Passengers Subdue Man On Southwest Flight

Where'd they get the duct tape? Is it provisioned onboard for situations like this?

FWAAA said:
Where'd they get the duct tape? Is it provisioned onboard for situations like this?
[post="242623"][/post]​

No, not usually onboard, but sometimes there'll be a strip somewhere, for just such an emergency. :D

Gotta love that the pax pitched in. Don't mess!!!

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Couple of flags here: the mullet hair and being from PHL.

Even the crazies are booking away from USAir.

Sky high states: Uhh, everyone gets them. Even Southwest, remember?...they even KILLED one.

SKY HIGH said:
whatkindoffreshhell said:
Couple of flags here: the mullet hair and being from PHL.

Even the crazies are booking away from USAir.
Sky high states: Uhh, everyone gets them. Even Southwest, remember?...they even KILLED one.
[post="243459"][/post]​

Nah...actually, the CUSTOMERS killed him.

hobbes said:
Nah...actually, the CUSTOMERS killed him.

Uhhh, actually, he had settled down somewhat at the emergency exit row. The Flight attendant "antagonized" him by commenting on how he was getting in trouble once they landed. That provoked him into more rage. Complete FAILURE of the cabin crew CRM.

Uhhh, actually, he had settled down somewhat at the emergency exit row. The Flight attendant "antagonized" him by commenting on how he was getting in trouble once they landed. That provoked him into more rage. Complete FAILURE of the cabin crew CRM.

Sounds like more a failure of "political correctness"....don't tell anybody what they did was wrong...don't tell them to expect someone to meet the plane when they land...just 'understand' his need to try to kick in the cockpit door and offer him a nice can of soda and a "you are a great guy" sticker. :rolleyes: .

SKY HIGH, nice attempt to spin the situation, but it doesn't work for me. :p

Now go back to trolling in your own airline's threads.

Looks like he had been doing a little alcohol consumption prior to getting on the aircraft. No doubt, he had nothing better to do while waiting for an on-time departure from PHL. I'm surprised he could get on a Southwest flight, watching Airline they don't let anyone who has had a drink on a flight.

hobbes said:
SKY HIGH, nice attempt to spin the situation, but it doesn't work for me. :p
Now go back to trolling in your own airline's threads.

Sky high states: WHAT SPIN?????? Hobbes! :shock: Hundreds of air rage cases were happening throughout the 90's and early 00, 01. Disruptive passengers were seen as drunks or drug induced fools more than anything else, because that is what they historically were. The industry failed, failed to grasp the evolving nature of this threat! Even worse, the crew in question didnt have adequate TRAINING to deal with these threats. Most of these situations were looked upon as exceptions, even worse, simply ignored. That a passenger DIED, HAS MADE IT OBVIOUS that security training was lacking.

Sky high....I'll bet Hobbes has forgotten more about training than you can ever hope to know.

A passenger tried to rush the cockpit. The crew tried to stop him, but apparently was having a difficult time. The passengers, having not too long ago witnessed 3 aircraft slam into buildings because someone breached the cockpit, did what I would have done and "assisted" the flight crew. A UAL pilot in the days after 9/11 made a cabin announcement that basically said the exact same thing. And I'm sure that if you were a crew member on a US flight facing a similar situation, would welcome the "assistance" of the passengers. Or would you try to engage the guy in a "heart to heart" about "feeling his pain" and trying to get him back in the seat? Or might you find it difficult to reason with him as he was kicking at the cockpit door????