Piedmont DC-3 in the Movies

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
At the end of the Movie Glory Road, the Team was Exiting the Piedmont DC3. For several minutes, the PIEDMONT AIRLINES name was displayed and a Full Shot of the aircraft was Shown. Damm, that Bird Looked Good. I remember being in CLT when our restored DC3 led the first CLT-LGW flight to the runway.

Yes, the tail # is N44V. I had a chance to get some seat time it flying from Andrews AFB down to Winston, then I just nonrevved back up to DCA. How often are you goning to get some flight time on one of those birds? The crew laughed when when I handed them one of the old blue non-revenue forms.

Piedmont was a great airline for one reason..." A CEO named Tom Davis"

The entire employee group respected him and he respected us. What a novel idea..??

That’s what sets company’s apart. I could have worked for free, if he would have asked me.

SL

At the end of the Movie Glory Road, the Team was Exiting the Piedmont DC3. For several minutes, the PIEDMONT AIRLINES name was displayed and a Full Shot of the aircraft was Shown. Damm, that Bird Looked Good. I remember being in CLT when our restored DC3 led the first CLT-LGW flight to the runway.

There is even a brief shot of the scene mentioned above--with the PI DC-3--in the TV ad for this movie.

I really missed out on something special didn't i?

By the time I started to fly on a regular basis Piedmont was long gone. I wonder what I missed?

What'd you miss? "A Model of How Good an Airline Can Be". "The Airline Rated Number One in Service without having First Class, Introduces First Class"(June 4, 1987).

Simply put, you missed perfection, my friend.

The Piedmont DC3, a cool plane to fly in. It was the first time I had ever flown in a DC3. They were flying it back to Winston after an air show at MacDill AFB in Tampa (with a fuel stop in Ocala). There were only about 6 of us on the plane. If you get a chance to see it at an airshow, be sure to go check it out. The guys who fly with it are super too.