Piedmont/Allegheny recruiting flight attendants?

jetstewus

May 2, 2003
Can anyone working for either of these carriers confirm or deny if they are recruiting flight attendants. I have seen posts on flight attendant boards about people getting interviews. Just wondered if they were getting my resume...or maybe they don''t want to mess with furloughed mainline stews?

I went to a Shuttle America interview a couple of months ago. Thankfully, I was turned down. They seemed REAL hung up on the fact that I was a furloughed mainline flight attendant.

Any info about Piedmont or Allegheny''s recruiting would be helpful. Thanks!

PSA is hiring flight attendants. We are also wholly owned and have received news of CRJ 200 order of 60 which means big expansion. No problem being a furloughed ML f/a, I am. But accept that life is way different at express than life at mainline. It is what you make it and most of us try to make it fun. Good luck!

Two of my friends who will be furloughed in june as well went to an interview with piedmont about a month ago. A class is set to start
on june 5th. They turned it down because they were told theyd have to quit mainline and give up their seniority in order to work for express. I can''t say as much as i blame them. Top out pay for an express flight attendant is only half of what a main line flight attendant would make. But atleast
they are growing unlike mainline. Im not sure if they are still hiring
now or not.

Piedmont, Allegheny and PSA are ALL hiring right now. A friend of mine that was furloughed along with me after 9/11 was contacted by ALL THREE on the same day just a couple of weeks ago and he faxed his resume to them all over a year ago.

So for the hell of it, he went to the PSA interview yesterday in Dayton. He said he didn''t want to work for them, but was told by the recruiter there that US Airways mainline would be calling back MANY furloughed f/a''s in just a matter of months. I know this is just gossip, and quite frankly, I don''t think I would go back to flying after learning the value of what a decent job that isn''t going anywhere truly means...but I digress.

If you''re interested in working for "No-Money Air" with horrendous work rules, then yes...the Express carriers will welcome you with open arms.

I know working for express will be alot different but honestly, working for mainline was no walk in the park the last couple of years (with the exception of working to Europe...what a dream come true that was!) At this point I want to fly again. The express carriers seem like a good alternative since I would get to keep my number at mainline. I''m surprised Piedmont wants people to resign...I don''t think they were that way before...but they haven''t bothered contacting me even though I have faxed, called, emailed, etc.

I''ll be happy to fly for Allegheny or PSA. It sure beats (for me) working in an office. Sling a few cokes and call it a day...that''s my motto! Good luck, everyone!

Latest posts