Pilipino Reservation Agents

deltawatch

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I heard from a good source that US Airways is paying Pilipino Reservation Agents $180.00 a month. The average yearly income there is $1200.00 per year. There is NO middle class, a few mega-rich and everyone else is way below poverty level. Families live in shacks and kids are half naked for lack of money. I’m not kidding guys. If this is true, it’s really sad. Corporate America is disgusting. If they are going to outsource our jobs at least they could be fair to those that get them. This is as close to slavery as IV seen in my life time?????? Sad :down:

deltawatch said:
I heard from a good source that US Airways is paying Pilipino Reservation Agents $180.00 a month. The average yearly income there is $1200.00 per year. There is NO middle class, a few mega-rich and everyone else is way below poverty level. Families live in shacks and kids are half naked for lack of money. I’m not kidding guys. If this is true, it’s really sad. Corporate America is disgusting. If they are going to outsource our jobs at least they could be fair to those that get them. This is as close to slavery as IV seen in my life time?????? Sad :down:
[post="285020"][/post]​

If your numbers are correct, then US is paying 80% more than the average income. Sounds like middle class for that nation, not slavery. I believe that your characterization of the country may be accurate for some remote rural villages, but not the norm for urban areas. The comparison to US wages is apples to oranges.

That being said, my experience has been universally poor with non-domestic US agents. When one considers the lost income to the company due to poor work, people taking their business elsewhere and the cost of domestic employees to correct errors, these low salaries may not be cost effective.

deltawatch said:
[post="285020"][/post]​
Under America West do you think this will still be the case? Or do you think all off shore contracts will be cancelled?

AtlanticBeach said:
I

That being said, my experience has been universally poor with non-domestic US agents. When one considers the lost income to the company due to poor work, people taking their business elsewhere and the cost of domestic employees to correct errors, these low salaries may not be cost effective.
[post="285021"][/post]​

Unfortunately, no one at U had that insight. So long as they could shift costs out of their budget, that was 'management.'

deltawatch said:
[post="285020"][/post]​

That's why the Labor movement needs innovation, and creativity and organizing needs to go beyond the boarders, and off shore.

Global unionization of workers. :up:

deltawatch said:
[post="285020"][/post]​

Coming soon to a country near you.

deltawatch said:
[post="285020"][/post]​
There is a middle class, and it is small. Res agents are a part of the middle class.

The concentration of wealth amongst approx 200 extended families in the PHILIPPINES has been that way long before US Airways or any other company put call centers there.

It's not slavery and don't you dare blame the Philippines problems on US companies. Do some research and find out that about every other election is a coup.

Facts are, RES (or call center) agents get a very fair wage relative to the other jobs available in the area and relative to the cost of living in their geographic region.

speedbird86 said:
What the heck is a Pilipino? :huh:
[post="285034"][/post]​

Filipino..........but when you speak to someone from the Philippines
that say PILIPINO! I worked with a few. Always made me chuckle.

Here's the dictionary description.......

n (plural Fil·i·pi·nos) (plural Pil·i·pi·nos)
1. language official language of the Philippines: the official language of the Philippines, an Austronesian language based on Tagalog.
Over 15,000,000 people speak Filipino.
2. peoples somebody from the Philippines: somebody who was born or raised in the Philippines, or who has Philippine citizenship

PITbull said:
That's why the Labor movement needs innovation, and creativity and organizing needs to go beyond the boarders, and off shore.

Global unionization of workers. :up:
[post="285025"][/post]​

Seems like we have to vote out a snake in the bush? Wouldn't you just love to see THEIR benefits reduced for poor performance?

dc3fanatic said:
There is a middle class, and it is small. Res agents are a part of the middle class.

The concentration of wealth amongst approx 200 extended families in the PHILIPPINES has been that way long before US Airways or any other company put call centers there.

It's not slavery and don't you dare blame the Philippines problems on US companies. Do some research and find out that about every other election is a coup.

Facts are, RES (or call center) agents get a very fair wage relative to the other jobs available in the area and relative to the cost of living in their geographic region.
[post="285041"][/post]​

Ooops!!! Correction......Res agents WERE a part of middle class. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to contribute to Golden Parachutes. Sorry!

deltawatch said:
If they are going to outsource our jobs at least they could be fair to those that get them. This is as close to slavery as IV seen in my life time?????? Sad :down:

sky HIGH states: Speaking of outsourcing.........there's an ugly RUMOR going around PHILLY that the "outsourced" cleaners are ROBBING THIS COMPANY BLIND. White trash bags full of company liquor/property is heading to the parking lot on a daily basis. :down:
I hope those IN CHARGE, look into this ................rumor!!!

SKY HIGH said:
sky HIGH states:  Speaking of outsourcing.........there's an ugly RUMOR going around PHILLY that the "outsourced" cleaners are ROBBING THIS COMPANY BLIND.  White trash bags full of company liquor/property is heading to the parking lot on a daily basis.  :down:
[post="285088"][/post]​

What? I find it hard to believe that these kind of things go on while Al "Untouchable" Crellin is our Executive VP of Operations! He would be all over something like this and have it stopped immediatley since he is so in touch and concerned with the day to day ops of this company. Surely you must have these cleaners confused with ones from another company because things like this would never occur at our crown jewel.....

:lol:

SKY HIGH said:
deltawatch said:
If they are going to outsource our jobs at least they could be fair to those that get them. This is as close to slavery as IV seen in my life time?????? Sad :down:
sky HIGH states: Speaking of outsourcing.........there's an ugly RUMOR going around PHILLY that the "outsourced" cleaners are ROBBING THIS COMPANY BLIND. White trash bags full of company liquor/property is heading to the parking lot on a daily basis. :down:
[post="285088"][/post]​
No, no, no....and FREE TP, tell me it's not true??? So that's why they have to cut out the pretzels...God forbid. Could this travisty be controlled under good management?

nores4me said:
Ooops!!! Correction......Res agents WERE a part of middle class. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to contribute to Golden Parachutes. Sorry!
[post="285082"][/post]​
so? reinvent yourself. Learn a new skill.