Pension Reform

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
It has come to my attention that the Defined Benefit (DB) pension issue and legislative relief will be heard tomorrow in Congress and ALPA International personnel will try to get H.R. 2719 put on pending legislation as an amendment.

Tomorrow could be a big day to protect employee pensions, restore the pilot DB plan, and for US Airways and the other network carriers to lower their pension obligations/unit costs.

Regards,

Chip

Am I the only one who finds it humorous that George W. will cough up 80+ billion for Iraq, but he opposes helping airlines with their pension obligations. :blink:

Chip is correct, tomorrow is a big day. Let's hope that congress can get it's act together and do what's right.

I don't find it humorous, just discusting.
Anybody who would vote Nazi (republican) during the next election is crazy.
The only ones GB2 is looking out for is Oil, Haliburton (oil), and defense contractors (to defend oil). :down:

But then I guess I will be labeled "unpatriotic".

a320av8r said:
I don't find it humorous, just discusting.
Anybody who would vote Nazi (republican) during the next election is crazy.
The only ones GB2 is looking out for is Oil, Haliburton (oil), and defense contractors (to defend oil). :down:

But then I guess I will be labeled "unpatriotic".
I see Haliburton was awarded yet another 'No Bid' contract for work in Iraq.

I've also read that W's people are insistent the UK firms are not given preferential status in any bidding for work in Iraq.Tony Blair put his faith in W (And his arse in a sling)and now he can't even get a bone for his own companies.

Shameful when you consider we killed more British troops during combat ops than the Iraqi military did. :down: