Parkers Blame Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvthe9

Veteran
Aug 30, 2002
It's largely the cost of an older airline," says Douglas Parker, chief executive of US Airways Group Inc., whose company is the combination of a legacy airline, US Airways, and a start-up, America West Airlines. On the "east side" of the company -- the original US Airways -- every pilot is at the top of the pay scale. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123905461687894541.html A 26 year old airline a start up. East pilots at the top of the pay scale, this guy is back drinking again.

Parkers Freudian slip. The intent of his legal age discrimination plan for the last few years. Airlines can not send their production overseas like most businesses, they have to purge the older employees off the payroll.

United Airlines is the tip of the ice burg with ideas (click here) to solving this delima.

US Airways will continue with their plan to sabotage the older groups, at the same time they will use Captain Sullenbergers' 58 years old age with a different strategy.

Parkers Freudian slip. The intent of his legal age discrimination plan for the last few years. Airlines can not send their production overseas like most businesses, they have to purge the older employees off the payroll.

United Airlines is the tip of the ice burg with ideas (click here) to solving this delima.

US Airways will continue with their plan to sabotage the older groups, at the same time they will use Captain Sullenbergers' 58 years old age with a different strategy.

Pielots had no compulsion to support mechanics when we were outsourced at UA and even went on record to that affect.
Sucks, don't it?

B) xUT

It's largely the cost of an older airline," says Douglas Parker, chief executive of US Airways Group Inc., whose company is the combination of a legacy airline, US Airways, and a start-up, America West Airlines.

You think maybe the higher unit cost at US Airways has anything to the bloated, inefficient block times in the schedule that are required to guarantee on-time performance AND Dougie's big bonus?

Pielots had no compulsion to support mechanics when we were outsourced at UA and even went on record to that affect.
Sucks, don't it?

B) xUT

Maybe you can educate us sir, with an example of a time when mechanics ever in any way, supported the pilots.

Didn't hear any complaints from Tempe when a top of scale pilot landed in the Hudson.

Sully is a top of scale (28 years of service) East Pilot,

A TOS West pilot with 12 years of service would have been making $17 per hour more than Sully.

But that will all be changing come 1 January 2010 when the East pilots resume their pre LOA 93 rates, about $30 per hour more than the current West rate.

Sully is a top of scale (28 years of service) East Pilot,

A TOS West pilot with 12 years of service would have been making $17 per hour more than Sully.

But that will all be changing come 1 January 2010 when the East pilots resume their pre LOA 93 rates, about $30 per hour more than the current West rate.

Agreed. In addition to this, the first of two 35 million dollar pay outs to be divided amongst the East pilots, will come due.

Pilots at US back in 1992 made a sweetheart deal with the company if they crossed our picket lines, M&R went on strike for 5 days.

All pilots got paid regardless if they flew or not, by the way US grounded the entire DC9, MD80, F100 and 737-200 fleet and all pilots got paid.

You should have seen the way they were treating us up until the day they walked, they have no respect for organized labor at all.

M&R at UA has supported the pilots before at EA the IAM, ALPA and TWU supported each other when the IAM went on strike.

Heck even the AFA supported the IAM when we went out on strike at US it took a federal judge to order them back to work, and the case went to arbitration where the AFA prevailed.

Pilots in general have NEVER supported any other group, they cant even stick together to support themselves.

We even had buttons made up saying "Thanks for nothing ALPA" and they whined and cried to Seth Schofield and made us take them off.

Pilots even werent writing up things so the flights wouldnt cancel.

I wrote up tons of grievances during the 30 day cooling off period as pilots and FAs were caught cleaning airplanes when we were so short staffed, yep true heros to organized labor, NOT!

Pilots at US back in 1992 made a sweetheart deal with the company if they crossed our picket lines, M&R went on strike for 5 days.

All pilots got paid regardless if they flew or not, by the way US grounded the entire DC9, MD80, F100 and 737-200 fleet and all pilots got paid.

You should have seen the way they were treating us up until the day they walked, they have no respect for organized labor at all.

M&R at UA has supported the pilots before at EA the IAM, ALPA and TWU supported each other when the IAM went on strike.

Heck even the AFA supported the IAM when we went out on strike at US it took a federal judge to order them back to work, and the case went to arbitration where the AFA prevailed.

Pilots in general have NEVER supported any other group, they cant even stick together to support themselves.

We even had buttons made up saying "Thanks for nothing ALPA" and they whined and cried to Seth Schofield and made us take them off.

Pilots even werent writing up things so the flights wouldnt cancel.

Sir, you are not and were never a mechanic, but you try to ride the coattails of these professionals in your posts and collective bargaining attempts, constantly. I think I am fair including this information for readers to consider.

Spin spin spin, avoid the true topic at hand, traitors to the labor movement.

I was utility and a stock clerk, I did jobs that supplimented the mechanics work.

Have you ever crawled into the fuel tank of an airplane to clean it?

Have you crawled into the hellhole on a 737-200 to clean up a skydol leak?

I have never rode the coatails of any other profession and I was was rewarded on my own merits.

I held numeours positions within the IAM at the local and district level, along with being the first utility appointed to the Negotiating Committee.

I have been to placid harbor and graduated from all the leadership classes.

Marched on Washington, been to the Senate and House to lobby our Senators and Congressman on behalf of airline employees, met with Presidential Candidates in SC at the first debate of 2004 election.

Even presented third step cases and help the district prepare for major arbitration cases.

And saved many a coworkers job due to my representation.

Even was appointed to CO's FA Negotiations.

What have you done to further the labor movement?

I have met with Wolf and Gangwal to further labors goals, have you?

Were on numerous tasks forces to improve the US operation under Gangwal.

What did you do?

I was merely defending myself and my former coworkers from a pilot who said that we rode the coatails of the mechanics.

And how the pilots treated us when we went out on stike in October of 92

There is already a thread for US Airways pilot issues. Leave the discussions there. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.