Pbgc

U

UAL_TECH

PBGC Reaches Pension Settlement

Under the terms of the agreement, which must still be approved by the bankruptcy court overseeing UAL’s restructuring, the PBGC would terminate and become trustee of the company’s four pension plans and the agency’s claims against the company would be settled. The PBGC and its financial advisers believe the settlement is superior to the recovery the agency would have received as an unsecured creditor in bankruptcy.

:down: UT

When your company comes to take your pension, please take a stand by falling on the sword and show us how it's done.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
If this isn't a strike issue, then what is?
[post="264307"][/post]​
Being stapled to the bottom of a seniority list might do it for me.

Fly said:
When your company comes to take your pension, please take a stand by falling on the sword and show us how it's done.
[post="264318"][/post]​

You have every right to stay and work for a company that takes all your benefits and pays you minimum wage.Glenn Tilton is not through using his 100 lb jackhammer yet.Good luck adjusting to your new lower standard of living.

Tilton saw what happened at USAir. So he has a pretty good idea of how low the UA employees will go. Then DL will follow as will CO, NW, and then AA. I think our pension at AA will be frozen (keep what we have earned) not terminated (lose a good chunk of it) like UA and US. If us ex-EAL people thought like this, you would have taken these cuts in 1989.

You're crackin' me up!

Someone from one of AA's unions is now suddenly worried about the impact other airlines' employees' actions will have on the industry as a whole and on employees at other airlines. "Think of others!" she says. "Don't put your own concerns first! Think of what this will do to airline jobs in the industry! Solidarity forever!"

Absolutely hilarious!

Aren't you from one of those groups who thought only ME ME ME when it came to stapling the TWA-ers?

The irony is delicious.

Where was your concern for the BIG PICTURE then?

But now you want OTHERS to think of the big picture impact on YOU?

Stop! You're killing me! :D

Bear96 said:
You're crackin' me up!

Someone from one of AA's unions is now suddenly worried about the impact other airlines' employees' actions will have on the industry as a whole and on employees at other airlines. "Think of others!" she says. "Don't put your own concerns first! Think of what this will do to airline jobs in the industry! Solidarity forever!"

Absolutely hilarious!

Aren't you from one of those groups who thought only ME ME ME when it came to stapling the TWA-ers?

The irony is delicious.

Where was your concern for the BIG PICTURE then?

But now you want OTHERS to think of the big picture impact on YOU?

Stop! You're killing me! :D
[post="264426"][/post]​

Bear, the mechanics and ramp went to binding arbitration with regards for TWA. They got their allegheny/mohawk provisions restored even though they agreed to waive them as part of the AA/TWA deal. The arbitrator put a fence around the two groups. They have their full TWA seniority at their bases. Did you just expect nAAtives to "step aside" and let the TWAers decimate us with their seniority systemwide? AA could just as have easily reduced AFW instead of MCI or ORD instead of STL. If they did this the all the TWAers would still be working and even more nAAtives would be gone.

aafsc said:
Did you just expect nAAtives to "step aside" and let the TWAers decimate us with their seniority systemwide?
[post="264440"][/post]​
Based on PK's posts and her suddenly having seen the light about sticking together and "doing the right thing" and all that, I would have suspected she also would have welcomed her TWA brothers and sisters to AA with open arms, seniority and all.

All for one and one for all, you know!

Why the need for arbitration and all that? After all, when you expect employees at another airline to fall on the sword for you, the way she is expecting U and UA folk to do now for her, it must mean she would have been willing to take the hit when her turn for magnanimity was up and made way for her more senior TW colleagues who were in a bad spot through no fault of their own.

Bear96 said:
Based on PK's posts and her suddenly having seen the light about sticking together and "doing the right thing" and all that, I would have suspected she also would have welcomed her TWA brothers and sisters to AA with open arms, seniority and all.

All for one and one for all, you know!

Why the need for arbitration and all that? After all, when you expect employees at another airline to fall on the sword for you, the way she is expecting U and UA folk to do now for her, it must mean she would have been willing to take the hit when her turn for magnanimity was up and made way for her more senior TW colleagues who were in a bad spot through no fault of their own.
[post="264445"][/post]​
Why should not the TWAers be the "magnanimous ones"? For the last 15 years of TWA's existance they gave concession after concession putting downward pressure on wages while Icahn profited immensely. At EAL the strike shut it down which did two things. 1. It immensly helped the wages at the other carriers. 2. The strike occured as soon as it was allowed therefore ending Lorenzo's financial rape (profiteering at EAL). Should the nAAtives (who had industry leading contracts at the time, except for pilots) have rewarded the TWAers (who were paid the lowest because of continuous capitulation) by giving them our jobs and our wages that we fought for by giving them their full seniority everywhere? I think not. Why reward those who capitulated themselves to the bottom of the industry payscale by giving them our jobs at top industry rates? How would you have felt if some senior F/A from US came and threw you out onto the street if the US/UA merger would have succeeded? And US was a lot weaker than UA at that time. As far as what the UA people will do, that is their choice and I respect their right to choose. If they choose to work for what Tilton wants to give them, and AA follows suit then so be it, I am prepared for that.

aafsc

You're missing the point.

aafsc said:
As far as what the UA people will do, that is their choice and I respect their right to choose.
[post="264465"][/post]​
Thank you. And because of that, my previous posts weren't directed towards you.

Rather, they were directed towards Princess Kigadakawhatever and any other AA-er who supported the stapling of the TWA-ers because it benefitted them at the moment no matter the long term effects on industry union "solidarity," but who now want to tell U and UA union members to sacrifice themselves in the name of industry solidarity so they won't have to suffer any more than they already will be in the coming couple of years.

They can't have it both ways. That is my only point. You don't appear to be in that group.

Let's get one thing straight "CUB"96. I NEVER advocated stapling of the TWA employees! I supported a RATIO:3or4 to 1 DOVETAIL with NO FENCES. Don't get me wrong I was against AA buying TWA for I knew exactly what would happen if we bought them. Don Carty made a stupid deal,but I don't hold anything against the TWA employees. AA bought TWA and like it or not their employees were entitled to at least some of their seniority. The mechanics and ramp employees did our seniority integration exactly as ALLEGHENY-MOHAWK called out. The arbitrator ruled and that should be it!

Latest posts