Person hit by airplane on landing

Oddly, this makes two ground fatalities for WN, the other being killed in Chicago when one of their aircraft slid off the runway and into a minivan driving past MDW.

I can't think of any other airline who has killed more people on the ground outside of a crash.

Oddly, this makes two ground fatalities for WN, the other being killed in Chicago when one of their aircraft slid off the runway and into a minivan driving past MDW.

I can't think of any other airline who has killed more people on the ground outside of a crash.
You are way off there E. What made you post something like that? I know of two other airlines that have had deaths of people outside of accidents. IF your accident comment is about an aircraft crashing. There have been numerous employees that have died while moving, relocating, doing maint., and other incidents that sometimes the media never hears about. And BTW, the first one you mention above was an accident after landing long and going off the end of a runway and ending up at a gas station. Now what do we call this incident where someone was on the runway? Accident? Incident? Trespasser? Fence jumper? IDN as of yet, but do know it was NOT a badged airport worker. I'll even stretch out there and say it's not the flight crews fault. But now here lies a good question. If they were cleared to land, why wasn't they notified by ground support or tower for a go around? This may spark new procedures where a Tower employee or maybe ground will have to do a scan of the runway before clearance for landings are called.
No matter how you wanna look at it the airline you talk about is the top safest airline out there. I take your little comment a bit personal the way you phrased it.

I’m talking about where an aircraft on its own wheels under power hits a bystander. Take it personal, but this has happened to WN twice, once during a runway excursion and once during a routine landing. It’s not a dig. It’s simply an odd stat.

This guy was 22 years old with no ID on him, hmmmmm. Fence jumper? Attempted suicide maybe?? Definitely NOT an airport worker.
Wonder how the pilot feels? Would it not be the same as hitting and killing an individual in your car? I hope he is pulled from flying temp until he can get over this incident...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/92f19adf-a6dd-3f1d-b115-083ba064beab/southwest-plane-strikes-.html

In the Chicago area, it's hard to find a railroad engineer that hasn't hit a suicide or idiot pedestrian who ignored the big red flashing lights. They get a couple mandatory days off, and then for most it's back to work. They know there's nothing they could do to avoid it at the speeds they travel.

Reactions: robbedagain