Pass Travel Privileges for military family

proudnavymom

Feb 3, 2009
I just was curious how many people on here are military parents? I never thought of this before now, but I would like to see pass travel privileges instated for those of us who have children on active duty in the military. With only getting 8 passes a year now, it is difficult to hold onto them, and personally, I believe it would be an honor to our military if the company would allow them the same privileges they had when they were in school. In my case, my son is 26 years old, so he can't be considered full time student. Do you know if they have ever had this, and if not, who we could contact to consider this being an option?

I have thought about that myself, my son is 21 if in School he could still fly, but it all comes back to IRS rules.
I cannot claim him as a dependent if he is in the army, so the company cannot do that.

The IRS rules are very restricted and unfair. Almost all pass rules related to the IRS.There was a movement in the late 90's to try and get some of this changed. Airline employees need an advocate that would take up there cuase. The IRS thinks this is much more a benefit then it really is.

Latest posts