Personnel Changes

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
# DULLES, Va., March 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Atlantic Coast Airlines Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACAI - News) and Independence Air today announce the appointment of Rick Pelc to the position of Senior Director, Washington Dulles Airport. He will be responsible for all operational elements at Independence Air's Dulles hub -- which will become the largest low-fare hub in the U.S.

He comes to Independence Air following 25 years in operational and management positions with US Airways. For the past five years he was Station Director at their Philadelphia hub. During that time, the operation nearly doubled in size, including the addition of a new 38-gate regional jet concourse and an 800,000 square foot international terminal.

Prior to that, he served in management roles at the airline's hubs in Charlotte, Boston and Pittsburgh. He originally joined the company as part of Allegheny Airlines, which eventually became part of US Airways.

Independence Air Chairman and CEO Kerry Skeen said, "Our goal for the Independence Air Washington Dulles hub is very clear -- we want to create an airport experience that is faster and easier than anything customers have ever experienced before. We think Rick is exactly the right person to handle that job. He has the operational experience we need, and customer service expertise that is among the best in the industry. We're very excited to welcome him to the Independence Air team."

Who would have thought it I knew Rick when he was a lowly ticket agent in PIT 25 years ago. I don't think he will be any better at this new job than he was at his previous j o b's Gib

I congradulate him. He must have been "head hunted" for the job and probably took 30-40 seconds to consider it. Jumping off the US Titianic Airways really ain't such a bad idea right now. As to his abilities, I don't think anyone really knows, US corporate micro-manages just about everything in the Stations. He couldn't sneeze without approval from Crellin. If Independence allows him to manage, he might actually be able to accomplish something or not.

Well it looks like we will be Ground Handling ACA in our station once they make the break from UAL. Are there any other U stations that look like they may be doing the same?

Old PSA said:
I congradulate him. He must have been "head hunted" for the job and probably took 30-40 seconds to consider it. Jumping off the US Titianic Airways really ain't such a bad idea right now. As to his abilities, I don't think anyone really knows, US corporate micro-manages just about everything in the Stations. He couldn't sneeze without approval from Crellin. If Independence allows him to manage, he might actually be able to accomplish something or not.
maybe he would have stayed if they had given him 4% more in compensation. :lol: