Outsourcing And The Twu

Jan 26, 2004

The twu seems to be so worried about how much outsourcing everyone else does and yet our contract at AA has no caps/limits. What gives?? Looks like we are one bad relationship from losing our work at AA. Might as well figure work OSM's do as outsourced work also. Probably alot better deal for AA!! twu had the same relationship at Zebco that they have at AA. Under the twu's watch, Zebco's work went where?? twu you have zero room to talk about having jobs outsourced. Atleast AMFA has something to arbitrate, more than I can say for the twu.
Sorry twu, your days are numbered.........AMFA NOW

Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:

The twu seems to be so worried about how much outsourcing everyone else does and yet our contract at AA has no caps/limits. What gives?? Looks like we are one bad relationship from losing our work at AA. Might as well figure work OSM's do as outsourced work also. Probably alot better deal for AA!! twu had the same relationship at Zebco that they have at AA. Under the twu's watch, Zebco's work went where?? twu you have zero room to talk about having jobs outsourced. Atleast AMFA has something to arbitrate, more than I can say for the twu.
Sorry twu, your days are numbered.........AMFA NOW

What happened to our building cleaners, cabin cleaners, bus drivers, automotive parts, container repair and aircraft wheels? All contracted out! Maybe the TWUs numbers seem low because they have been contracting out a little at a time for years already. The other airlines had to cut deep just to catch up to AA.

The fact is the TWU knew the AMFA drive was coming, they did not know about the AGW. They likely strategized to keep the M&R numbers high-with low wages while giving the other workers the double whammy. They lost wages and heads. Fleet used to outnumber us, now we outnumber them!

Please explain what you are talking about? The TWU has one of the lowest Percentage of Outsourcing in the Industry! Deception and half-truths continue!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like someone has changed the alias to post.

Checking it Out said:
Please explain what you are talking about? The TWU has one of the lowest Percentage of Outsourcing in the Industry! Deception and half-truths continue!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like someone has changed the alias to post.
Well if thats the case its easy to see why. Why outsource if the TWU is willing to cut wages to outsource levels?

Half truths? Cabin service was not contracted out? Then who are those people cleaning our airplanes? They are not AA employees, they may be TWU, I dont know, but they are not AA/TWU and they only make minimum wage.

How about the building cleaners They went out in 95. The people cleaning here are not AA employees either.

We used to repair containers and do wheels here at JFK, both are gone. Thats a fact.

The Employee Bus Drivers here at JFK were also eliminated. Same with the Stores automotive parts position.

If you read our Scope clause in our AA/twu agreement you'll find your facts!! It's right below the sentence where management can do our job whenever necessary.
Thanks for the info Bob. twu the Wal-Mart of our profession??? I believe that's the best description of the twu I've ever heard. I'm sure the Zebco workers would have liked a 38% cap on outsourcing.
Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW

Yo Stop the bus....you so lucky mah boy....AA actually dropped 1% in its' outsourcing last year...thank ya Lord..thank ya Jesus...Did amfa do the same in any of it's many repped airlines...DON'T THINK SO!...HAHAHAHA

Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
If you read our Scope clause in our AA/twu agreement you'll find your facts!! It's right below the sentence where management can do our job whenever necessary.
Thanks for the info Bob. twu the Wal-Mart of our profession??? I believe that's the best description of the twu I've ever heard. I'm sure the Zebco workers would have liked a 38% cap on outsourcing.
Keep the Faith.........AMFA NOW
Thats right "the TWU provides employers the lowest prices in labor every day".

and Bobby..what does amfa provide airline companies....? That's right biggun...the chance to furlough almost 50% of it's union members and the chance to lower the unemployment rate of Singapore. Let's not speak of the BK judge going after UAL retirees medical...thank you amfa....

Yet you dare call the TWU a company union...do the math real quick here Booby...TWU=19% amfa=over 38% which would appear to be the more company minded union there biggun? C'mon now ...ya can answer this in one sentence...I know ya can....HAHAHAHA

PDiddyQuill said:
Yo Stop the bus....you so lucky mah boy....AA actually dropped 1% in its' outsourcing last year...thank ya Lord..thank ya Jesus...Did amfa do the same in any of it's many repped airlines...DON'T THINK SO!...HAHAHAHA

We are back to the size we were before buying TWA. You thank whoever you want ........Our AA/twu contract fails by comparison to all others!!
Tired of being rode hard and put away wet?? Want some respect?? Want a future?? Dump the twu and VOTE AMFA!!!!!!
Keep the Faith.....AMFA NOW!!!
twu..............IN PANIC MODE!!

Here is some numbers for you Dippy!

usatoday-osv-chart-30jun2003.jpg

Bob, why not tell the Building Cleaners and the Wheel and Brake shop they don't exist hers in tulsa?

One thing I do know Amfa set the stage for unlimited Outsourcing and continues at every airline they represent. They are the ones who are fourcing the Majors to change. They are the ones who are feeding the third party Maintenance work force. They are the ones who have allowed third party Maintenance to pick up steam.

If amfa had any guts they would have struck over these issues. Instead they seen the $$$$$ signs and an oppurtunity to funnel millions to outside contractors with no accountability!!!! (MAG$Seham)

What formula is the TWU faithful using to determine outsource percentage?

If you are using the DOL Form41, then tell us, what audit or challenge procedure do you have to verify that the company reporting is honest?

Afterall, they did lie about pension bonuses, we surely don't trust them at their word on Form41?

I am very interested to know the SOURCE of the TWU faithful's claim of a 1% drop in outsource numbers.

The TWU has never applied the NWA/AMFA contract formula to AA outsourcing to obtain a fair and audited comparison. They simply rely on unchallenged and unaudited company reporting as they always have in the past. Of course AA is going to claim a low percentage. But can the TWU really claim AA is honestly reporting the facts?

Let's talk about deception and who is using factual numbers.

CIO, twuer, or anyone else. What is your source and who audits for accuracy?

Tired of being rode hard and put away wet?? Want some respect?? Want a future??
Future? with amfa? amfa is the all time leader in granting NEW FUTURES to amt's. Some are now car mechanics and such with bright NEW FUTURES thanks to amfa and it's infinate wisdom in contract negotiating....HAHAHA

and Davey mah boy..ya know we get our numbers from the R.O. Committee who by the way is involved in returning our work inhouse daily. They are the sole reason our outsourcing dropped 1 %, Ya have one in TULE Davey...give 'em a call if ya like...I believe they are the true source of %'s.

Now go have a wonderful TWU day!