Outside, Looking In...

safety stud

Senior
Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
Well folks, It's been 9 months since I left. Has anything changed for you. Nope...
The bickering, the he said, she said...
The shrinking of PIT...
The unbelievable weather...
No COB for the Pilots, F/A's, Mech.,...
Nothing... Nothing at all...

You see, some time in your life, you will ask yourself, is there anything more... Is this it...
I did that, and am the better for it...
There is lots to be said for sleeping in your own bed everyday...
Eating normal, Sleeping normal, Not having to worry about a commute...

I used to think being with the airline was the do all end all...
It is not... It is just what you get used to...
Dont ever let this be the only thing in the world you base your entire life on...
With the economy going back in the dumps, price of gas soaring, stagnent prices for everyday goods....
Life will change for you... I guarantee you...
You will hit that point and say... That's it... I'm done... See ya, Wouldn't want to be ya...

When that happens...
embrase it, don't fear it...

There is life after the airline...

Just my opinion...

Reactions: 1 person
You are so right. I can't believe they shrunk PIT. The flights were always full and it is the model for future airports for years to come. Debbie, Gloria and I always shed a tear as we walk by all of the empty gates. It should be the gateway to Europe, South America, Asia, and Franklin City, PA.

Well folks, It's been 9 months since I left. Has anything changed for you. Nope...
The bickering, the he said, she said...
The shrinking of PIT...
The unbelievable weather...
No COB for the Pilots, F/A's, Mech.,...
Nothing... Nothing at all...

You see, some time in your life, you will ask yourself, is there anything more... Is this it...
I did that, and am the better for it...
There is lots to be said for sleeping in your own bed everyday...
Eating normal, Sleeping normal, Not having to worry about a commute...

I used to think being with the airline was the do all end all...
It is not... It is just what you get used to...
Dont ever let this be the only thing in the world you base your entire life on...
With the economy going back in the dumps, price of gas soaring, stagnent prices for everyday goods....
Life will change for you... I guarantee you...
You will hit that point and say... That's it... I'm done... See ya, Wouldn't want to be ya...

When that happens...
embrase it, don't fear it...

There is life after the airline...

Just my opinion...

You got it right enjoy..
My old man retired EAL early... thank goodness.... he was 55 and he kept B fund and annuity!
Enjoy!

You got it right enjoy..
My old man retired EAL early... thank goodness.... he was 55 and he kept B fund and annuity!
Enjoy!
Mine retired EAL early as well. 58 in early 1989. If my 2nd endeavor ever takes off, I'm gone. Why not enjoy 2 careers.

You are so right. I can't believe they shrunk PIT. The flights were always full and it is the model for future airports for years to come. Debbie, Gloria and I always shed a tear as we walk by all of the empty gates. It should be the gateway to Europe, South America, Asia, and Franklin City, PA.
Surely You jest. Pittsburgh being a Gateway to the World is as likely as finding Stellar Management in The Desert. Bring out the Salmon Pink Linens already. And while You are at it "Where in the hell did the calzones Go?". GOD Help Us!

Surely You jest. Pittsburgh being a Gateway to the World is as likely as finding Stellar Management in The Desert. Bring out the Salmon Pink Linens already. And while You are at it "Where in the hell did the calzones Go?". GOD Help Us!

Sometimes it is funnier when some one doesn't get the joke.