People who won't shut up on the PA

comeflywithme

Mar 18, 2006
I'm writing to vent a little bit. I recenltly had the opportunity to fly with a wonderfully nice crew on a 4-day trip. During this trip we had a FA who, though very nice, did not know when to put the damn PA down. It was extremely annoying to myself, my co-workers, and my passengers.

Now, I'm not saying that we should sit there with the book 100% of the time reading every single word out of it. However, I am here to say it would be a PLEASURE to see FA's become a little more knowledgable with what the announcements are, and then go from there.

When doing the taxi-in announcement....do it by the book people!! This FA spent 5 minutes telling passengers things they really did not need (or want) to hear. By the time the FA was done I wanted to pick up the PA and appologize for thier rudeness. It should never come to this.

If you feel the need to be heard, GO INTO BROADCASTING, DO VOICEOVERS, OR JUST STAND ON THE STREET AND YELL WHATEVER SUITS YOUR FANCY. "LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE ARE HERE ON THE STREET CORNER OF CAMELBACK AND 24TH STREET. HERE ON YOUR LEFT....."

JUST NOT NOT NOT NOT ON MY PLANE!!

Best wishes!

comeflywithme

I'm writing to vent a little bit. I recenltly had the opportunity to fly with a wonderfully nice crew on a 4-day trip. During this trip we had a FA who, though very nice, did not know when to put the damn PA down. It was extremely annoying to myself, my co-workers, and my passengers.

Now, I'm not saying that we should sit there with the book 100% of the time reading every single word out of it. However, I am here to say it would be a PLEASURE to see FA's become a little more knowledgable with what the announcements are, and then go from there.

When doing the taxi-in announcement....do it by the book people!! This FA spent 5 minutes telling passengers things they really did not need (or want) to hear. By the time the FA was done I wanted to pick up the PA and appologize for thier rudeness. It should never come to this.

If you feel the need to be heard, GO INTO BROADCASTING, DO VOICEOVERS, OR JUST STAND ON THE STREET AND YELL WHATEVER SUITS YOUR FANCY. "LADIES AND GENTLEMAN WE ARE HERE ON THE STREET CORNER OF CAMELBACK AND 24TH STREET. HERE ON YOUR LEFT....."

JUST NOT NOT NOT NOT ON MY PLANE!!

Best wishes!

comeflywithme

What kind of stuff did the this FA say? The BOA offer?

(from the continental crewroom in lgw.) i know exactly what you mean. shut the f up and do it the way your supposed to!!!

I have flown with that [edited by mod]! It's true! He won't shut the hell up even on night flights. He's on my no-fly list.

Is Eddie still on the 757? Lord he just won't shut up. We all hide in he galley when he starts up.

Now the BAC111 was back in the 80's. I started in 85..Met a cute FO then....hmmmm wonder where he is today-was based in PIT..

That’s nuthin’.

You should have heard Cap’n Eddie’s Welcome Aboard announcements when he flew the 9.

Especially when you had a couple of PIT-ELM-ITH turns in your day.

Oh Yeah! Cap'n "Let Me Draw You" Eddie!! :shock:

Yep, that's Eddie H.
Wonder if he knows he's famous on this aviation page?

Quite a character he is. have not seen him in 10 yrs or longer.

Latest posts