parker and bloomber to hold joint news conference at 10 am

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
parker and bloomberg will hold a joint news conference at 10 am to honor the crew of flt 1549 on msnbc .

Yes, he is wearing a tie.

No, he wasn't wearing one at the Tempe presser but I have no heartburn with it. The first thing you should do when facing a sudden crisis: take off the roll up your sleaves and take OFF the dang tie so you can get some blood flowing to your brain. Ties are dumb anyway.

Yes, he is wearing a tie.

No, he wasn't wearing one at the Tempe presser but I have no heartburn with it. The first thing you should do when facing a sudden crisis: take off the roll up your sleaves and take OFF the dang tie so you can get some blood flowing to your brain. Ties are dumb anyway.

very treu. and yes. i wanted to puke whn i heard bloomberg speaking spanish .

Mr Parker

Please wear a tie

Thank you

It amazes me that in this extraordinary situation people still have energy to bash Tempe. This goes to show that in some cases people will never give Tempe a break. This shows peoples true colors.

It amazes me that in this extraordinary situation people still have energy to bash Tempe. This goes to show that in some cases people will never give Tempe a break. This shows peoples true colors.

LOL, he looked a little shell shocked to me at the Tempe thing. I personally think they seemed a little timid in their praise of the crew but I think these things can cause an exec more than a little heart thumping/sphincter closing drama.

The crew was well trained for this event but they don't teach this kind of stuff in business school.

Lighten up--quit being defensive. Someone made a quip about Parker not liking to wear ties...so what?? Not everything (and especially this) is west vs east!

We should all be celebrating the professionalism of our colleagues and the miraculous events of yesterday!

In all fairness to Doug.....he did not exactly dress for work on Thursday expecting to have to appear on camera at a press conference to comment on a plane crash. After all, US is a "business casual" airline. I would think that finding him a tie was probably the last thing on everyone's mind.

Quite honestly, I was paying far more attention to his prepared speech than I did to appearance.....and I thought his speech was good.

Please Mayor Bloomberg, kindly refrain from speaking Spanish at press conferences, it is Muy mal.

Hey, give the man some credit. At least he tried.

As the mayor of a city that has more Spanish-speaking citizens than San Juan, he realizes the importance of trying to communicate in such an important second language. (And yes, he's always courting votes.)

I've been trying to learn Spanish for years -- Rosetta Stone, reading newspapers on line, watching Univision -- and I still don't have the guts to even try it out on the folks working at the food court.

Let alone attempt to speak it on world-wide television.

In the interest of being "politically" correct I will bite my tongue and not say anything about the mayor speaking Spanish. On the other hand why has no one corrected the accounting of the "passanger" with 2 broken legs--when in fact it was one of our own FA's.

I've been trying to learn Spanish for years -- Rosetta Stone, reading newspapers on line, watching Univision -- and I still don't have the guts to even try it out on the folks working at the food court.

This is a mistake. You need to try it, even if you explain up front that you're new to the language. Most Spanish speakers will be delighted to have you try to speak their language and will be happy to correct/critique/compliment you. Just say up front that you're learning Spanish, would like to try it out on them and that you're looking for their input on your efforts.