PHL Dayroom

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
First off, sorry to the mods for posting this here. I tried the Destination page, but got no takers.
I will be in PHL for a conx of 8 hours coming up and was wondering if anyone knows if the Marriott in the airport offers day rooms? If so, what was the last amount you paid for it and did they kick you out at a certain time? If not, do you know of any other close hotels (I dont really want a 15-30 min ride there) that offer employees day rooms? Were you able to book in advance or are they availabilty day of only?
Thanks for any assistance.

First off, sorry to the mods for posting this here. I tried the Destination page, but got no takers.
I will be in PHL for a conx of 8 hours coming up and was wondering if anyone knows if the Marriott in the airport offers day rooms? If so, what was the last amount you paid for it and did they kick you out at a certain time? If not, do you know of any other close hotels (I dont really want a 15-30 min ride there) that offer employees day rooms? Were you able to book in advance or are they availabilty day of only?
Thanks for any assistance.

I suggest the Airport Ramada. Their transportation is very prompt since their vans also serve as the shuttle for the off-airport parking lot which is adjacent to the hotel. They will likely have a much better day rate than the Marriott. Be sure to tell them you are an US Airways employee (assuming you are) for their best rate. The van ride is only about 10 minutes. Even with the van wait and ride, you would still get 5-6 hours to sleep or rest on an 8 hour layover.

If money were not a consideration, the most convenient day room is Minutes Suites on the A East/ B Concourse connector (next to the UPS Store...nearer to B than A.) It's a bit pricey and works out to $20/hr for airline employees. Others pay an extra $10 for the first hour. It's comfortable, but no shower facilities or bathroom like you would have with a hotel day room.

Last I checked the Marriot, $125+tax. Just as a side note, they raised their crew rate 4/1 to $99+tax. Ouch.
Cheaper to walk to A-West and hang out in the good A/C-little quieter there,too.
Have a MickeyD's and bring a book.
Have fun.

Last I checked the Marriot, $125+tax. Just as a side note, they raised their crew rate 4/1 to $99+tax. Ouch.
Cheaper to walk to A-West and hang out in the good A/C-little quieter there,too.
Have a MickeyD's and bring a book.
Have fun.

yeah the marriott used to be good at 69 plus tax but as you mentioned it's now at least 99 depending on time.

The courtyard marriott is nice and 89 plus tax but I agree for a day room the Ramada is good.

I prefer for overnights the courtyard, spend a little more put nice and new.