PHL CREW ROOM

Travelpro72

Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
So what the hell is going on with the new crew room. Can someone lurking on these boards with a TRUE answer give us some information? Please lets shy away from the zany posts and ridiculous jokes. I was just in the crew room this evening in PHL and it's STILL hotter than hells kitchen. It has even cooled down a bit outside and it's HOT. I also have walked around the area and there is NOTHING whatsoever going on over there. If anyone is trying to post BS about construction going on they are FULL OF IT. Just as there have been promises by management of service enhancements, uniform rollouts and OHHHH how I could go on the promise of a new crew room has gone UNDELIVERED. You plan on building new for your little "HQ" away from "HQ"? You better fix the G-Damn crew room. We have computers (new) that more than HALF don't work in part of no maintenance coupled with 100 degrees. Computers can't run properly when they are in a steaming environment. Doors propped open to catch a breeze of Jet-A? FILTH all over the place and F'n accommodations to put up with that are 3rd world. I know other departments feel the same pain. GET ON WITH THE ANSWERS PLEASE! ! ! ! !

I would be happy with a tv to watch during the numerous hours of OPR i sit month after month. As for the new crew room, I inquired not too long ago and I was told that they were having a controversy with contractors and permits, etc. The same old run around you get when you start asking too many questions. My thought, they hired someone to draw up plans and get us all excited about it, just to realize it was going to cost too much and decide to postpone it indefinitely. :huh:

So what the hell is going on with the new crew room. Can someone lurking on these boards with a TRUE answer give us some information? Please lets shy away from the zany posts and ridiculous jokes. I was just in the crew room this evening in PHL and it's STILL hotter than hells kitchen. It has even cooled down a bit outside and it's HOT. I also have walked around the area and there is NOTHING whatsoever going on over there. If anyone is trying to post BS about construction going on they are FULL OF IT. Just as there have been promises by management of service enhancements, uniform rollouts and OHHHH how I could go on the promise of a new crew room has gone UNDELIVERED. You plan on building new for your little "HQ" away from "HQ"? You better fix the G-Damn crew room. We have computers (new) that more than HALF don't work in part of no maintenance coupled with 100 degrees. Computers can't run properly when they are in a steaming environment. Doors propped open to catch a breeze of Jet-A? FILTH all over the place and F'n accommodations to put up with that are 3rd world. I know other departments feel the same pain. GET ON WITH THE ANSWERS PLEASE! ! ! ! !

I TOTALLY Agree With You Travelpro...OMG Did I Just Say That? :D

Well...honey...ahem...have you thought about HRT? It might with help with the feelings of being hot as well as the mood swings. No...just kidding.

The filth has been there for ever and you're just now noticing??? Hell, I'm surprised the health dept hasn't shut the whole bloody airport down years ago. It's a Hazmat event.

:eek: :eek:

travelpro , i will try to find something out for you tomorrow (monday). i myself am curious as to what the hell is going on.

travelpro , i will try to find something out for you tomorrow (monday). i myself am curious as to what the hell is going on.

A supervisor told me that it had something to do with the airport providing the workers with IDs. This was a few weeks ago and I do not remember the timeline the company was given for the workers to receive their IDs, but at the time I remember thinking it sounded like a really long time.

Nothing factual, just something a supervisor in the "B" crewroom told me a few weeks back.

this was the response i just got from sherri shamblin

"K- We are finalizing the agreement with the contractor this week. We should be ready to start construction within the next 7-10 days. Sherri"

"K- We are finalizing the agreement with the contractor this week. We should be ready to start construction within the next 7-10 days. Sherri"

Wow! Such progress! This is the crew room which was supposed to be completed last October. Our great grandchildren will be will be down in the PHL Filth Pot checking in on CATCREW before the new crew room is complete.

Actually, I don't think they will ever build it because Doogie expects to be merged again.

That is similar to the answer I got. They told me they were working out problems with permits and contractors. I assume they have to get a SIDA badge to do the work and I was told that can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to get. Even a new parking ID takes a while to get now, if your current one is expired. New TSA rules began in October. Plus USAirways would have to foot the bill for their badges.

Well thanks for the explaination as to the excuse they gave you Etops. It just gets better. I know dealing with contractors, permits and local authorities can be a difficult task. I'm not discounting that at all but it's all just BS. I'm sure most of you see that. The crew room is NOT a priority as other things are on the burner. Just as why the May "crew news" session is on hold until May 7th. Mmmmm hmmmm. Anyhow how hard would it have been to post a letter or a CBS message saying something like, "Hey all I reallize it's a disaster down here and we truly are trying to get better accomodations for you. What is happening is this.....". But NOOOOOO you have to post something on Usaviation and have someone get results. Again appreciated Etops.

:rolleyes: I just don't understand why the poster didn't just e-mail Sherri or as inflight for this answer insteaad of posting on this forum? It's beyond me :shock: why you choose to complain and moan on here, but fail to go to the source of information to get a real answer :up:

i did ask sherri to put a cbs out to the f/a group as to the status of the crew room and her reply was:

" K- I really want to wait until its confirmed, and the I'd be happy to put something out. Take care, Sherri"
--------------------------

this really sounds to me like a contractor issue. alot is happening within our airline . especially now. so changes and decisions are being made everyday that i am sure affects the outcome of this project. i do agree with travelpro though in that it seems like the new crewroom initiative has been placed in the backburner not becasue the company wants to but just because of all the political bs that the company has to go through with tinicum and the city of phl.

Wasn't this crewroom promised to the PHL based FAs in 2005 after the merger was finalised?

Three years later and they haven't even started yet?!? :down:

I will take another one of those trademarked "Cross Slaps" for Ms. Shambles please!

bitch_slap.jpg

Latest posts