PHL-TLV bookable now!

PHL

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Looks like we can start booking TLV trips for next year. For the low price of $3900 I can book a non-refundable Envoy roundtrip ticket from PHL-TLV.

A nice red-eye flight over for 11 hours, and another red-eye flight home that lasts 12:20 (It does leave late night and arrives PHL at day break, so I guess it qualifies as a red eye, even though it's flying East-->West)

The seat maps for Coach come up, showing rows 7-36. Clicking on the biz class seat map, however, gives me a usairways.com error page that I've seen oh-so-many times.

Any further details on the 332 biz and coach seating, IFE, etc.? When are the first due for delivery?

Envoy Class will consist of the following:

1AB x CF x GH
2AB x CF x GH
3AB x CF x GH
4 x CF x

x= aisle.

4AB/GH will not be revenue seats. It will be either a crew rest or some kind of workplace for crews ie closet/part of galley. Details not final however.

Coach Class

Starts at row 7.

2-4-2 configuration.

-Kinglobjaw

The new A332's will be configured:

20 Envoy all revenue no designated crew rest seat similar to 333 and 767.

238 Economy

With a block time of 11:00 over and 12:20 back, where will the crew rest? I remember a thread about this a month or so ago about crew rest and I thought it was a foregone conclusion that a crew rest module would not be down below or above.

Are the seats similar to the 767 seats or will they perhaps do real horizontally lie-flats? Or, in a money saving move, will they just re-install the old 767 seats into the 332s with new covers? :eek: :eek:

It has actually been bookable for a few weeks already, but they're probably holding off a formal ennouncement until foreign govt approval is granted.

Envoy Class will consist of the following:

1AB x CF x GH
2AB x CF x GH
3AB x CF x GH
4 x CF x

x= aisle.

4AB/GH will not be revenue seats. It will be either a crew rest or some kind of workplace for crews ie closet/part of galley. Details not final however.

It looks like you've simply clicked on the seat map on the website and used that the basis for your explanation. At that point, that is essentially a rough draft that just reflects the number of seats available; I would not use that as a guideline for how the cabin (particularly the J cabin) will be configured. My understanding is that it will likely be 1x2x1 configuration up front.

By this do you mean that there will be a separate area for crew quarters? If not, I assume that they will have to block off 2 J seats as the westbound flight will need 2 IROs

It has actually been bookable for a few weeks already, but they're probably holding off a formal ennouncement until foreign govt approval is granted.

It looks like you've simply clicked on the seat map on the website and used that the basis for your explanation. At that point, that is essentially a rough draft that just reflects the number of seats available; I would not use that as a guideline for how the cabin (particularly the J cabin) will be configured. My understanding is that it will likely be 1x2x1 configuration up front.

By this do you mean that there will be a separate area for crew quarters? If not, I assume that they will have to block off 2 J seats as the westbound flight will need 2 IROs

Actually I haven't seen the seatmaps on US' site yet. Are they up and running now?

-Kinglobjaw

Actually I haven't seen the seatmaps on US' site yet. Are they up and running now?
Then why did you answer my OP with apparent authority that the seating config is a done deal ("Envoy Class will consist of the following....")??

As my post said, when I did a mock Envoy booking and tried to look at the seat map, usariways.com bombed out on me. But then again, this happens with current flights too..... So, as far as I could see there is not a valid seat map.

Then why did you answer my OP with apparent authority that the seating config is a done deal ("Envoy Class will consist of the following....")??

As my post said, when I did a mock Envoy booking and tried to look at the seat map, usariways.com bombed out on me. But then again, this happens with current flights too..... So, as far as I could see there is not a valid seat map.

It's been reported elsewhere that it's 4 rows of 2x2x2 in Envoy. He's just posting what he read elsewhere. It's reasonable to assume that the 4 rows of 2x2x2 is the final configuration.

I don't know anything about crew rest except it's going to be required with a flight of that duration, so who knows where they're going to put it. Some operators of A330 and A340 do it below deck. Northwest has the below deck crew rest. It is modular and can be quickly removed to accommodate extra cargo. Others just take passenger seats. I would imagine US would make it as close to the A330-300 as possible for commonality, which would mean passenger seats.

Coach is the same 2x4x2 as the A330-300, but fewer rows.

With a block time of 11:00 over and 12:20 back, where will the crew rest? I remember a thread about this a month or so ago about crew rest and I thought it was a foregone conclusion that a crew rest module would not be down below or above.

Are the seats similar to the 767 seats or will they perhaps do real horizontally lie-flats? Or, in a money saving move, will they just re-install the old 767 seats into the 332s with new covers? :eek: :eek:

No crew rest module.
New seat and configuration, not be the same as the B767 or the A333.

All I want to know is how many people applied for the speaker position. I want it so bad I can taste it!!

I wish I could have more specific dates for you off-hand, but in general it's as follows:

2 - 2Q
1 - 3Q
2 - 4Q

That's just fine. Here's another one: did I miss it or where are we flying these things. TLV for sure and maybe China (2 a/c) how about the other 2?

That's just fine. Here's another one: did I miss it or where are we flying these things. TLV for sure and maybe China (2 a/c) how about the other 2?
overheard that we will be losing some 330's (two I think) for more than just the checks that they are pulling the planes off the line for now. anyone know what the fleet plan is for the next couple of months? Are we keeping the same numbers with the 76's and A330's? Are the new planes a net gain in widebodies?

Latest posts