Pay Cuts

PineyBob said:
In what departments? God they can't keep people in CCY now.
[post="256868"][/post]​

Company wide though I don't think Lakefield and cronnies would particpate.

Seems they will be using oil as excuse, maybe it will be temporary or the whole thing just a rumor.

Your comment about they squeezed all they could out of employees may not hold water now.

Rumor. Move on. If it comes to life, then this will be an active thread. Otherwise, i suggest this thread be ignored because all we're going to see now is tempers and emotions flare over something that isn't even close to confirmed.

usairways_vote_NO said:
Company wide though I don't think Lakefield and cronnies would particpate.

Seems they will be using oil as excuse, maybe it will be temporary or the whole thing just a rumor.

Your comment about they squeezed all they could out of employees may not hold water now.
[post="256878"][/post]​
sit up and take notice after you've heard of lakefield summoning the labor leaders to DCA....thats how it starts..... :shock:
thats when the old friend , Ben Dover comes knocking...........

PHL said:
Rumor.  Move on.  If it comes to life, then this will be an active thread.  Otherwise, i suggest this thread be ignored because all we're going to see now is tempers and emotions flare over something that isn't even close to confirmed.
[post="256883"][/post]​

So you heard it? That was only reason I started thread to see if it was going around system or if anyone knew anything solid.

It seems an "Fuel Surcharge" or buck or two fare increase would help, but we certainly dont want to get to the point where we sell seats for a profit... <_<

if it is true, it will be ashame in the eys of the IAM as they wont have the 600 plus employees in the 22 or so cities to steal from as they have allowed usair to furlough the trained employees and outsource with scabs who arent trained or anything. get ready for a rough summer and next winter if usair can make it that far

WestCoastGuy said:
It seems an "Fuel Surcharge" or buck or two fare increase would help, but we certainly dont want to get to the point where we sell seats for a profit... <_<
[post="257002"][/post]​

Tell that to revenue management at U and UAL, literally a day after NWAC institutes a $20.00 fuel surcharge that the majors match, the bankruptcy brigade throws a honkin' big fare sale and promptly pisses away any benefit that surcharge may have had. :down:

Even WN and B6 are adding fuel surcharges, not having fare sales....

LGA Fleet Service said:
Tell that to revenue management at U and UAL, literally a day after NWAC institutes a $20.00 fuel surcharge that the majors match, the bankruptcy brigade throws a honkin' big fare sale and promptly pisses away any benefit that surcharge may have had. :down:
[post="257035"][/post]​
Easy for you to say, but the two were not at all the same thing. The fare increases occurred pretty much across the board on nearly all fares, in nearly all markets. The sales were a new temporary fare bucket in select markets, with limited availability.

While the sales probably blunted the effect of the fare increases, they certainly didn't "piss away any benefit."

LGA Fleet Service said:
Tell that to revenue management at U and UAL, literally a day after NWAC institutes a $20.00 fuel surcharge that the majors match
[post="257035"][/post]​

And how many times have the majors tried to raise fares in the past year or 2 that NW was the one that always refused to go along with it? If they had done so back then, things might not be as bleak for many carriers as they are now. (They wouldnt be great, but that extra money would sure come in handy now.)

Yep, NW is often the one who busts fare hikes. That's why I can't seem to understand what the deal is with the long topic in the NW forum whining about low fares -- look in the mirror!

LGA Fleet Service said:

Even WN and B6 are adding fuel surcharges, not having fare sales....
[post="257035"][/post]​

Actually, US is not alone in this "fare sale" mode. UAL, DAL, and DH have all launched major sales in the last couple of weeks since the fare increases by NWA and SWA. The reason? Simple. All of these carriers need cash - and they need it quickly. This is a good way to get some money in the bank now. Short term needs take priority in a crisis - and all of these carriers are certainly in a crisis right now. Fuel cost is killing everyone. CCY is just trying to stay in the game - just like everyone else right now. As I said, US has plenty of company in this thinking.

Latest posts