Outsourced Stations

jimcfs

Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Athens, WV
www.cfld.com
Does anyone have (or point me to) a list of stations where gate or ramp service has been outsourced? The ILM thread has me curious for a number of reasons.

TIA.

here is a partial list: abe, mdt, gso, orf, ric, alb, roc, iah, den,phx, san, sea, atl this is all i can think of right now hope it helps abe is finished at end of day june 5th 2005. piedmont airlines is taking over gso, abe, and mdt beginning the 6th of jun. for experienced usair employees, pi will pay 10.66 an hr. pending a review, you the employee could get a merit raise as high as 6% or as low 2%. top out is 12.50 depending on the yrs of service and if you get the raises. start pay is 7.84 for an outsider.

jimcfs said:
Does anyone have (or point me to) a list of stations where gate or ramp service has been outsourced? The ILM thread has me curious for a number of reasons.

TIA.
[post="261295"][/post]​
In the first phase of the transition beginning next month, vendors will assume the work done at seven airports, representing about 200 Fleet Service Agents. The airports are Albany, Atlanta, Denver, Houston, Norfolk, Richmond and Rochester.

In the second phase, vendors will take over fleet service responsibilities for another 400 workers at 19 additional airports, including: Allentown; Charleston, S.C.; Cleveland; Greensboro; Detroit; Harrisburg; Kansas City; Milwaukee; Minneapolis/St. Paul; Myrtle Beach; Nashville; Pensacola; Phoenix; Portland, Me.; San Diego; Seattle; Syracuse; Washington Dulles and Wilmington, N.C. Specific dates will be announced over the next several weeks, but the phase two reduction in work force will be completed no later than June 30.

Ok. Thanks for the list... didn't give me the answers I was looking for so...

My real question is what about Newport News? Is it still a PI (or other express) station?

I'm asking because a friend of mine had a story of a bad situation going through there last Sunday. I wanted to see if I could explain any of by some of the folks being temps.

This is what the employees wanted ,they voted for this . Nothing to cry about,Oct 2004 1113 contract calls for all stations mainline express
on the ramps and about 10 cities mainline but the ramp guys voted this
piece of crap in so they could go to work for jetstream,worldwide,piedmont,psa,fss,fbo's,primeflight and any other
private contractor that u can get to due their ramp workfor less than what mainline express would have paid. I wouldnt want any of these people who voted for this balancing mu check book.

What makes you think that the members is the small Stations were the ones who
"Voted" this contract in? It is just the opposite, with the Hub and larger Stations holding 68% of the eligable Voters. Why do you think that the Company added
PVD & BDL to the Class 1 list days before the vote took place? As we all know the contract only needed 51% to pass, as it did. Nobody in a Class 1 Station cared/cares about the small stations being Expressed or Outsourced.

As far as PHF, they have been Express for many years now. I believe that it has always been a PI (Henson) Express Station since Mainline left.

28yrsnojob said:
This is what the employees wanted ,they voted for this . Nothing to cry about,Oct 2004 1113 contract calls for all stations mainline express
on the ramps and about 10 cities mainline but the ramp guys voted this
piece of crap in so they could go to work for jetstream,worldwide,piedmont,psa,fss,fbo's,primeflight and any other
private contractor that u can get to due their ramp workfor less than what mainline express would have paid. I wouldnt want any of these people who voted for this balancing mu check book.
[post="261828"][/post]​

and you were one of the ones that voted yes to this stupid contract and yes/no for the strike? i work in a small city and i voted no twice. why in the hell would i vote myself outta a job when we all know that these small cities were sacrificed for the hubs such as phl and then only to add pvd and bdl to class 1 cities at the last second??? i am willing to bet that all of the small cities no only to have the hubs turni it down and they could careless about the ones in the small cities