Petition AGAINST US Airways China Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bryan240sx

Next Stop...NOT CHINA!

Hi folks...you might know me from the other boards.

Sorry guys, if they can't get an 737 off the ground for CLT-PHL, I'm giving the vote of ZERO confidence in China service.

I'm starting a campaign... I'm collecting names and sending a meaningless letter full of unverifiable signatures to the DOT just like US Airways is

Join me if you wish. Please don't flame me if you're against me. Just seeking support.

Their state of affairs with the DOT speaks for itself: They have no regard for the US Department of Transportation or its regulations.

You shouldn't make such lofty claims without providing examples or evidence. The next sentences after this statement should have been "because of A, B, and C." While it is fine that you are doing what you are doing, you should have had someone with an eye for editing and proper argument writing edit this letter....lots of errors.

And since you didn't explain what you meant by the above claim in the letter, would you mind explaining the disregard for DOT regulations? Which regulations are you even speaking of? All of them? :rolleyes:

You shouldn't make such lofty claims without providing examples or evidence. The next sentences after this statement should have been "because of A, B, and C." While it is fine that you are doing what you are doing, you should have had someone with an eye for editing and proper argument writing edit this letter....lots of errors.

And since you didn't explain what you meant by the above claim in the letter, would you mind explaining the disregard for DOT regulations? Which regulations are you even speaking of? All of them? :rolleyes:

It's a living document and can be edited, my good man.

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/publications/flyrights.htm

Pretty much everything in there is thrown out the window at US Airways, but the purpose of this thread was to get people to sign my petition, not debate the airline and I'd appreciate us keeping it on topic.

Get lost!! :angry:

Next Stop...NOT CHINA!

Sorry guys, if they can't get an 737 off the ground for CLT-PHL, I'm giving the vote of ZERO confidence in China service.

I'm starting a campaign... I'm collecting names and sending a meaningless letter full of unverifiable signatures to the DOT just like US Airways is

Join me if you wish. Please don't flame me if you're against me. Just seeking support.

Next Stop...NOT CHINA!

Uh lets see,like it was said got some examples... :up: besides its negative to my bottom line.

Next Stop...NOT CHINA!

What a joke! You can't even get the plane right- it's a 767 on CLT-PHL and A340 on PHL-PEK.

US Airways has an excellent shot at the service, a strong international network which US Airways grows AND maintains. The PHL region needs not one, but 2 China destinations and PHL-PEK is a start!

If you think US Airways is going to take you seriously as you fake signatures(that's all you can do as you stated yourself: "I'm collecting names and sending a meaningless letter full of unverifiable signatures to the DOT", you won't have much support), then you are further degrading yourself and showing everyone how big of a joke you and the groups you represent are.

They mean on a typical day, US Airways can't even get it's act together for something as simple as a 737 between it's two biggest hubs.

More transatlantic tales- saw some crews today coming in from Europe. Both Athens and Shannon were sent out the other night hours late (after being re-crewed twice of course) without any Catering for Envoy. Flight Attendants were told to serve COACH meals up front, in the cardboard box. No glassware or plates were even catered, no arrival service. Business Class passengers were served a cardboard box of pasta, coach beverages in plastic cups, and a granola bar for breakfast on a 10 hour flight. To top it off only one movie in english was boarded on the Athens flight. The Shannon B757 had one toilet blocked to begin with, and another overflowed waste onto the floor before it diverted to Harrisburg.

This airline should not be in business. DO NOT let this horrible joke of America West in US Airways drag attempt even more ambitious service. It is not fair to the traveling public or the poor employees who have to represent this mess.

They mean on a typical day, US Airways can't even get it's act together for something as simple as a 737 between it's two biggest hubs.

More transatlantic tales- saw some crews today coming in from Europe. Both Athens and Shannon were sent out the other night hours late (after being re-crewed twice of course) without any Catering for Envoy. Flight Attendants were told to serve COACH meals up front, in the cardboard box. No glassware or plates were even catered, no arrival service. Business Class passengers were served a cardboard box of pasta, coach beverages in plastic cups, and a granola bar for breakfast on a 10 hour flight. To top it off only one movie in english was boarded on the Athens flight. The Shannon B757 had one toilet blocked to begin with, and another overflowed waste onto the floor before it diverted to Harrisburg.

This airline should not be in business. DO NOT let this horrible joke of America West in US Airways drag attempt even more ambitious service. It is not fair to the traveling public or the poor employees who have to represent this mess.

It's you people in the east gumming up the works as usual!! Hey lets all sign a document that further keeps us behind, no wonder why your operation was a broke failure and now trying to drag us down with you. No excuse for any of what you just said. Blocked toilet?? Let us know up front so it can be handled PRIOR to departure!! No food let us know so we can get catering on the line but this constant moaning of how the airline sucks just QUIT ALREADY!!

What a joke! You can't even get the plane right- it's a 767 on CLT-PHL and A340 on PHL-PEK.

Really? Where is it?

US Airways has an excellent shot at the service, a strong international network which US Airways grows AND maintains. The PHL region needs not one, but 2 China destinations and PHL-PEK is a start!

No, no and not necessarily.

If you think US Airways is going to take you seriously as you fake signatures(that's all you can do as you stated yourself: "I'm collecting names and sending a meaningless letter full of unverifiable signatures to the DOT", you won't have much support), then you are further degrading yourself and showing everyone how big of a joke you and the groups you represent are.

US Airways doesn't have to take him seriously; the DOT does. He doesn't help himself by refering to it as "meaningless," considering that the information on the page could easily be verified by sending correspondence to the email addresses for confirmation.

Is he degrading himself? Is he showing everyone that he's a joke? Maybe, but then I've seen a certain website that is full of grammatical errors, self-important assertions and hero worship for the utterly undeserving.

Are you kidding me?

"Let us know up front blah blah"- do you really think that cabin crew didn't inform the flight deck that they were about to embark on a ten hour flight without food? The company (America West's wonderful management) felt it was OK to send it in that condition rather than prepare another set of catering. As usual, they waited until the crew went illegal to re-crew it and no one bothered to tell catering not to throw out the meals on the returned flight. Same with the blocked toilet- since the merger this type of thing has been deemed acceptable. You are correct that there is no excuse for any of the above. Attempting to blame it on crews is pretty lame, but maybe in the low cost world crews make catering and plumbing decisions and that's the viewpoint you are coming from.

It's a little more complicated than getting on the horn in Vegas for a gizmo bag of tit-bits or whatever for the haul to Tuscon.

The company made the decision to send these flights and many others in these conditions. The international schedule leaves late or cancels every night due to piss-poor aircraft and crew planning, and widebody aircraft (those are the big ones with two aisles) are sent across the ocean with catering fit for an RJ.

You're a flamebaiter so I won't entertain your comments too much, but our transatlantic operation never looked like this pre-merger. In fact, only a few short years ago we won best cabin staff, best economy class, and best business class for North America. I can assure you seven hour delays, cardboard boxes and human sh*t did not win those awards. I can only hope you are joking or being ironic when you refer to America West being dragged down.

Why don't you QUIT ALREADY since all you do is moan about your new co-workers who vastly outnumber you. You clearly have a very lonely and difficult career ahead of you.

It's a living document and can be edited, my good man.

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/publications/flyrights.htm

Pretty much everything in there is thrown out the window at US Airways, but the purpose of this thread was to get people to sign my petition, not debate the airline and I'd appreciate us keeping it on topic.

I was trying to help you send a letter to the DOT that they will actually take seriously. In its current form, if I were a member of the DOT I would read it as a group of mechanics from DL or something like who drafted a letter to try and help another carrier's cause. You actually need to make arguments that are supported by facts and arranged in a readable, argumentative fashion....not just a rambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts