PDT Pay--Not for some

lostplanetairman

Advanced
Jan 12, 2005
On my pilot's wives board today, people were posting that PDT didn't make payroll today for pilots and FA's. They said the company insists it was the bank's fault. Does anyone know anything because a lot of my fellow pilot wives are facing issues with mortgage payments automatically deducted while PDT is failing to pay on time!

HRDiva

Unless something's changed, PDT Payroll doesn't come out of Tempe. In my day, PDT Customer Service checks came out of MDT. Not sure if pilots and FA come out of the same facility, or if theirs are processed in SBY.

Still a problem for those w/o checks, yes, but for a change, it's not Tempe's mistake.

Mark your calendars; I came to Tempe's defense.

Yes PDT did miss the 30th pay for pilots & F/A's.

They insist that it was an error on PNC Bank's part. The deposits were to be made by the end of the day on Tuesday if you banked with PNC and overnight if you banked with any other bank. PDT offered to pay for any penalties or overdraft fees that its employees received due to the banking error.

Yes the deposit was in my account this am.

And yes PDT's payroll is processed at the SSO office in MDT.

As of now, some of my pilot wives members on my board are saying they have still not been paid. They are very upset. Actually, they are beyond upset.

Yes the company says they will pay late fees and apologize.

But we are in tight times. Credit is tight. The company stands to alter employees' credit ratings if they bounce mortgage payments, etc.

Remember--this is PDT--people are not paid well to begin with--let alone this.

I'm just a reporter of the angst. I'm not a pilot wife of a PDT pilot.

HRDiva

By the way, I was in banking for many years. I can't imagine what would cause this to happen other than the funds were not there.

As of now, some of my pilot wives members on my board are saying they have still not been paid. They are very upset. Actually, they are beyond upset.

Yes the company says they will pay late fees and apologize.

But we are in tight times. Credit is tight. The company stands to alter employees' credit ratings if they bounce mortgage payments, etc.

Remember--this is PDT--people are not paid well to begin with--let alone this.

I'm just a reporter of the angst. I'm not a pilot wife of a PDT pilot.

HRDiva

By the way, I was in banking for many years. I can't imagine what would cause this to happen other than the funds were not there.

I have been at PDT for 8.5 years and this is the first time its happened. I am not gonna freak out about it! Money is there now, they will pay for any problems. Life goes on.........

I'm not sure why some still haven't been paid. It is my understanding that those that bank with PNC were paid on the 30th, others including myself were paid overnight. My pay was in the bank when I got up on Oct 1 at 0630.

I mentioned in another thread that I had an incident about 1 1/2 years ago where it appeared that I hadn't been paid. After checking with the bank & the company it was determined that after 15+ years of direct deposit for some unknown reason the company decided to send me a paper check. It was waiting in my mailbox at my base.

I have been at PDT for 8.5 years and this is the first time its happened. I am not gonna freak out about it! Money is there now, they will pay for any problems. Life goes on.........

Yes, I guess it's ok, unless your mortgage payment bounced and now, given hard times in the credit world, your credit rating is impacted. Life goes on--just not as deserved........if I ran my dept the way that happened, heads would roll....

HRDiva

Yes, I guess it's ok, unless your mortgage payment bounced and now, given hard times in the credit world, your credit rating is impacted. Life goes on--just not as deserved........if I ran my dept the way that happened, heads would roll....

HRDiva

First off I am sorry that you're in the finacial position that a second part of a monthly check would cause so much heartache. Maybe you need a smaller mortgage payment if this is gonna bounce on you. Remember, you should only be paying a quarter of your monthly income on a house.

Second, the company stated its the banks fault. Any over drafts will be taken care of.

Third, after the first two what do you want accomplished?

So yes, Life Goes on.

Um, WSurf, their financial situation is none of your business. I would like to see how your company would react to not receiving funds that are due on a certain date. Wait, are you usair management? Never mind. The Wizard of Oz is looking for you. He found a heart for you. And you might want to inquire of a brain as well.

Um, WSurf, their financial situation is none of your business. I would like to see how your company would react to not receiving funds that are due on a certain date. Wait, are you usair management? Never mind. The Wizard of Oz is looking for you. He found a heart for you. And you might want to inquire of a brain as well.

Has nothing to do with heart. Its was a bank error, and it is what it is. I am sure we have all paid a bill late. Banks can make errors and we can sometimes forget about paying a bill ourselves.

In my almost 9 years, I have never had a payroll issue. Its happens.

Money's in the bank and all is well.

LIFE GOES ON.

WHY? Perhaps because those highly successful and well managed companies placed a value on their employees.

There's an idea that PDT never considered. Value its employees.

PDT probably did what they always do, they went and found the cheapest payroll provider, payroll software, bank that they could find.

However as WSurf has said, in this case it appears to have been a bank error.

Yes, I guess it's ok, unless your mortgage payment bounced and now, given hard times in the credit world, your credit rating is impacted.

First off I am sorry that you're in the finacial position that a second part of a monthly check would cause so much heartache. Maybe you need a smaller mortgage payment if this is gonna bounce on you. Remember, you should only be paying a quarter of your monthly income on a house.

Another's financial situation is none of anyone's business.

Having had the "pleasure" of being "Expressed," I know first-hand how pathetically low EN payscales are. Many of the folks who work there do so because they really want to work. Money certainly isn't the big draw.

Working for Express is a hand-to-mouth existence. After 17 years at mainline pay, the day I opened my first EN paycheck was a rude awakening and a fast belt-tightening.

I need to make one remark that is slightly off topic. Express employees deserve a lot more respect than they get from their mainline counterparts. They do the same job - and more, in some cases - for less than 1/2 the money. It was an interesting experience to leave work at mainline on a Friday and to walk into work on Monday as the bastard at the US Airways Group family reunion.

Working for Express is a hand-to-mouth existence. After 17 years at mainline pay, the day I opened my first EN paycheck was a rude awakening and a fast belt-tightening.

I need to make one remark that is slightly off topic. Express employees deserve a lot more respect than they get from their mainline counterparts. They do the same job - and more, in some cases - for less than 1/2 the money. It was an interesting experience to leave work at mainline on a Friday and to walk into work on Monday as the bastard at the US Airways Group family reunion.

I am sorry about your own personal experience and for the many others that have been "Expressed". I know several ex-mainline employees that took 50% pay cuts when EN took over their stations, even though they went to the top of the pay scale. But please remember it wasn't PDT's fault.

Your kind words about express employees should be passed on to everyone at the mainline. It's past time that mainline employees stop treating the express employees as second class employees. At least with the wholly owned express companies we are all in this together and most of us are trying to help this company not only survive but thrive.

I am sorry about your own personal experience and for the many others that have been "Expressed". I know several ex-mainline employees that took 50% pay cuts when EN took over their stations, even though they went to the top of the pay scale. But please remember it wasn't PDT's fault.

Your kind words about express employees should be passed on to everyone at the mainline. It's past time that mainline employees stop treating the express employees as second class employees. At least with the wholly owned express companies we are all in this together and most of us are trying to help this company not only survive but thrive.
I agree with you NC FLYER. I believe that all of the EN and PS employees are looked down upon as 2nd class citizens on the Titanic. They deserve a lot more than what they get. At EN, there are what I would term Rogue mgmt running either the EN stations or the ramp such as our case. Youd never believe what kinds of crap they do and get away with being non union. I though will be heading to mainline as soon as I can get the start date, will feel for those stuck at EN. With En's top scale of 12.75 an hr, in some cities such as ABE, we handle one Airbus A-319 jet daily, plus 4 or 5 Dashes and 1 each CRJ-700 and 900 and now deicing to come into play. I think its alot for the skimpy wages of 12.75 an hr given what we all have to do.