PayScales

Cobrakev

Dec 6, 2005
Hello,

Can anybody tell me or where to find the current payscale for a mechanic? How long does it take to top out?

Thanks
Kev

We have just over 2400 AMT's domestic and as far as the pay info you will have to wait.......I'll be out of the office fo a couple of days :D

These are the FedEx Sr.AMT pay rates as of March 2008 after a recent announcement of pay increases:

Wage is base plus two licenses.
Add .15 for line.
No shift premiums paid for anyone hired after Mar'03 (Nice move eh?).
Three year top out.

step 1 beginning rate 34.23
step 2 after 6 months 35.08
step 3 after 12 months 35.97
step 4 after 18 months 36.89
step 5 after 24 months 38.81
step 6 after 36 months 40.01

Best regards,

Johnny Gearpin

Starting pay wow... that's about $4/hr more than a Delta mechanic tops out at now.. where do I sign up? :rolleyes:
Curious, what's the hiring procedure like?

To get hired on from the street, chances you have to start in LAX, OAK, or EWR. Have seen Harlingen, TX go to the street, but I guess it is right next to Mexico and difficult to fly in and out of (commute purposes). 18 months min before you can bid out initially then 1 year.

Check the FedEx Express Careers website daily. Create an account. Hope for the best.

Most people throw boxes for a year at least. Then bid from the inside as jobs come posted.

Some sweet small stations that are threatened to go away by attrition. All in all, I think almost 60 stations with AMTs.

Merry Christmas,

Johnny Gearpin

Hello,

Can anybody tell me or where to find the current payscale for a mechanic? How long does it take to top out?

Thanks
Kev

This is the new pay scales for FedEx,
Pay increases for FedEx Express U.S. hourly-paid groups will be effective Monday, March 3. These will include:

* 3% increase to all pay steps for all maintenance and related hourly jobs.

* Maintenance licenses will increase over 13%, raising A & P license
premiums from $5.67 to $6.44 per license.

* Maintain the lead differential of $1.85 per hour above the top rate.

These A & P license premium increases will bring the pay rate for both licenses to $12.88 per hour and the total hourly rate for aviation maintenance technicians at the top pay step to $41.01 per hour.

Ya, we are counting our lucky stars to get it but at the same time the retirement is pretty much GONE and the health benefits are off setting the raise......

Ya, we are counting our lucky stars to get it but at the same time the retirement is pretty much GONE and the health benefits are off setting the raise......

Hate to break it to ya Speed but virtually all companies have ditched the defined benefit retirement and on top of that most all airlines have slashed the employee pay also. I know it sucks to see some things going away but overall FedEx still has a good deal compared to the rest of the industy. Oh and getting a union is not going to get you anything back either. Trust me I know.

Hi there lineguy43,
you are right, but it's also not just our industry so much as our nation. We are just cogs in the wheel grinding away........