Passenger Receipts Will Only Be Emailed

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
:down: It never ceases to amaze me, with all the outsourcing and vendor office and mistakes that are being made...dates..times...wrong city destinations booked - not to mention the language issue - the vendor offices can be difficult if not impossible to understand - it amazes me that someone in corporate has come up with another STUPID IDEA ....

If you don't have a computer or email address - - oh well then you are Outta Luck...we can take you money for your purchase although at reservations we REFUSE to mail you a receipt for your purchase.. ..how crazy is this? Not all of America has a computer - now the mistakes and things will not be caught until day of departure -- this is insane, charge them extra for a paper receipt - the requests are few but sometimes they exist....someone in corporate needs to wake up -- ask the res sales agents how they feel about this new policy - It's CRAZY

This is part of coming inline with HP policies. To be honest very few people dont have access to a computer today, and on the whole it was a great waste of money.

You work for a LCC, more changes to come.

MMW, you are correct. They are running the place, their rules. Wait until the fare rules are in place - dont forget LCC.

I agree Row, this is the 21st century, and we need to adapt to it

There are all ready alot of good changes,e.g. no Sat. night stay on DM award bookings. I personally think the "No pets" rule is great. I dont know how many irates I have had to deal with because I would not confirm their precious in the hold. Unaccompanied minors makes sense; cost effective and IMO if they cant fly on their own a family member should be accompanying them.

MarkMyWords said:
Well, they were closer to making money then we were.....so they must be doing something right.
[post="302821"][/post]​

Hey, I'm sure that they're doing lots of things right. But they're not doing *everything* right. There have to be just a few things that US does better, but it sure seems to me right now like they're going to be ignored.

When booking Intl itineraries over the phone, I've always gone off of the virtuallythere itin's even when Res has sent me the paper confirmations.

I would say this falls under the same lines as paper ticketing - only when necessary / requested it should be used.

-JC

ringmaruf said:
There have to be just a few things that US does better, but it sure seems to me right now like they're going to be ignored.
[post="302834"][/post]​

I think it goes with the territory......cheap fares...cheap service. A lot of things we used to do as a "full service" airline, are now out the window. Just part of the business model now. Give them everything or give them little, it doesnt matter to me as long as I get my check every 2 weeks. Most of us don't make the rules, we just part of the "hired help".

I liked one thing that AirTran does. Instead of printing boarding passes on typical ticket stock; instead it looks like a receipt that comes out of a cash register. The copy the station keeps is separated from the passenger copy, so not only is it chepaer to produce, it saves time by not having to bend & tear at the perforation.

I don't know if U does it, but AWA allows passengers to print boarding passes at home. That way they save on agent time at the airport and use their own paper and ink.

WestCoastGuy said:
I think it goes with the territory......cheap fares...cheap service. A lot of things we used to do as a "full service" airline, are now out the window. Just part of the business model now. Give them everything or give them little, it doesnt matter to me as long as I get my check every 2 weeks. Most of us don't make the rules, we just part of the "hired help".
[post="302838"][/post]​

I don't mean "better" in terms of the US product, I mean better as in "more profitable".

And none of the changes so far affect me even a little bit, so I'm not complaining about some perk I'm going to lose.

This change makes complete sense to me. Your reservation is viewable online via virtuallythere.com, most business travelers use corporate agencies or have e-mail and receipts are available from the kiosk should you not have e-mail.

One thing the kiosk needs to do is print out all receipts on a given PNR. I frequently change tickets, and the kiosk only prints the receipt for the last A/C. I always need to ask an agent to print all of the receipts.

Latest posts