outstations, please be responsible

I am interested in how extensive the west training program is for timatics and intl checkin because it seems as if we are consistently denying pax here in clt for having incorrect docs, but their apis has been entered. If you looked at their passport to enter apis, you should be checking timatic to make sure they are eligible to fly.
This is happening more and more. The hubs are not dumping grounds for pax you cant or dont know how to handle. This is taking up seats and costing money. Not to mention the migraines it is giving me
This is irresponsible and these people are taking up seats on flights that other pax or even nonrevs could have had if we had followed up and done our jobs correctly from checkin on.
Yes, the pax should always know what docs they need but it is our responsibility to ensure they actually have what they need with them.

We are wasting seats, fuel and money sending these pax and their bags back on futile tríps.

This is something completely controllable and avoidable.

We are beginning to send reports so that those agents who sent them from the outstations are accoutable for their actions. The intl planes are taking delays over pos bag match, making our ramp look through a sea of bags for a backpack that someone on the no fly list checked. Why was this person even sent?

Until you have worked above or below the wing of a grossly oversold A330 nearing dep time you have no idea how stressful and frustrating it is to have this happen.

Please, outstations, check your docs because this should not be tolerated.

I also know i spelled responsible wrong and cant edit it. Blackberry, you suck!

why is this directed towards the "west"?

It was directed towards the "WEST TRAINING PROGRAM" not the West agents. The West Training dept took over training and they are the ones responsible for letting the newhires know that there are requirements for international travel. We actually had a new hire a couple months ago that was going to let someone travel international with a photocopy of their passport page. Yep. You're good to go, they had a picture of their passport. For some reason the gate caught them and denied them, but it doesnt seem that big a deal and it isnt something that is taught very long in newhire training for some reason. I'll have to ask the newbies if they were even taught where the Timatic keypad is and what its used for.

why is this directed towards the "west"? Try working BSO on the weekends and CLT/PHL for some reason can't get the bags that the pax cleared thru customs on the flight.....
This isn't directed at the west, but US Airways did their last East training program last year prior to cutover. The training program administered now is derived from America West training manuals and procedures direct from Tempe.

Not WEST outstations, but HP training lessons.

yes it does......
It doesn't matter, it prompts an APIS popup at the gate and an agent must physically enter the passport information. This step cannot be avoided, and when the passenger is in front of you with the passport, why not just throw a little timatic action in there to make sure you're not sending someone that can't fly...it's simple...

Having been a former training instructor on the East 8 years ago, I know US Airways trained their agents extensively in timatics, but I am curious if this is covered beyond control V in the new training?
It seems to be a huge problem lately.

I'm going to send their crying/cussing bums right back armed with whoever's name checked them in at the outstation....courtesy of the ability to look up die sines in qik. FANTASTIC!!

The Kiosk or OLCI does not allow passengers to check in for international flights only the domestic portion of the trip.

It does now. Several airlines, including US (I think), have added international check-in capability to their kiosks.

It doesn't matter, it prompts an APIS popup at the gate and an agent must physically enter the passport information. This step cannot be avoided, and when the passenger is in front of you with the passport,
WRONG
A passenger can check they’re self in at the kiosk and go straight to the gate and board the flight without talking to one person. Most outstations do not have scanners.. The reasonability lies with the gateway stations it will apply to interline passengers as well

ONLINE and NEWER KIOSK do allow INTERNATIONAL checkin ...you just can not check bags from ONLINE. However if you do ONLINE checkin from home and bring your printed boarding pass to the stations with the newer kiosk. OH YES.. you can avoid the ticket counter agent and proceed to the gate.

InternationalShannon,
The reason it happens is there are no consequences for the outstation agents if they don't do their jobs. If they send someone to CLT without proper documents, a shift manager may or may not call the originating station and if they do, nothing happens accept a stern "you know better than that...yadda yadda yadda". Bottom line...There is no accountability. Take it from someone who spent some time in CLT on D-Con, no one seems to really care. They always say "lets just move on" or "just get it off the gate, NOW!" The New US doesn't understand D-Con or Carribean Saturday in CLT. When are they going to start holding the originating stations responsible? When the pax reaches the Hub cities the transition to their next flight should be smooth and seamless. It just seems that no one cares anymore. Best to all of you on D-Con! Yall keep your chins up and remember some of us appreciate your hard work and effort.