Payment Of Aircraft

cob777200

May 6, 2004
I unfortunatly feel that jetblue will not last past the payment of their a/c. They do not have to pay for the upkeep of them. They are making loads of money. I know this because I live near their west coast hub of KLGB (Long Beach, Ca). All I hear about is their success in KLGB. But I truly feel that they will unfortunatly go under sooner or later.
coB777200

I've lost count of the number of times somebody has made this kind of statement about jetblue not paying for their airplanes over the last 4+ years. I just read a letter to the editor in AW&ST this week where someone else made the same comment about jetBlue's "free" airplanes. I've read their annual reports and 10Q's and have yet to find this revelation among its financial disclosures and reports. However, in those same financial filings, there are specific line entries for aircraft rents and other related aircraft purchase investments. Approximately 1/2 of jetBlue's 58 aircraft are on operating leases. Those leases are hardly "free" (ergo aircraft rents) to jetBlue. Casual observers of jetblue are easily convinced by the many urban legends that abound as to why jetBlue is able to make money when no one else can. If you are resident of Long Beach you should take the time to carefully study jetBlue's formula for success. They are generating a growing economic windfall for the local economy and have finally made Long Beach Airport a reliable and attractive alternative for air travel in and out of Southern California. It sounds like you may be getting your information from Gordon Bethune...hardly a reliable source about jetBlue.

BTW, have you heard that jetBlue doesn't pay for its fuel either? :p

This topic never dies!!!

If you buy a car, I can only assume that anyone in their right mind would negotiate the best deal possible. Same stuff with airlines. If your particular airline did not get the "free", "sweet", or what many seem to think is the "unfair" deal from Airbus that JB got, then I suggest you find someone at your own outfit that has better negotiation skills. Quit cryin' about it and renegotiate your aircraft leases if that's what it takes! For that matter, just sell all the old stuff and buy the new stuff that JB has and get the FREE planes with NO MAINTANANCE costs!

Be realistic folks, NOBODY get's free planes, not even JB!! Let's give this one a rest once and for all.

v1

JETBLUE:

GREAT FOR THE AMERICAN ECONOMY! NOT ONE BOEING IN THEIR FLEET!

"GREAT FOR THE AMERICAN ECONOMY! NOT ONE BOEING IN THEIR FLEET!"

When you find out the percentage content of american made parts on the "bus", come back and talk to us!

Buy Boeing, made in Japan,China and other exotic countries, but we call Chicago home.

So when you buy a Honda Accord made in the USA. All the parts are made in Japan, how much of that car's profits go back to Japan!

Jetblue owns 100% foreign made aircraft!

Boeing aircraft's foreign content is on average 16%!

Big difference!

JETBLUE: SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY!

BTW, where did I engage in name calling?

"JETBLUE AND THE FRENCH:

PERFECT TOGETHER."

In most peoples book, that is an insult and I am sure you meant it as such, particularily, should there be any doubt, when you follow up with: "JETBLUE: SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY!"

Being a gentleman, I shall refrain for responding in kind!

"Jetblue owns 100% foreign made aircraft!"

Hmm, who makes the engines, the avionics? Who wrote the code for the software in the computers, etc. etc.? You do not seem to have studied very much, before you went off on your little tirade, but perhaps one day, you will do a bit of research, until then, it is pointless discussing this with you!

As much as I enjoy a good round of Blu bashing, i must say that Cob777 is far from credible and you'd prob be better off just ignoring him/her/it. Apparently someone looking for attention as evidenced by the wild postings on the UAL board also. I keep my kids off the internet, why can't everyone else!! :rolleyes:

ENGINES: IAE V2500
Each aircraft will feature International Aero Engines' (IAE) V2500 engines. IAE is a multinational aero engine consortium whose shareholders comprise Pratt & Whitney (NYSE:UTX), Rolls-Royce (RR.L.), the Japanese Aero Engines Corporation and MTU Aero Engines (DCX).

One American concern out of four for the engines.

JetBlue orders 100 Embraer 190s
Großauftrag für Regionaljet
JetBlue Airways has announced that it has placed an order for 100 new EMBRAER 190 jet aircraft, with options for an additional 100 new aircraft. Embraer values the firm contract at $3 billion, with a potential value of $6 billion if all options are exercised. The announcement makes JetBlue the launch customer of the all-new 100-seat EMBRAER 190 aircraft. The EMBRAER 190 is the manufacturer's newest model in a family of mid-sized aircraft targeting the growing 70- to 110-seat market. This family incorporates advanced design features such as integrated avionics, fly-by-wire flight controls, and more efficient, environmentally friendly GE engines.
As with JetBlue's A320 fleet, all of the low-cost carrier's new Embraer aircraft will offer DIRECTV satellite programming at every roomy leather seat. The new aircraft will feature 100 seats in an all-coach, two-by-two seating configuration. JetBlue plans to take delivery of the first seven Embraer aircraft in 2005, with the remainder of the order expected to be delivered through 2011 at a rate of approximately 18 per year. Options begin in 2011. With this new Embraer order and the low-cost airline's current fleet of 42 Airbus A320 aircraft plus orders and options for future Airbus deliveries, JetBlue's fleet could grow to as many as 290 aircraft by the end of 2011. Lease financing has been arranged for the first 30 EMBRAER 190 aircraft deliveries. "Through this new agreement with Embraer, JetBlue will bring its superior product and award-winning customer service to the many mid-sized markets desperately in need of low fares and high quality service," said David Neeleman, CEO of JetBlue Airways. "Since our first full year of operations in 2001, we have achieved continued profitability through our focus on innovation and low costs. Our unwillingness to rest on our success is evident today. With a combined Airbus and Embraer fleet, we believe we will be well-positioned to offer a better product to markets of all sizes across the U.S., without compromising the low fares, cabin comfort and great service that are the hallmarks of the JetBlue experience."
Back to the top of the page / Zurück zum Anfang der Seite

Dizel8:

Answer this:

WHY are you so offended about JETBLUE meshing so well with the FRENCH?

Why would the work FRENCH be so degrading?

FLY JETBLUE!!!!!!!!! THE LOW COST EUROPEAN AIRLINE!

JetBlue orders $4bn Airbus jets
Thursday, April 24, 2003 Posted: 8:34 AM EDT (1234 GMT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Tools

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK (CNN) -- JetBlue Airways, a U.S. discount airline, Thursday ordered 65 Airbus A320 passenger jets worth almost $4 billion.

JetBlue, which currently flies 46 Airbus planes, said it also has an option on another 50 new aircraft from the world's second-largest plane maker.

The order is the biggest this year for either Airbus and Boeing, its main U.S. rival.

It comes at a difficult time for the airline industry and aerospace manufacturers alike, as demand for air travel struggles to recover from war, terrorism, economic recession and the outbreak of SARS.

"With this order, JetBlue demonstrates that with the right people, the right product and the right cost structure, airlines can grow, even in this current, challenging environment," said Airbus chief executive Noel Forgeard.

The airline and aircraft maker did not disclose the terms of the deal. The A320 can seat 150 passengers.

But excluding the options, the value of the deal based on catalogue prices would be between $3.71 billion and $3.97 billion, depending on delivery time and engine choice. But aircraft manufacturers usually offer discounts to win order.

"This would be a significant order," Will Mackie, analyst at Commerzbank in London, told Reuters.

"The timing of the deliveries will be crucial. If JetBlue is taking on these aircraft during the low point of the market, in 2004 and 2005, then it would represent a key support for Airbus narrow-body production."

Wrong, the engines are a 50/50 deal between GE and CFM International!

I know you wish the engines were 100% French!

FLY JETBLUE!!!!!!!!! THE LOW COST EUROPEAN AIRLINE!