Overstaffed at DCA??????

gilbertguy

Senior
Aug 29, 2002
368
0
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 3:11:53 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

flew out of DCA Monday around 3pm and saw a stretch of gate agents, maybe 8 or so in one gate section, I believe it's 35 thru 38 ,one large podium section of chk-ins left side ..There were No passengers in line, just a string of agents,,what's up with that??
----------------
Sounds like two(2) agts per gate.....one check in and one to board....be thankful....next time there may only be 4!! Then you'll complain about not enough help.....
15.gif']
 

RowUnderDCA

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
2,123
1
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 3:56:56 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

The point was..not a single pax in line... ..slow day at DCA!

----------------
[/blockquote]

If the above is your point, then why is the subject "Overstaffed at DCA?"
 
Dec 21, 2002
395
0
www.usaviation.com
flew out of DCA Monday around 3pm and saw a stretch of gate agents, maybe 8 or so in one gate section, I believe it''s 35 thru 38 ,one large podium section of chk-ins left side ..There were No passengers in line, just a string of agents,,what''s up with that??
 

TomBascom

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
660
0
3A
www.greenfieldtech.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 3:47:59 PM flyguy121 wrote:

You know management reads these boards...why give the inept any more ammunition? Would you like to see MORE people lose their jobs?
----------------
[/blockquote]

Management needs to get off their collective backside and do something to attract customers.
 
Dec 21, 2002
395
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 3:47:59 PM flyguy121 wrote:

You know management reads these boards...why give the inept any more ammunition? Would you like to see MORE people lose their jobs?
----------------
[/blockquote]
actually I was hoping they could squeeze in a 9th agent.
b]
 

flyguy121

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
360
0
You know management reads these boards...why give the inept any more ammunition? Would you like to see MORE people lose their jobs?
 
Dec 21, 2002
395
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 3:39:10 PM gilbertguy wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 3:11:53 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

flew out of DCA Monday around 3pm and saw a stretch of gate agents, maybe 8 or so in one gate section, I believe it's 35 thru 38 ,one large podium section of chk-ins left side ..There were No passengers in line, just a string of agents,,what's up with that??
----------------
Sounds like two(2) agts per gate.....one check in and one to board....be thankful....next time there may only be 4!! Then you'll complain about not enough help----------------
[/blockquote]

The point was..not a single pax in line... those weren't my boarding gates so I have nothing to complain about..my boarding gate had one agent and I was fortunate to be chkd in by a fellow employee from earlier fonder days of yore and no one was in line there either..slow day at DCA!
 

Atlantic

Senior
Sep 2, 2002
499
0
Yesterday Mon. 27, I had listed myself and my wife for the 1:30 flight out of DAC to BOS. For the Shuttle there are three positions. Corp. Bos, LGA. Corp.had one px,LGA agent was working her computer, BOS position agent had his chin resting in his hand reading something. No line for him. I walk up to his position, place my ID on the counter, and say hi, how's it going. Me and my wife are listed on the 1:30 to BOS. He looks from his newspaper(!)at me and says, I didn't call you. And then made it a point that I wasn't called. Sorry I say but give me a break, your just reading a newspaper. You didn't even know I was there. It went down hill from there. Although he did give us two seats together, I can't help but think what a paying px would think.
I will say though that in non-reving off and on for the past 24 years, 98% of the agents have been helpfull, nice, and very profesional. And I know that in many stations agents are under staffed.
Still.
 
Dec 21, 2002
395
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 4:35:38 PM Atlantic wrote:

Yesterday Mon. 27, I had listed myself and my wife for the 1:30 flight out of DAC to BOS. For the Shuttle there are three positions. Corp. Bos, LGA. Corp.had one px,LGA agent was working her computer, BOS position agent had his chin resting in his hand reading something. No line for him. I walk up to his position, place my ID on the counter, and say hi, how's it going. Me and my wife are listed on the 1:30 to BOS. He looks from his newspaper(!)at me and says, I didn't call you. And then made it a point that I wasn't called. Sorry I say but give me a break, your just reading a newspaper. You didn't even know I was there. It went down hill from there. Although he did give us two seats together, I can't help but think what a paying px would think.
I will say though that in non-reving off and on for the past 24 years, 98% of the agents have been helpfull, nice, and very profesional. And I know that in many stations agents are under staffed.
Still.

----------------
[/blockquote]
I can almost equal that one..I went to the shuttle chk-in 2pm, maybe I saw the same guy HAHA...just to see if they could print an etkt itinry because all I had was carry on and the main ctr wasn't visible so I had no idea how busy they might be. Not a single pax at the shuttle counter. Agent (female) says she doesn't know how to do that, best go to main counter.
from an employee perspective, furloughed or not, my question is..how can anyone not know how to pull up a non rev listing, even if it's not SHUTTLE, and print up a simple itnry for security?Is it not part of the job descrip???
 
Dec 21, 2002
395
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 4:02:12 PM RowUnderDCA wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/28/2003 3:56:56 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

The point was..not a single pax in line... ..slow day at DCA!

----------------
[/blockquote]

If the above is your point, then why is the subject "Overstaffed at DCA?"

----------------
[/blockquote]

I never stated or inferred that the point of my post was NO PAX IN LINE/. The no PAX in line comment was tied into the 8 non working gate agents I mentioned ,which was tied into the previous posters remark about 8, then 4, then complain about understaff, etc..The slow day at DCA comment was added after I gave another example(my chk-in)of agents on duty and no pax to wait on...
I only B averaged in English, but I don't see any big leap of logic or need for confusion or dissection in that discourse.
 

crusher

Senior
Jan 28, 2003
492
4
DCA/BWI
That Checkin position was probably 35A. That is the checkin desk for Express. They check in most all their flights there. Mainline generally only has 2 per gate,and shuttle maybe 3
 

flyin2low

Veteran
Nov 4, 2002
577
1
www.domain.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/30/2003 9:30:07 AM crusher wrote:

That Checkin position was probably 35A. That is the checkin desk for Express. They check in most all their flights there. Mainline generally only has 2 per gate,and shuttle maybe 3
----------------
[/blockquote]


That was 35A. This gate is for commuter flights on the remote ramp. It is staffed by Piedmont Commuter agents who don't deal with Mainline ticketing issues.