PAX attempts to bring Gun on A/C

bluestarcitx

Aug 17, 2006
Charlotte
Visit site
Guys,
This afternoon we were working flight US 2595 from ABE-CLT and a woman tried to board with a .38 calibur handgun. Our A/C was told by FBI to return to gate and 2 additional pax were taking off into FBI custody. She is being charged with federal felonies. Here's the local news clip:

A woman, taken into custody after being caught carrying a *loaded* gun at Lehigh Valley International Airport.

It happened early this afternoon.
We're told the gun was found in her carry-on bag.
Security screeners found it and stopped her.
They reported it, and the woman -- whose name we have not been given -- was taken into custody by the FBI.
An official with the Transportation Security Administration tells 69 News that the woman also is believed to have had mace.
Sources say she was processed at the federal courthouse in Allentown and released on bail.
They say she has a probable cause hearing set for Monday.

Airport director George Doughty tells us tonight that the woman's two companions had already boarded a plane, and the plane taxied away while the suspect was in custody.
The plane was called back, and her two companions were questioned, but we have no word on the status of those two people. The jet went on its way after about a 20-minute delay.
Again, 69 News has learned that a woman was arrested for having a loaded handgun in a carry-on bag at LVIA, and she's now facing federal charges. :ph34r:

No doubt in my mind the companions had nothing on them.
What was the woman's story? My gut feeling is that she forgot she had the items on her. I know it happens but for the life of me I don't understand how.
If anyone can get more info. please post thanks.

What was the woman's story? My gut feeling is that she forgot she had the items on her. I know it happens but for the life of me I don't understand how.
If anyone can get more info. please post thanks.
dont know if this helps but here are two websites that have the article about yesterdays incident

www.wfmz.com and www.mcall.com

If she forgot she was in posession of a loaded handgun, she should lose the right to carry and own it (and, if she has a PA CCP, probably will in addition to any federal charges).

It amazes me that someone could FORGET they had a gun in their carry-on's! You can easily forget you have a cigarette lighter, hand cream, or eye drops...but a GUN!
WTF........the general public gets nuttier every day.

It amazes me that someone could FORGET they had a gun in their carry-on's! You can easily forget you have a cigarette lighter, hand cream, or eye drops...but a GUN!
WTF........the general public gets nuttier every day.

People for get things like this all the time. Not to excuse her. If she's not on top of things, maybe she shouldn't have the permit.

Is it ironic that pilots forget to put the landing gear down about once per day across this country? I'm talking light single and twin aircraft of course - not airliners.

Guys,
This afternoon we were working flight US 2595 from ABE-CLT and a woman tried to board with a .38 calibur handgun. Our A/C was told by FBI to return to gate and 2 additional pax were taking off into FBI custody. She is being charged with federal felonies. Here's the local news clip:

A woman, taken into custody after being caught carrying a *loaded* gun at Lehigh Valley International Airport.

It happened early this afternoon.
We're told the gun was found in her carry-on bag.
Security screeners found it and stopped her.
They reported it, and the woman -- whose name we have not been given -- was taken into custody by the FBI.
An official with the Transportation Security Administration tells 69 News that the woman also is believed to have had mace.
Sources say she was processed at the federal courthouse in Allentown and released on bail.
They say she has a probable cause hearing set for Monday.
Airport director George Doughty tells us tonight that the woman's two companions had already boarded a plane, and the plane taxied away while the suspect was in custody.
The plane was called back, and her two companions were questioned, but we have no word on the status of those two people. The jet went on its way after about a 20-minute delay.
Again, 69 News has learned that a woman was arrested for having a loaded handgun in a carry-on bag at LVIA, and she's now facing federal charges. :ph34r:

Who cares? It was a CRJ, an RJ that, frankly, no one cares about.

Like, as if, she was going to do any damage to anything, if deranged.

I swear, those who get jumpy at any anamoly should really take to staying under your bed covers until 10 PM. Give us reality people a break.

Better yet, wait for a full moon. Then you whacked out security deficient people can get it out of your systems somewhere else.

Have you read anything about how absolutely idiotic our heightened security "response" was concerning the "binary explosives". I mean, the logical walkthrough would make any rational person think our government was taking advantage of our populace. Not that I am accusing the moronic pResident of playing politics with our citizens. The fact that I think he? is a moron is incidental.

Who cares? It was a CRJ, an RJ that, frankly, no one cares about.

Like, as if, she was going to do any damage to anything, if deranged.

I swear, those who get jumpy at any anamoly should really take to staying under your bed covers until 10 PM. Give us reality people a break.

Better yet, wait for a full moon. Then you whacked out security deficient people can get it out of your systems somewhere else.

Have you read anything about how absolutely idiotic our heightened security "response" was concerning the "binary explosives". I mean, the logical walkthrough would make any rational person think our government was taking advantage of our populace. Not that I am accusing the moronic pResident of playing politics with our citizens. The fact that I think he? is a moron is incidental.

dude, what the f**k is your problem? just cause its a crj doesn't mean its not worth reporting. this woman could have pulled out the gun and blown someone's head off at the security checkpoint. i think the fact that the possible loss of innocent human life due to a psycho was more important than your concern about what A/C the attempt was made on. Get a life dude! Better yet, get some humanity.

dude, what the f**k is your problem? just cause its a crj doesn't mean its not worth reporting. this woman could have pulled out the gun and blown someone's head off at the security checkpoint. i think the fact that the possible loss of innocent human life due to a psycho was more important than your concern about what A/C the attempt was made on. Get a life dude! Better yet, get some humanity.

Mental illness is everywhere. Some people can't be held responsible for their actions.

Was it found in her carry-on bag at the security checkpoint, or when they did a hand search at the gate for liquids/gels?
as I read the article I understand it as it was found at the security checkpoint in one of her carry on luggage. that is how I understand it