Philadelphia Airport...disgusting

Twicebaked

Veteran
May 22, 2003
Who is responsible for cleaning the jetways and gate seating areas in the Philadelphia Airport?

Does Philly not have a airport manager?

With PHL being US Airways "crown jewel", you would think it would be clean.

Charlotte is doing the same "replacing" of the podiums that Philadelphia is and it does NOT look like PHL. The carpets are being replaced. The gate signs are being updated and the jetways are pretty much spotless. The old podiums are gone too.

For those of you that have not been through PHL lately....

The old podiums that were taken out are either replaced with chairs, carpeting that doesn't even match, no carpeting at all (just a hole) or they are still there collecting dust. The jetways are the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I don't think the carpeting in the gate areas have been replaced since Eastern was there.

If US is not responsible for the cleaning and/or up keep of these areas, they best get on the a*$#s of those who are.

This looks bad for US Airways in the customers eyes regardless of who is responsible. CCY....are you reading this???????? :down: :down: :down:

Heard the cleaners who clean the ready rooms got the contract to clean the over nighters! Any truth to that? If its is don't expect much cleaning......

Well at least the transition from the jetway to the A/C will be a smooth one! Being that the A/C now are smelly, dirty, run down, and just overall SHABBY! I've had many passengers comment on how horrible our airplanes now look, and believe it or not they are asking how old they are and if they are STILL safe to fly on.....and most of them are the Airbus A/C! Image is pretty important, but I guess that's just one more thing that doesn't seem important to this management team! :down:

PineyBob said:
I was just about to ask that question 700UW. Only a government agency could do that poor a job. The Jetways are a toilet.

Sky high states: You should see the crew rooms!! "Trashed" and NO WHERE decent to sit and relax!!!

The philly airport as a whole is just horrible. As our "Crown Jewel" it should be a bit cleaner. Being that the whole damn B and C concourse is gray on gray on gray doesnt make it look any better either. At least its a consistent atmosphere.....dirty ticket counter to dirty gate area to dirty jetway to dirty aircraft. It's horrible.

700UW said:
Utility is not responsible for the terminal and the jetways.
[post="253803"][/post]​

Actually at LGA Utility IS responsible for the cleaning of jetways. The rotation or schedule is supposed to be 1 jetway a night Gates 1-22 ( minus a gate 13 and 14 which there are none ) with a full scrubbing and steam cleaning of the carpet. This has not been done for more than two years obviously due to job cuts and was assigned to shift 3.

700UW said:
I am talking about now, not then.
[post="254332"][/post]​

Isnt that item still in the job description. Our jetways were very dirty we asked why we couldnt use a outside vendor. The reason was possible greivences by utility.

The current CBA states any work performed by utility MAY be OUTSOURCED.

Take the time to get the facts.

Latest posts