Our Labor Attorneys

AV1

Advanced
Oct 12, 2010
Are the attorneys in the court dispute in our best interest? I understand the lead attorneys also represented the IAM in the merger between AA and TWA. We all know how that worked out. Right, wrong or otherwise, I don't think that was a stellar performance. They were also the attorneys for the IAM representing the workers when employed by TWA. We all know how that worked out with their pensions, etc. Seriously, why do we have the same attorneys that really hasn't done anything spectacular other than give away. Just my thoughts, I may be wrong. Why haven't the attorneys for the pilots and flight attendants gave in yet? Just saying.

Are the attorneys in the court dispute in our best interest? I understand the lead attorneys also represented the IAM in the merger between AA and TWA. We all know how that worked out. Right, wrong or otherwise, I don't think that was a stellar performance. They were also the attorneys for the IAM representing the workers when employed by TWA. We all know how that worked out with their pensions, etc. Seriously, why do we have the same attorneys that really hasn't done anything spectacular other than give away. Just my thoughts, I may be wrong. Why haven't the attorneys for the pilots and flight attendants gave in yet? Just saying.

Not to beat a dead horse but we were not represented by the IAM and there were no negotiations...I would run from anything that has IAM attached. Unions are all like sororities and fraternities.....it is ALL about the dues.

Reactions: 2 people
In my opinion it's something of a tossup - the attorneys are necessary but probably helpless to effect the outcome much if any, and they really represent the union more than they do the individual employees so at best they're only as good for the employees individually as the union is. If you're happy with how your union represents you, you should be happy with how the lawyers represent your union. If you're not happy with your union you probably won't be happy with the lawyers either.

Jim

Reactions: 1 person
Not to beat a dead horse but we were not represented by the IAM and there were no negotiations...I would run from anything that has IAM attached. Unions are all like sororities and fraternities.....it is ALL about the dues.
Point made.

The AFL-CIO sleepover club is working to save their revenue stream.

Sororities and fraternities, indeed - those groups aren't quite as parasitic.