum has one dude [700uw] that posted like 35,000 times over 5 or so years with 3 different handles. What's mind boggling is he sez he left US AIRWAYS for greener pastures. I'd hate to be his new employer paying him while he post like 50 times a day at the old employer who he divorced himself from. He alone makes up close to 20% of the postings here.

regards,

I guess we're a bunch of chatty cathies!
:lol:

A cursory glance at the top 10 posters shows that 7 of them are either active or former US employees or flyers...

...add to that a very vocal FF group that no other carrier can match...

...stir in OAL folks like myself who drifted over when they could hear crickets chirping on their own boards...

..add a pinch of other carriers being more active on other boards (CO employees are quite active on www.airlinecrew.net, eg)...

And there you go.

I'd hate to be his new employer paying him while he post like 50 times a day at the old employer who he divorced himself from. He alone makes up close to 20% of the postings here.

regards,

How do you know he needs to work? Perhaps he is on a beach somewhere, posting from his laptop!

Don't read too much into the numbers, they are skewed. This forum has one dude [700uw] that posted like 35,000 times over 5 or so years with 3 different handles. What's mind boggling is he sez he left US AIRWAYS for greener pastures. I'd hate to be his new employer paying him while he post like 50 times a day at the old employer who he divorced himself from. He alone makes up close to 20% of the postings here.

regards,
Never had that many posts, and I post from home, dont have internet accsess at work.

So try again.

So 700uw posts about 8 times a day. I guess it doesn't seem like that much when you break it down like that. ;)

You have to admit its great entertainment and a good news/gossip source. Its like getting your news from The Daily Show.

MANY MANY more people view this site daily but dont sign up or post than you can imagine.... youd be surprised how many people read our nonsense!